1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mprice

Mprice Member

I honestly wouldn't mind having martin off the bench for us, I don't understand where he is not 'fond" of Houston rumor is coming from being of which he would not have any say in the matter while he has a shot with a true contender.

2. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

and of course...Marcus Smart. not related to Adelman though

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Cyberx said that Martin refused a trade to Houston at the February deadline in the outgoing season, after Morey went after him.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

KJ is an amzing athlete who can block much bigger guys shots and run the court with the best of them. Not as good as Brewer but very good. KJ plays above the rim can dunk anything around him. He is a good wingspan which allows him to snatch up steals on defense.

That being said he does not have a polished defensive game. He misses his assignments in the short minutes he was given. It's partly why Nick Johnson was higher in the rotation order. He also can't shoot threes at a decent clip.

The intrigue of McDaniels is higher than it should be on this board IMO because of his amazing athleticism and his high flying dunks and Blocks. But if he improves his three point shooting and defense and both are possible then he becomes a real gem.

Morey saw that when he traded for him and sees it now. So he will spend to get him back but I'm thinking not much more than 3 mil. I could be wrong but personally he has a lot of potential but a lot of guys have never lasted in the league on potential alone.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

CJ McCollum makes a ton of sense. Still on rookie contract, and Portland is totally shuffling the deck.

6. sabesque

sabesque Member

Seriously. He would keep our offense rolling when James sits. He'd be like James light, scoring, getting to the line... Would be a great under-the-radar move

7. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

How so?

8. Mprice

Mprice Member

What animosity he might for us then? He helped us secure our MVP and he was sent to a contender himself it was a win win move. Plus he doesn't have a no trade clause with his contract so he can't possibly block a move.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

"BTW, whomever said Scola is coming back? Whereheatdoe"

Sounds like he is saying where he at that fool who was saying Scola is coming here.

10. Mprice

Mprice Member

This. Exactly what I'm thinking, it's so frustrating when we get in those stagnant dry spells the second Harden takes a breather. It would be a breath of fresh air to have north of 40% from three on this team too.

11. sabesque

sabesque Member

I remember reading on here that he was a beating the "morey treats players like assets" drum. But if the choice is being buried on the bench in minny or swallowing his pride and coming back, he may play nice.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

O damn condom with another riddle! Really want Lawson though :(

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I hope not to Rockets at least.

He has a long way to go before he understands how to play the game.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

That makes no sense for Portland. He's exactly the kind of talent they should hold onto.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Jones as mixed as he has been has been a better player in their careers so far. A swap makes decent sense for both teams.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

They are going young.

They are getting rid of older players.

McCollum fits their rebuilding process. A good shooting guard to play beside Lillard....if Lillard ever stops shooting.

17. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Gotta love auto correct :p

18. Mprice

Mprice Member

Makes sense, I'm sure he would take the ladder especially at this point of his career and minny opting to go young.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Sure they could, but the one fact that is not disputable is that you absolutely can not use that tied up cap space until the Rockets decide or the 72 hours are up. Since you don't know exactly what other free agents those teams are also looking at you don't know if they had plenty of cap space to tie it up with KJ or not.

I don't know why this is such a hard concept for you. It happens every year and teams frequently get burned by signing restricted free agents. If you are another team and you already know Daryl Morey will match a 3 or 4 million dollar offer sheet for KJ, what exactly is you motivation for helping the Rockets by signing him? What exactly is your motivation for even wasting your time.

The better strategy is easily the one where Daryl Morey uses a portion of the MLE before KJ is signed. If Daryl uses just 1 dollar of the MLE then another team can offer KJ 5.464 million dollar contract and Houston would not be able to match. Until that happens, teams will wait until all other options are used before they sign KJ.

20. MONON

MONON Member

I wouldn't want Levine because of his < average shooting %. I would take Muhammad or Martin though. They shoot 37 & 38% 3's respectively, although neither is a "ball handler" per say. I'd hope Martin can bury the hatchet with the Rockets for a ship run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.