1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yep trading Howard is probably not happening. But I bet if Morey was honest he would admit he has considered and is open to offers.

It's all about improving the team and Morey has probably run thru 1000's of scenarios that might accomplish that.

I think LMA is better for this team than Howard going forward. Morey may not agree but he certainly seems to see some value in him if he set up a meeting which is contingent on us clearing a lot cap.

2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I believe if doc said it it is because he heard it

So I believe that makes us his first he has some doubts maybe we can acquire him and that's why were second on the list to To pitch to him our plan f to acquire him in free agency with the possibility of doing a sign with Portland to see if they can convince Portland that they can acquire the cap space to force a snt

I see houston as the front runners with sas as a close second and Dallas at third with Toronto / lakers all at the back of the pack

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Trying to dictate on the iPhone sorry about the typos

4. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Doc has let me down before so I don't really consider what he says to be the truth or anywhere near it. It's more for fun.

5. HTM

HTM Member

they're involved in reporting on a very fluid process... things aren't absolute and a million different scenarios are probably floating around out there....

It is what it is.

6. Nook

Nook Member

McHale and Harden not being present tells me the Rockets know this is a long shot.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Our jerseys are pretty good actually:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise: <a href="http://t.co/g1J1lLuzOI">pic.twitter.com/g1J1lLuzOI</a></p>&mdash; Baxter Holmes (@BaxterHolmes) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaxterHolmes/status/615914091576627201">June 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Good sales don't always equate to good aesthetics/quality.

McDonald's sells millions of burgers every year though no one can honestly say they make a damn good burger.

1 person likes this.
  9. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Sales do not equal good :p

Personally hate our jerseys and have since we got them. Simple red and white is lame, the curved lines are strange, the wide shoulders are blah, and the logo is just the worst. We could do so much better. (Or maybe not seeing what they did with our alternate logo last year)

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Having 2 top 15 players might be a reason why we have good merchandise sales..

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That's 100% correct that I'm sure if given truth serum, Morey would tell you that you could get better value by trading him.

The one issue though in this theoretical trade scenario, is that it is pretty obvious that Morey absolutely values rim protection. When discussing value, and players, while Aldridge might be the better fit offensively, defensively where does that leave Houston without rim protection, and how does he see a D-Mo/Aldridge front line fit moving forward?

I think that team would be so dominant offensively that it might not matter, but the fact is, you move Dwight out, LMA in, and do not address how the Rockets protect the rim, and rebound (both LMA and D-Mo are not proficient rebounders), you rob Peter to pay Paul in alot of ways.

Lets see what happens. I think its going to come down to the Spurs, Rockets, and the Lakers as leverage. The Rockets will need to present pretty well, and you know damn well that LMA's agent & mgmt will call around after the meeting to find out how likely these proposed trades or S&T options are.

I assume that his agent calling around to check how feasible these deals are will lead to alot of leaks and we will hear a ton more about Houston's plan tomorrow. If we don't hear anything than more than likely his agent isn't making calls and they are going in another direction.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Our jerseys are atrocious...I own 4 though

13. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

14. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Dwight after Kobe went into the pitch meeting and told Dwight how Kobe could teach him how to win...

15. Raven

Raven Member

Morey's name would be dirt if he traded Dwight. No star would ever trust him again. LMA is probably torn between losing in LA or winning in SA. Someone mentioned Houston as a compromise. There might be some truth to that theory.

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I own 6 (Hakeem, Yao, T Mac, Harden, Howard, Lin - oops...)- not counting the gag XXXL pinstripes Franchise jersey.... UGH.

But yeah if I can I go retro - new look kind of sucks.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Would it be possible to trade for a pg and keep bev brew and smith? We could be so damn good

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Just got done watching the clutch city documentary last night and people are always saying we romanticize those jerseys because we won a championship. I disagree, they are just way better

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Due diligence - good moves. At those salaries both are great value but I bet KJ gets a bigger deal (didn't cyber say Hinkie is already looking to poach him back?). Teams might stay clear of Bev due to injuries - a lot of that is just the way he plays, but health is a valuable attribute like length or height. Take Kyrie - elite skills, terrible health. That was the big knock on Steph before GSW worked magic on his core and leg strength to take the load off his ankles

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I hear Luc Ridnour is available to trade for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.