1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So who exactly is the Rockets PG next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jul 1, 2015.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Hopefully last year was just an anomaly for him because he shot 29% from 3 (80 games plated ) with no Lebron.

2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Cheer up! We'll get a point guard but he's going to be another stop gap, nobody long term.

Unfortunately, my prediction is Morey is not going to address the PG position and once Harden's contract is up, he's going to bolt! :(

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Then it is a lock that Harden stays, cause I wouldn't believe a word you say.

You are a irritating troll and its only a matter of time till Clutch gives you a much needed vacation from this board.

Cap locks all over the place and you only post about one thing.

at least in this thread you are halfway on topic

4. basketballholic

Did you mean to say he can't shoot from outside?

Because his jumper is somewhere between Terrenceish and Dellevadovaish...knowaddaimean?

He has worked on it a ton. But it's still one of those moment kinda things, where the whole world stops as he slowly uncoils it with the defenders all faded away from him wondering where the thing is gonna go........kinda like he's throwing a softball at a trash can or something.

If we were gonna go after a kid like this....I'd really just as soon sign Aaron Craft. He'll make plays, his shot is just as good as Kendall's (which ain't say'n much). But his defense at the top is off-the-charts nasty.

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

^Aaron Craft? Really

Dude is a lesser beverly

Kendall can atleast make plays off the bench or something. Craft could barely dribble without getting the ball stolen in college.

6. basketballholic

Ummm, Craft is a heady little playmaker. Watch some current video of him.

7. fattz

fattz Member

Aaron Craft would be a nice fit, too.

KM last 2 years 3point% .395

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

I disagree with your opinion of his ball handling. Reminds me of a younger, better defending, Prigioni. Craft is not gifted athletically, but he is as smart as there is on the court. And his effort on D is special.

9. spark06

spark06 Member

Craft?! LOL. What a joke. Kendall would be a nice add for the low low.

10. basketballholic

true. He did put a bunch of 3-balls year before last and he nailed them. I'm still not a believer long-term. His mechanics are way too slow. But.....I'm open to his continued improvement. He's a fantastic playmaker, that's for sure.

11. basketballholic

Here's another point guard with a ridiculous goose gun rifle. Quick trigger and he can hit it from the Gulf of Mexico. Surely his defense isn't as bad as Jet's and Pablo's? Maybe we could trade our 2016 first rounder for him??

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cwTlv9NhBQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would love to trade for Bledsoe but if either Denzel Livingston or Deangelo Harrison step up and shock us a la Patrick Beverley, even better.

13. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Are you making fun of Morey or are you trying to facilitate this conversation?

14. spark06

spark06 Member

Why would the Sixers give up their franchise cornerstone and future hall of famer in Canaan? If Kaminsky was worth 4 1sts, it'll take 6 for Canaan balllllll.:grin:

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

I'd like one of dem Spurs guards. Not sure what's their situation with contracts, are they free agents or not, but either of patty mills and corey joseph would be nice to have. Totally an upgrade over Beverley on ofence

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I wouldnt mind canaan back. I was at that Sacramento game where he went off so I might be biased but my dad was like who is that guy lol

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

patty mills/pat bev would be sick
    lawson/bev
    collison/bev
    bev/i thomas
    mills/stuckey
    collison/stuckey

we should be ok for pgs so many options via trade

18. OpenLayup-Why3?

From what I remember, Canaan has no ability to create for his teammates. Latest Morey acquisition (Prigioni) shows that creating for others is key quality for our PG spot.

19. basketballholic

I don't think Morey wanted to trade him. McHale wouldn't play him unless he didn't have anybody else. Morey saw that and moved the kid. But I think in Morey's world (and mine) he'd have played Canaan major rotation minutes. And we were stinking hot at the beginning of the season when Canaan was in there for Bev.

Everybody's griping we need a PG upgrade and about how exposed we were in the playoffs. We had this guy. So, if we traded this guy because McHale wouldn't play him then you gotta consider what exactly does McHale want at the point, don't you? And obviously Morey preferred 2 aged, slow point guards to Canaan.

This is one reason why I've consistently told you we aren't interested in Ty Lawson. He doesn't defend. So, no matter how long a list of point guards we come up with....you'd better check their D.

If they don't D, it's not to be.

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Someone get Matt Maloney on the phone.