1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-sign Beverley to 4-Year $25M Deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2015.

1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree he would be a nice addition.

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

At the end of the day, he's still a millionaire playing for a contender. Not like its the end of the world.

3. Kash

Kash Member

It was a good deal; however, I still don't believe he's the answer. If we go into the season with the same guys, we cannot win the NBA title. It's pretty obvious Houston needs another guard that can create his own shot and score. That being said, it's a good deal and I like Pat, but he should be coming off the bench - conserve some of that energy.

4. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Yes. I love this deal at this price. I appreciate Beverly and what he brings. It would have been terrible to be put in the same situation as we found ourselves in with CP last year.

I would love a stud ball handling pg but until we find the right that pg I'm so glad to keep Bev.

5. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I don't totally disagree with you, but IF PBev and DMo were healthy against Golden State, we might have beaten them. We aren't that far from where we need to be.

Another year of playing together and maturing as a team could be just what we need. Along with the aforementioned health.

6. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Would have certainly gone more than 5 games, that's for sure.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Finally out to rest everyone who thought this guy would get a huge offer. Good for bev. Good value and stays on a winning team.

8. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

A great deal for the rockets.

9. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Great deal for Bev but surprised at the amount of posters saying he took a discount or that Morey pulled off a heist.

Back in the Pat Bev is garbage thread plenty of posters were disagreeing with me when I said Bev would easily get $4-5M a year and here he is sitting on a little over $6M average.

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

To be fair, we are now in a world where Reggie Jackson is a max player.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Back then nobody knew the market would be this crazy with people throwing money at everyone, for example Kousta Koufus got 8.5M most people would've thought 3M would be good deal for him and 5M was too much.

In light of horrible contracts like this Bev getting 6M is a bargain, and definitely a result of him not seeing his market value. If he went to FA I think a team like Dallas would've offered him a bit more.

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

FWIW:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Best guess on cap figures for Pat Beverley's new deal (reported as 4yrs/$23M with 4th year NG'teed at ~$5M): Salary may DECLINE each year...</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/618101256997867521">July 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">...That'd put Beverley's 2015-16 salary at $6,500,000.
    2016-17: $6,012,500
    2017-18: $5,525,000
    2018-19: $5,037,500 (NG'teed)
    Just a guess.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/618101744292098050">July 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

That's very cheap! Hope he can stay healthy and still play his style of games

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm not sure thats the case. Looking ahead to next year his contract wont be in the realm of "max deals" , it'll be half of what the top veteran superstars get paid.
    I'm thinking what we are seeing with all this $$$ being thrown around is teams spending that surplus next year on contracts today.

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I believe he wanted to stay with a winning team, could of easily when to Kings or Knicks.

16. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe we got Bev back for cheaper than Cory Joseph.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

If Bev can stay healthy - which has been an issue for him for his career here in Houston I think its a great contract considering the new landscape of NBA contracts. He just needs to fully heal himself I think he just has had a history of trying to rush back to the court and compete (the guy is too competitive for his own good at times I feel) -- at least now he doesnt need to worry about his money he has it and can rest and rehab properly and to the fullest. He did drop off on both ends last season but I do think he will have a bounce back year.

and I agree if we can get DJ Augustine to back up Bev that would be huge for this team

18. langal

langal Contributing Member

Bev is a good deal. That 4th year team option makes it a great deal - very valuable asset.

It might sounds like a lot of money - but now is the time to overpay a little. When the new cap comes, teams will be overpaying a lot.

19. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I don't think Reggie is the kind of player we want in our locker room and I really don't think mixing Beverly and Reggie Jackson would be good for our locker room.

20. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

wow. we all love him more now. He def could have gotten more money elsewhere, which he has earned. Congrats to him either way. I'm def happy to have him back.