1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do we rank in the West today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jul 9, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

its just you that's gonna be shocked.

2. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

SAS might end up having a better team that some of the others in the west, but Pop resting his "stars" usually equates to a few less regular season wins.

GSW
    MEM
    HOU
    OKC
    SAS
    LAC
    NOP
    UTAH

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

This is pretty accurate. Don't forget that Pop likes to rest a lot of the starters later in the season, and in the West every game counts for seeding. Wouldn't be surprised if San Antonio is 5th or 6th in the seedings, only to end up making it to the second round or to the WCF. I wouldn't be surprised if OKC gets beat in the first or second round. Everyone is improving and they seem to stay the same year in and year out. Either the Jazz or Suns will overtake the Mavs in the playoffs, and it will be close.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Let me go draw 8 teams out of a hat.

5. joesr

joesr Member

damn, shots fired! :eek::mad::eek:

6. joesr

joesr Member

I dont think Kanter signed yet

7. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Putting the Rockets at 2 may be a bit optimistic, but I feel good about our chances of re-signing Smith and Terry, while also adding a Chalmers-level (or hopefully better) PG to the rotation.

If we lose Smith and/or keep the PG rotation as is, then I would have us dropping to 4 or 5

8. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

If all teams are healthy rockets are 4th best in the west behind SA, GSW, and OKC

9. do work son

do work son Member

anywhere between 2 and 4.

GSW keeps the same team. they can't be better than last year really. maybe they have some injuries this year, who knows.

spurs add LMA and west but duncan parker and manu are 1 year older. manu and parker looked washed last year. green was a ghost in the playoffs. mccallum is a nice pickup, but there are questions with them too.

memphis keeps the same roster give or take. adds wright but loses koufus. still lack scoring.

okc healthy is a problem. but will they be healthy? serge adams and kanter down low is pretty good. healthy durant and westbrook gets 50 wins alone.

10. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

He hasn't, at least to my knowledge. Despite recent reports, I really hope that Cuban decides to offer Kanter the max, delivering the fatal blow to Durant and OKC's relationship (if they don't match)

11. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

j*zz are in playoffs mix for sure if one of their point guards would show up

We are getting better because of team chemistry and a possible full season from Dwight, we can win 62+ with ease if Dwight would stay healthy this season. If not, we are screwed, like always:mad:

12. stab

stab Member

I have us 3rd. Despite the injuries during the regular season we won 56 games in the West. We got to the WCF despite missing 40% of our starting lineup. And we have just about everyone coming back.

I have is behind the Spurs and Warriors. Perhaps 4 depending on what OKC does.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have us at 6th but do not expect it to stay that way for long (we're still flexible, plenty of bullets in the chamber). My only worry is that it seems extremely hard to break into the top 3 barring a major injury.

14. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Same as this, but Phoenix, Utah, and even Dallas (if Matthews and Parsons are healthy) battling for 8th. I think the top 3 are very close to each other and then the Rockets and Clippers are clearly behind them, but not a huge separation.

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Spurs
    Warriors
    Thunders
    Rockets
    LAC
    Grizzlies
    Suns
    Jazz

16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

why are people putting the spurs in front of us? lol i love the rockets as much as the next, but theres 0 chance we could beat their team right now in a best of 7 series with what we have right now and they have.

17. Handles

Handles Member

0 chance wow. Such a strong opinion.

Manu I think is done. Duncan is effective, but old and can't play as many minutes anymore. Can he check howard? The answer is no. Kawhi is as good a guy as any to D up harden, but the beard is gonna get his regardless of who stands in front of him. Parker is a year older and looked like a shade of his old self last year. If we can keep smith, I like him checking Aldridge.

All in all, I think we match up well with the spurs. The clippers and okc are tougher matchups, in my opinion.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

we didnt rank top 4 in espn's first take or w/e show is on right now. memphis is ahead of us, and clippers. weird way to hate us. blatant, no logic, bs'ing like a mug

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

People are overrating the Spurs too soon. They'll be contenders obviously, but they've never had to get comfortable playing with a new star before. Could be some chemistry issues at 1st.

1- GSW
    2- Hou
    3- SAS
    4- OKC
    5- LAC
    6- Mem
    7- NOP
    8- Phx

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

There are five teams that will be fighting for the top four spots: GS, HOU, LAC, SA and OKC.

I see us being the 4-6 seed as currently constructed.