1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He demonstrated a very soft touch around the rim. His shooting mechanics are very nice and the ball looks the same coming off of his hands almost every time. Maybe a little too much arc. Looks like he can develop into a 70+% free throw shooter too me. He was 60% in D-League and his mechanics are good and repeatable. He has so much more lateral quickness than Ed Davis that its not even a fair comparison. He is so much more of a quick leaper than Ed Davis that is not a fair comparison either.

I don't know what Capela's ceiling is but I think it is much much higher than Ed Davis its an unfair comparison. None of this means Capela will every reach his potential or pan out but he has certainly shown flashes that its there.

2. Play07

Play07 Member

i knew it was lol, but yeah he still has time he was just a rookie and filled in, no need to deal him just because just saying for a team upgrade.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I just wanted to point this out. This is so true and Daryl Morey rarely trades an asset until it has matured to its peak value without getting significant return on his investment.

4. basketballholic

Illogical. They're not waiting on the Kings. That's over. Kings signed Rondo. Markey to clear?

The question is a very simple one. They're waiting the Rockets or Knicks to pay up for Lawson. But neither team is.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I have never been convinced that Lawson is right for this Rox squad. (I really would like some good insight into this.) I am 'certain' that TL is not a P-Jax 1.

Realistic question: who gets traded first, Lawson...or Faried?

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

My guess is Faried, because the Nuggets would like to get a better PF. Lawson can start, and Mudiay can come off the bench.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Faried is darned good, tho he needs to be engaged. Was not always that last season. On the Rox I believe he would be terrific.

Oh, yeah, we're 'all' talking Lawson...

8. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Deandre Jordan also says hello.

Also Capela is reportedly working on his midrange and 3pt shots. I think he can end up being a DMC type of player skill set wise. Not saying he'll ever be DMC.

9. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

So is Miami giving up on Chalmers?

10. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Lawson played his best basketball in terms of doing everything to win as a secondary playmaker sharing the dish with Chauncey Billups in layups or dunks / threes / free-throws system of George Karl.

That's all you need to know about his fit in Houston.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think you think I was being sarcastic....I wasn't. The Mavs really are a poorly run franchise and you showed an example of it.

Well Cuban inherited a HOF PF, and given that he was one of the best to ever play the game, he helped them win a lot when he was young enough to do so....but I can't see any of the moves the Mavs have made really help them. In fact, pretty much every move that has been made hurt them.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'm not sure it's all, but it helps.

13. mercy road

mercy road Member

IMHO no sane GM would trade Capela right now unless he was a required piece to obtain an all-star. At 21 years old, with centers taking years longer in the NBA to mature when compared with other positions, his potential is very high. And as a low first round pick, his cap carry cost is very very low. And Morey certainly is of the same mind. He sent Sikma down to RVG to work with Capela and Dream sessions are probably scheduled.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Chalmers sucked it up this season without Lebron, his %'s dropped hard. Maybe with Harden, Chalmers would be a respectable player again, but Harden doesn't need another player to create for, he needs a creator to help him.

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

LOL. Credit? Speculation, perhaps.

Hardly. Most of us called this awhile back. I heard whispers from my side about it early on. Dwight is well liked and best buds with Smooth and Dwill.

The Brotherhood is deep. DWill was always going to be bought out. Dallas is home, but Houston was right there.

Guess what? We're not done. Our splash is completely under the damn radar. UNDER.

Let it breathe.

Remember Rafer Alston and Mike James? Traded right before, well, you know the story.

We're good.

Just don't let people devalue Trevor. That could be the final factor.

Peace and love from Cali.

Cod.

Rick Adelman stomping grounds ....coming to a theater near you.;)

1 person likes this.
  16. Mattician

Mattician Member

Before the season starts or by the trade deadline?

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Adding a mature yet younger Tyson Chandler and having Devin Harris at his peak were very good moves.

Dirk fell like a rock as soon as Tyson went to NY, because he was an average defender at his best.

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

Smith/Howard for collision/boogie. You heard it here first. Haha

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Portland?
    Stomping ground = Terrence Jones? :p

Portland
    Golden State
    Sacramento
    <strike>Houston</strike>
    Minnesota