1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

But why pay for a huge insurance policy if there's no precedent of him having major, career-threatening surgery? That's wasted money.

2. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Doc was one step ahead of everyone leading up to the Dwight decision(when cyberx was not sure) ...even shortly afterwards that DWH may change his mind again but later clarified, Doc tweeted before the rumor became news(DWH changes his mind) and clarified(No, he's not) before the official clarification news.

Yes, I'm one of those addicted fans reading every single post or tweet those days...

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No I think the insurance policies only protects them against the amount they would pay LMA in case of injury. LMA would get 100% of what is owed under a modern pro sports contract from day 1 of signing it even if he never stepped foot on the court due to injury.

But I bet the Rockets, if they signed him, would take a massive insurance policy out on his contract anyways. The guy had a fairly major heart condition, and at his age, its needed. This is the team that was paying Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming max deals mind you.

-There isn't really a great LEGAL way to funnel potential earnings to a player outside of his team contract that wouldn't get the team in massive trouble. One interesting situation will be to see what type of business ventures Mark Cuban sets Dirk Nowitzki up with after he retires. There is evidence other teams like the Rockets were formally offering Dirk 18 mil + and he took a contract paying him 10 mil a year less than that. If Cuban pays him some un-godly amount to basically do a fake job after he retires, I wouldn't be shocked if the NBA and the players union at least investigated. It alters the market and the CBA structure when max players take pay cuts, and hurts league economics. There is a good reason why you are forbid to seek alternative ways of putting cash in your players pocket outside of the team contract.

#39983 dobro1229, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  4. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

No cybrex was doing the same thing he is doing now. Saying lakers feel thy have it blah blah

Doc was the only one that kept sayin dwight was coming despite what the media was saying about changing his mind

I had multiple dms from him as well

He also said we were trying to get josh smith way back then as well and that was just revealed recently

So get out of here with your misinformation

5. megastahr

He also called dekker
    And I amassuming he was right about Christmas but wasn't expecting Harrell to be there he was suppose to go in the early 20s

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

You realize that a lot of smoke and mirrors are at play by a lot of teams until the actual deadline arrives? Cyberx is probably relaying what he heard and you know he's connected (didn't he call Brewer a month before while we were arguing about Rondo vs. Rubio? Thank goodness that never went down). If Doc is right I'll be ecstatic (and a bit concerned about our holes at SF and PG) but I'm not holding my breath this year after getting my hopes up for Bosh last year. Just gonna see how it plays out and be happy either way because as long as we have Harden we have hope!

7. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

8. megastahr

No I 100% agree
    Cybrex is proven and I love hearing what he says

I am just certain it's hot air from who is telling him this stuff like over confedence from his la source

Definitely feel it's as good info as you can get like over hearing a phone call from Morey

I just think his source is wrong lol

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Mis-information?? You seriously want to go that route?

I'm not trying to dispel your beloved insider and say one is better than the other, one is the true messiah, etc. All I'm saying is that supposed "insiders" make gambles and say X is going to happen from day 1 when of course there is no way to tell 100% that X will happen in a human business decision.

Cyberx changes direction all the time (IE Sergio Llull is "penciled in", then a few weeks later he's in love with Real Madrid, etc.), but that is probably more in line with true human behavior.

So I'm not trying to say who is the "Messiah Insider" but what I am saying is that "Insiders" that claim to know exactly what is going to happen in a human decision that is months away I tend to think are just gambling IE Chris Sheridan style to get rep. Everyone wants what Woj and even Stein have. You can't compete with that so why try? Sometimes you win gambling, and Doc, if he is gambling, wins quite often. Cyberx hedges his bets, and is often out there saying things change all the time. All I'm saying is that would seem to be more consistent with human behavior. Even though for all we know he could be full of s#$% and Doc could be Morey himself.

Mis-information.... please tell me where I'm out of line expressing my thoughts on this matter?

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I think a lot of LA sources are blowing hot air haha. BSPN and all the LA shills are going nuts. I have a pretty cush day job but I'd love to be a part of all this madness - it's about the only thing that is keeping me awake!

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He said it, not me.

He'll have to be in SA about half the year for sure. That's where "home" will be. When does training camp start? September? When will the playoffs end if they go deep in the playoffs? June. That's 9 freakin months.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, your Ramona Shelburnes should have fun until they realize the Lakers won't turn over their entire roster and whatever else (THIS year's lotto pick, LAST year's lotto pick, Swaggy, all firstborn children in the Buss family) for DMC. No DMC? No LMA.

Kevin Love wouldn't be a bad get, but for Laker-Land, "we're getting everybody!" Until they don't.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

While I agree in principle I also believe PM is in line to make major bank, himself.

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Houston is a 45 minute flight away, just saying!

But yeah SA seems like a no brainer for all parties.

Plus - we can't do a sign and trade unless we sign him for 3 years, which he probably won't want with the new cap deal. We can probably only do a short term thing and hope he and Dwight stay true.

I am skeptical but hopeful that things will work out!

I'm addicted to the offseason - after game 4 of the Finals I had basically tuned out actual basketball to get primed for this madness :D

15. LandryMegaBeast

just here to be on the 2000th page

16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Dat 2000 page post doe.

17. htownballa1622

2000! I made it!

What up Cyber?! Anything new?

18. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Can the YoYo find where they are meeting him and take pictures again like he did with Dwight?

Paging the YoYo!

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

2000 pages! Is that a record?

LA has no real plan other than "everyone wants to come here." Some of my LA friends, very intelligent, turn into Neanderthals when the Lakers come up. Basically their only argument is we have the titles and we get the stars because history, without realizing the league changed while they were blinded by the glitz. I'll give Kobe props for his last title run but he might be the most overrated superstar in the past two decades.

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.