1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Thornton agrees to deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jul 12, 2015.

?

Do you like the signing of Marcus Thornton to a one-year, vet minimum deal?

1. YES

646 vote(s)
    95.1%
  2. NO

33 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

You know, I wonder how long it takes Codman and Doc Rocket to come up with some of these riddles lol

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

not trying to be a dick bro but someone made a thread for you

3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Dorsey still counts against our cap no?

4. Sanity2disChaos

Two rookies that have logged 0 minutes in the NBA in front of a guy who averaged 22 pts a game in a NBA season......✋

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Boozer over Dorsey all day long. Not even a question if Morey can make that happen

6. SRR21

SRR21 Member

What do you guys think it would take to get Dennis Schröder?

7. malakas

malakas Member

I'm more interested in the Hornacek part. I have read and there are many rumours that he had lost the lockeroom last year and management is not pleased with him. But now they have cleaned house (almost) just need to get rid of Markieff. Why would they let him go? He did so well before last year.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Only guards under Rick Adelman who are maybe available:

Ricky Rubio (available?)
    Kevin Martin (Does he still want to play here?)
    Alexey Shved (Traded away, doubt we want him)
    JJ Barea (Available I think, but not the guy)
    Malcolm Lee (Lol)
    Luke Ridnour (He's available and has been a solid guard for years)
    Ish Smith (Need's shooting)
    Jermaine Taylor
    Kyle Lowry (Read rumors he was available earlier)

9. malakas

malakas Member

he's not available. Seriously just let it go. He's not coming. He's their future.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

That is pretty obvious and makes a lot of sense. We need bigs who can shoot and make free throws. Dorsey had to go.

We needed a vet who could help right now in the post. As opposed to all these young guys.

But that seems separate to the MLE_____? line. RA's Ghost... chemisTRY

Who could it be?

11. malakas

malakas Member

Lowry is not availabe anymore. And because the Craptors play in the atlantic and it's impossible for them to tank or even miss the playoffs he won't get traded any time soon. Esp now that they traded away the malcontent Lou who was destroying their chemistry.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Barring a MAJOR trade sending out Ariza, I think one thing the Thornton signing does is eliminate wing players (Martin) as targets for the immediate future. Between Harden, Ariza, Brewer and Thornton -- with Dekker and perhaps even McDaniels behind them -- I think you feel good about the 48 minutes/game at SG and SF. My guess is any other acquisitions fall in the PG/big man departments.

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

They did sign Corey Joseph to a big contract which is starters money though. Albeit I'm not really too informed on their inte,l so take that with a grain of salt.

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Didn't Kevin Martin play for Adelman in Houston and Minnesota? Also Martin played in Sacto (Adelman?)

I think he's the guy Codman is referring to.

#274 Baqui99, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Ghost of Adelman. Kyle Lowry chemisTRY

Loved Adelman... not so much McHale. With all the talk of RA maybe three way trade. Rubio to Toronto and Lowry to Houston and Minny gets whatever they want from us.

16. malakas

malakas Member

I could be way off but thsi about the bird and the shooting 4 and winning more important tells me he means smith.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

not a fan of boozer, but if we get him for a minimum why not.

also, who's the stretch 4 that's "right there" if we "just LOOK"? and that line abut "a bird is squawking too much" wtf? larry bird? hawks? pellicans?

somehow i think this all means josh smith and his bird rights.

18. malakas

malakas Member

they had let leaks before that they were looking for Lowry trades, but in the last week they said no. It's more likely they trade Derozan because he has a player option next year and he is going to a ask too much. He is going to ask 20 mil per + . Joseph is not a starting caliber player pg and his contract is an overpayment.
    They have made a change of direction. Casey is walking a very thin line. They will change their team with a focus on defence and try to FINALLY develop some JV.

19. malakas

malakas Member

indiana had a hole in pf and even now has a very weak frontcourt. Before they signed jordan hill I was expecting them to go after smith. I am hypothetising that this is who he means. That Bird is still trying to sign him.
    But I'm bad with riddles and maybe it doesn't even mean anything in the first place. :grin:

20. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The way they developed JV has been so puzzling. He would show off his excellent post game when they actually go to him, but then Casey would then forget about him.

I'm not too sure what to expect from Joseph. I think I read that a large chunk of his offense was unassisted with the Spurs so I would assume it would carry on wherever he goes. He is also pretty young and learned from Pop. If it were the Kings or Knicks signing him I would be laughing at it. But Masai Ujri is a very very good GM, so we'll see