1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, are we done with all the moves?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ibm, Jul 4, 2015.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Don't think it matters if he is happy. Will Harden be happy if this is all the moves?

2. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I really hope they find another pg. We need another facilitator badly. Harden even stated as much after we lost to golden state. So far we really haven't changed much and I hope we aren't done

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

this all sounds very logical. i could also see them trading dmo instead of jones if morey feels at this point that he will not end up paying him a contract that he will get. no one really know, and he may not even know at this point. im sure he will take into consideration what his chances are on having durant sign with the rockets. harden probably knows a lot at this point about that. and it all depends on how the thunder do this next season.

4. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

My boy, the game is just beginning!
    I;m sure Morey will do some trades before season beginning; and he will do trades before trade deadline

5. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

I think that is much overblown. He said that right after we lost, when emotions are running at their highest. We were down 2 starters...., TWO STARTERS, and should have been 1-1 heading back to Houston.

Llull would have been a perfect signing and offseason, but we had the third best record in the league, while almost never having our optimal lineup on the floor, usually out 2-3 guys at a time all year long.

6. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Lets go get Bledsoe. They need another big and SG. Lets send Nick Johnson back home and Terrence Jones and fillers.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Why would KJ want to resign just to languish on the bench? He can play for alot of teams out there and a split may be mutual.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It's not his choice. He is a restricted free agent. On top of that because he is a 2nd round pick with only 1 year in the league the largest contract he can get is a max MLE for the 1st year. That means as long as the Rockets have the MLE the choice is theirs if they want KJ back on the team.

9. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I just want our team to be able to play a full season with everyone healthy. Once we have our core actually playing together with minimum injurys(not Dwight, jones, bev, and Dmo hurt all season) I think we will have a much better offense

Bev/harden/terry
    Harden/brewer/ McDaniels
    Ariza/smith
    Jones/Dmo
    Howard/Capella

I think we have a stacked team. Dmo and smith can facilitate very well for being big men. I think smith would be better at the back up 3

Let's get some actually play time together and let's get this ring

10. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Yes our team is stacked but we still need another person to create and score off the dribble, like Harden wants. He has made it clear he needs another ball handler along side him. We have to listen to our star, or it won't sit well, and we can't let him lose trust in organization.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I hope not. Still need that 2nd guy who can create shots. We are probably 4th in the west barring injuries after sa, okc and gs

12. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

get a guy like Stuckey to create off the dribble and create plays for da 2nd unit

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

How someone could be a member of this board since 07 and even have this question is confusing.

The team now and the team we have heading into the playoffs(when it matters) will be different and better unless God forbid more injuries.

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Smith at the 3 is dumb

15. JD88

JD88 Member

A backup PG that can run the second team and maybe another 3 pt shooter on the wing is all we really need.

We're solid down low if everyone stays healthy.

16. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Resign Jet with vet min
    Resign Smoove with MLE
    Trace Jones + K-Pap for Darren Collison

Boom. Band of Brothers is back and we get a secondary playmaker.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Sounds so simple...

18. fwood_rockets

fwood_rockets Member

Is it actually reasonable to think we can sign both Smith and KJ with the MLE and possibly even Harrell? I'm sorry I don't want to be negative but that seems like a stretch. Honestly, I see no reason to bring back KJ since we drafted Dekker. Why spend the extra money on a fairly redundant player? And the Kings are probably going to throw more than 5-6 million at Smith I would think. Of course Bev and Brew signed for less to stay here, so it's not out of the question. Honestly I'd rather we try and sign West, Stoudemire, or Bass over Smith. I would go after Mo Williams, Corey Joseph (restricted, but I doubt the Spurs spend a lot of money on a 3rd pg), and Leandro Barbosa.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This probably isn't a popular opinion but I wouldn't mind JJ Barea.

If not thru FA the team will have to use other resources to fill the need via trade.

The FA list is pretty thin at the point .... Not much at all at the top with Reggie Jackson being the top guard left and he's restricted. After that its guys like Barea , Brooks & Cory Joseph who is also restricted .... once you get past those guys the pickings are slim.
    What are the chances Brooks returns to Houston .... after being traded away twice.
    Joseph being RFA and the Spurs having landed Aldridge may have to let him walk depending upon what Duncan & Manu cost, just not sure what it would take to land him.

You might be able to pick up Lowry , Lawson or Collison via trade but they probably cost you a next years 1st and matching salary. Toronto & Sacramento have very little incentive to move Lowry or Collison & I'm not sure I really want Lawson.

Some portion of the MLE spent on Barea , sign Terry and a vet big to min deals (Scola , Boozer , Stoudemire , Bass , Hansbrough , Koufos) and call it a day retaining some assets to make in season moves.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

At this point I would be happy with Brooks if McHale would play him. Don't get how Canaan and Brooks can leave and get more playing time when we have one of the crappiest pg rotations in the league. Still do.

I also do not get how Morey did not get a pg. F#%! the BPA if we don't have a starting pg. Bev is not a pg. He can't distribute and his defense suffers when he focuses on offense. As old as our pg's were when he was out I don't think he was that much of an improvement.

So what if Dekker is versatile. We have 25 power forwards and 15 sf's. Sometimes you got to make it about need. Where the f is the need. We need a starting pg.

More than losing LMA I am frustrated by not adressing the pg situation. We had the worst pg rotation last season and we still have the worst pg situation.

1 person likes this.