1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Is KJ really this good, maybe I need to go look at highlights I don't get it. My priority would be to resign Smith and Terry and find another point guard KJ would be gone already.

2. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Thanks for the information Codman.

The only player that makes sense is Kyle Lowry.

Mike James for Rafer Alston. TOR to HOU.

Lowry was loyal to Adelman that it soured his relationship to McHale.

The other person it can be is K.Mart but I doubt the relationship aspect of that.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Damn that's a lot of info

NOW Someone genius pls break that down and give us all th possibilities

Who are the other 2 guards who handle the rock like a PG in similar vein to James?

#50223 FTW Rockets FTW, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  4. Mr Chuck Norris

Hmm...This has beeen consistently feeling like kevin martin, what with the old rockets coming back thing too...meh...I'll take him... dont really care enough to get it becasue e cant dribble.

Now Rubio/Martin or Rubio/Shabbazz I can dig.

5. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

So Rick Adelman is the "common denominator", huh?

So this could be any of the teams he coaches INCLUDING Houston.

It sounds like we're talking to the Kings, T-Wolves, and are exploring deals for other players that played under Adelman or McHale during his T-Wolves days.

PS Thank you for returning, Codman! I knew you'd miss posting :) You work for a team? Hook me up, I'm graduating from college in two years with a fresh business admin degree. :grin:

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Terry's decision is mostly independent of KJ's. The Rockets have a large enough cap exception on Terry (some form of Bird Rights and Terry made decent $ last season) and does not need to use the MLE to pay him. I think his hold-up has little to do with KJ and is either a matter of 1) wanting more $ than is currently offered by any team, or 2) waiting for HOU to possible work out a trade using him as a S&T chip, which would enable him to be paid more than his market price.

Smith is the one who may require MLE since his "Non-Bird Exception" is only $2.49M and other teams might offer more. But the thing is that Smith seems to be staying patient with the process so far. It looks like either he hasn't gotten a big enough offer from an attractive enough team yet to tempt him into leaving. Otherwise, he'd probably have signed already.

7. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

LMA doesn't want to be brand. Lawson and Harden get along. I mean everything was made up, but at least do some fact checking.

8. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Also, why doesn't anybody want Kevin Martin? I would love him... Especially if Morey/McHale can repair their relationship with him or convince him to give them a 2nd chance..

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Honestly, that is what I thought too. He scores like James, but he can't pass or defend. He hates Morey and refused to come back to Houston around the February deadline per cyberx.

I don't think he will be a good fit along with Harden.
    Pass up on him.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

what info?

11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. Fantasma Negro

I think its going to be Ricky Rubio and Kevin Martin or Shabazz Napier and Josh McRoberts

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

It's not Kevin Martin, guys. You can stop with the speculation about him. (Y'all probably won't)

I feel like it's Shabazz Muhammad who he is referring to if we're talking about the Minnesnowta Timberwolves.

He's a guard who can score and shoot.

Look at the top 20 5-man rotations for the Wolves last season.

http://www.82games.com/1415/1415MIN2.HTM

Shabazz was only in 2 of them and was featured as a small forward.

Rubio, Mo, Wiggins, LaVine, and Martin all go more run at the guard spots than Shabazz did. Mo is gone now, but they brought in Tyus Jones. Wiggins primary position is small foward. So that leaves Rubio, LaVine and Martin all expected to get major minutes at the guard spots leaving Shabazz on the bench playing back up to those three guys plus Wiggins.

Shabazz seems to be mishandled by Rick his first season, and is entering his third season after having a decent sophomore year. Definitely improved under Skip.

Kevin Martin used to play for Rick with the Kings. traded for him.
    Shabazz Muhammad used to play for Rick with the Wolves. ???

Also, Codman is always talking about brotherhoods. Bazz is from California much like Harden, and he did go to UCLA much like Ariza. Maybe the bond is already there? I dunno though.

Other than that, I like Shabazz as a player. He's a bit of a ball hog though. He doesn't seem to like sharing the ball, and that's an understatement, but it's always good to have guys who can score for themselves.

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Kevin Martin would be a fantastic pickup for us. Would finally give us that scoring punch off the bench we need and would be one of the only guys on our team that is a threat to hit the open three.

Would probably take Papa + TJ + pick?

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

but doesn't an off guard play ... Guard? A guard that really plays off guard is redundant.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's been repeated a few times on the board previously, that Martin is not fond of Houston at all and doesn't want to be back here.

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Sure, but it's also been repeated that he has zero choice in the matter.

18. bmd

bmd Member

James Harden was hanging out with Ty Lawson in Los Angeles in early June. They're cool. So the bolded part isn't true.

[​IMG]

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

adelman denominator is lowry, martin, rubio, shabazz, etc.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol Kmart won't be coming to Houston. He hates it here.
    And he doesn't have the PG skills like Harden has. So I don't think Cod is referring to him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.