1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones is back people!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Feb 26, 2015.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hey, I used to think D-Mo was the softie scrub and TJ was the young phenom waiting to explode. How the turn tables...

2. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

I like TJ but the dude is very inconsistent and "disappears" too much and too often and really should be a far better rebounder and defender by now. However, I agree with the mfastx, I have seen enough of Smith to know the dude is god damn lazy asa defender nearly all the time, thinks he is Magic J all too often and he's not even on the same continent as a ball handler and passer, and just seems to make the dumbest low BBIQ plays when it is crucial for him to know his role on the team. Yes he had some great games this year and w/o his performances against the Clips we aren't in the WCF, but I am fine with him walking after this season and working with Dmo and TJ to see if they develop better (in light if TJ's injury I'll give him one last year of a pass), but he has to rebound much better, go strong to the hoop - that block last night was horrible, that is a thunderous dunk if Howard gets the ball there - and has to contribute more on offense... Not sue if he has hit his ceiling though...

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Terence Jones is the PF version of Jeremy Lin. And Josh Smith is the more extreme version of Terence Jones.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No problem if you think that and our GM is Morey. One of my fav players is Jones.

I will stick with him till he gets traded sooner or later. In his defense his nerve injury takes a lot longer than ppl here realize.

Jones will blossom somewhere else where he is more appreciated for sure.

I never said he was a sure allstar candidate, just said he would become a solid player.

If ppl cannot wait then ok. But when somebody is going to get sacked and his co-workers are being mean behind his backs, knowing it and still hating on him.

I am just not the guy who blames any player (not even well paid star Harden) for a loss.

How would you feel?

5. colts_1994

colts_1994 Member

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Jones is a good player. Haters gonna hate.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Jones would be a real good solid player in the East. Can't hang with the Western powerhouses though.

8. underrated015

underrated015 Member

if he can only make a layup/jumpshot when someone is around him.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yet, as a starter, he helped a western conference team make it to the western conference finals.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

After Dmo had done all the heavy lifting in the regular season. Look how he got torched against the best of the best throughout the Western playoff. Thank goodness for Josh.

11. mercy road

mercy road Member

I do hope that comment was sarcasm.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Am i wrong?

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wait, so before D-Mo got hurt, he was the starter???

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. It was benching him that helped the team get to the WCF.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Before DMo got hurt he was starting at the 5 because Dwight was hurt, before that he was starting at the 4. Had he not gotten hurt, he'd have gone back to starting at the 4 and the team has a much better shot of making the finals.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

To be fair, I think he scored the first 7 points of the Rocket-storm in game 5 against the Clips. So we wouldn't have advanced.

But...consistent, not so much.

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is very true. TJONES is expendable to us and the potential is there but we do not have the time for him to grow anymore. Hopefully Phoenix can see his potential and would be willing to give us bledsoe for him, dekker, kpaps, and possibly nick johnson.

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Coachbadlee whatever happens do not acknowledge BobbytheFluke cuz he is a hater. Ignoring him is best.

19. Garner

Garner Member

I remember when I thought this thread was titled "jones is black people!"

1 person likes this.
  20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

You dont trade all that for a health risk like bledsoe