1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-sign Corey Brewer to 3-year, $24M deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2015.

1. spark06

spark06 Member

28.4% from the 3 is not good. At all.

2. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

DMo busted out da box last season on both ends of the court. More training with Da Dream, McHale, CD, etc. he will only get better, psst... start with them free throws'

#202 djperm, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Another declining scale. Love it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Corey Brewer's contract with Houston Rockets starts at $8.2 mil, drops to $7.61 mil and $7.58 mil <a href="https://twitter.com/BBallInsiders">@BBallInsiders</a> 3-yrs $23.4 mil</p>&mdash; Eric Pincus (@EricPincus) <a href="https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/620001202479087617">July 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

How does Morey do it??!! If only he could get Smith and Howard and Howard to resign on the same kind of deal!

5. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Is that the norm now, seems like Morey like doing that to his most recent contracts to be declining smart. Have other teams done that in the past?

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Has the ink dried?

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

Corrected.

8. micah1j

micah1j Member

@Jonathan_Feigen: Brewer not signed. Just about scheduling his physical. Nothing new on Smith. No rush to take non-Bird tender offer.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Other teams did this too this season with the declining pay. It's common now.

What i don't see anything about is any talk about extensions? Dmo and Jones?

10. micah1j

micah1j Member

No extensions. TJ is probably traded. If you extend DMo it kills the cap space. His cap hold is going to be much smaller than his new contract. You go out and swing for Durant and then go over the cap to sign DMo.

1 person likes this.
  11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I know this thread is about brewer and I'm excited to have him back but man those numbers are very very good on DMO. If he can just replicate those exact same numbers but be more productive in other aspects that come with having more experience in the league then wow we really don't need a pf upgrade at all.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

From what I understand about Morey, he pretty much doesn't do extensions and it is highly unusual for him to sign an RFA before he has a chance to test the waters.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Thanx. If TJ is indeed going to be traded, as most here believe, then an extension will help his value.

I really worry about Dmo testing the market next year but it totally makes sense. The max next year for him would be 20 million dollars. It's crazy.

14. malakas

malakas Member

yes. This is the wisest route. However not for the next two years. With every single team having capspace to spend left and right. It's a risk.
    I tell you this shasta. THIS offseason is nothing compared to the next. You will lose your mind if you see what contracts will be given.

15. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

I like dmo alot!

The skill set he has for a big man is ++.

Some games when he 's part of the game plan and given the ball in the low post, I see hIm put up points even better than Dwight.

We should sign dmo to a long teRM deal...I think in the long run he will be better for the team than Howard.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Brewer hasn't signed yet (according to Feigen).......?

Not trying to look into anything, but seems rather odd to fart around getting a physical completed when it means you can put pen to paper and make official the $25,000,000 contract.

Especially since I would think Brewer would be more of a candidate to get moved than Ariza.

I mean, Ariza and Harden this weekend, posing with Neymar. Ariza's not going anywhere, right? Right?

*sound of crickets chirping*

17. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Official: The Rockets have re-signed forward <a href="https://twitter.com/TheCoreyBrewer">@TheCoreyBrewer</a>. Story: <a href="http://t.co/curP5uW2LO">http://t.co/curP5uW2LO</a> <a href="http://t.co/GTQ8SzKLHr">pic.twitter.com/GTQ8SzKLHr</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/621067030649647104">July 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BREWWWWWWW

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

About time.

19. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Finally official!

[​IMG]

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

I guess I'm in the minority that thinks that's a lot of money for an energy guy off the bench.