1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Saudi Arabia to lower oil prices, the houston boom is over

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da1, Oct 13, 2014.

1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

The democratically elected leader there was killed for nationalizing the oil companies. That's why the brutal Shah followed and then the brutal Mullah's. Yes its still nationalized but they were thrown decades behind because of that one initial act. Good strategy.

1 person likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

a million per decade? are you talking about population growth? your math is confusing.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Oil is one of most energy dense materials in the world. If they could make something like a bloom server but so that it would not run so hot I think it would be better than a battery.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize that on a global scale, the amount of people that can afford and maintain the vehicle is pretty insignificant

5. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

You do realize that Tesla isn't going to be the only EV manufacturer.. Kandi EV for example is less than 10k for developing mega urban demographics

That fuel cell runs on nat gas.. clean, no residue.. all you need is the electrons

Oil would not work in a fuel cell sorry

6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Sure, but the fact that they now can produce a car at that price is huge progress. Once their mega factory starts pumping out batteries they will be able to afford to sell even cheaper models.

7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

They are still a year from showing a prototype. It won't go into production until 2017 and won't hit the streets until 2018. It's not too far away but they haven't shown that they can produce the vehicle yet. I'm hoping they are able to stay on schedule and increase the range to over 200 miles.

I'm curious if they got rid of the idea of the battery swap. It looked pretty sweet on stage but not sure how feasible that is in real life. I also hope that they can decrease the time it takes to charge the car through the supercharger. 30 minutes is great for driving around the city but could be a hassle on a long road trip. Free charging is nice though.

8. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Not sure how clean natural gas is. It's cleaner than oil but is it clean energy?

9. Chamillionaire

I'm sorry, I haven't read through the pages yet. Just out of curiosity, do you guys see the price of crude (WTI) increasing in the next few years? I've invested over $10,000 in it, right now I'm down a little bit. :confused: I've read forecasts that by 2017, it'll be around $90 a barrel.

Thanks. :cool:

10. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Should stay low for at least next 12 maybe 18 months. We don't care when it is low we just get to drill for cheaper.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

What method are you invested in WTI? Via futures, options on futures or ETF, direct investment, etc?

12. Chamillionaire

ETF. It's a long term investment for me so I'm okay with waiting til 2017.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Which etf? And don't wait for 2017. Oil may rally but it's not a solid bet. So much supply out there and then the China issue is a real monkey wrench. It may not be the best time to sell oil but I would be certainly happy to take the loss and move on to anything else.

14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

WTI looks like it may break out violently to the downside imminently as soon as today. London session opens soon so watch out.

15. Chamillionaire

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

17. Chamillionaire

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't know what that means. Good luck in your bet.

19. Chamillionaire

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Chevron laying off 1000.