1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game] Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mickey_angelo, Mar 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

The batmobile is fine, you just need a little practice.

Game is amazing, some of the Riddler challenges are hard as ****.

2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

My problem with the Batmobile is at times in the game it feels like the main character. The Bathook + gliding is the best part of the game for me - and I hate when I don't have a choice in traveling that way. I do like a lot of the Batmobile action in the game, but when you're forced to use it, it seems more like a game on rails than an open-world game. Oh, and for those having trouble using the Batmobile, the power-slide is your friend (x on XBONE).

With that said, I'm 50% through the main story and still loving it. I'm trying to focus a lot on the side missions now... and holy crap are there a lot of them. I just wrapped up the side missions with Two Face, and was surprised that there were only three. I won't go into what they are for those involved, but let's just say how you take him down isn't really difficult.

I also looked up how many collection items there are, and between the Riddler Trophies and the breakable objects - there are hundreds. It is going to take a long while to get 100%. However, once you finish the main story and clear the streets I imagine tracking all of that stuff down will go much faster.

3. 713

713 Member

Anybody watching Chris Smoove play this?

1 person likes this.
  4. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

When I play games this massive I tend to get bogged down by trying to do all the side missions at once. How much of the main storyline should I do before making a concerted effort to do side missions?

5. Svpernaut

I got about 25% in before worrying about side missions outside of Riddlers. I plowed through about half of the Riddler missions at the same time. Now, I tend to just go to whichever mission is closest. I'll do 5-6 side missions, then hop on a main story quest. Rinse, repeat.

I like the side missions too because they can take a few minutes, where it seems like the main story quests can take an hour or so each.

6. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

Okay, I'll take that approach. When you say Riddler's side missions, you mean just picking up trophies or actually engaging in his larger side missions?

7. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

There's a larger side mission in addition to the trophies and riddles.

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

The Batmobile is Jar Jar Binks.

The fact that they have you driving up and on buildings is beyond stupid. How this stuff got through the first development meeting is beyong me. All faith in Rocksteady has been destroyed.

9. Svpernaut

The Riddler has 10-12 missions.

Nine of them are to obtain keys to help remove the explosive collar from around Catwoman's neck.

You do realize that it is a game, based on a comic book character... right? Do you think that he really can fly/glide using a grappling hook as his momentum? There are so many outlandish things in the universe, driving the Batmobile up a wall with the use of a grappling hook isn't even near the top of the list of outlandish.

My only problem with the Batmobile is that it is required for a good chunk of the game, so it makes it less open world. The Batmobile and it's mechanics and usage in the game is pretty awesome otherwise.

That is literally my only complaint about the game, and I have probably about 20 hours into it, if not more.

10. Baba Booey

This is such a ridiculous response. Just because parts of the game are outlandish doesn't mean that every outlandish thing should just be accepted as great. Flying around as Batman is great fun. Driving cars up and on buildings is STUPID. Do you not see a difference? We are playing games for fun. Stupid is rarely fun.

I don't care what game or universe you are in...driving cars up and on buildings is r****ded. It's just terrible game design from every point of view. If we weren't required to be in there doing that crap, I wouldn't be complaining about it...

11. Svpernaut

I believe where I come from, we call that an opinion. I actually thought the sequence was pretty cool.

I've played 20+ hours, and driven cars up a building a total of one time. Where is this driving all over buildings you're talking about?

Call me crazy, but when I play a comic book themed game - I can suspend belief. What really irks me though is the fact that they can do DNA analysis in a few minutes and the entire game takes place in just one night... or you know, where they get the budget for 500+ tanks to roam the city... or how his detective mode could never really exist today. :rolleyes:

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Yeah, in the 13 hours I've played I've only had to drive up a building once as well. And that was pretty early in the main story. If it were happening a bunch, I would say that Baba Booey has a legitimate gripe. But that's not the case.

13. Baba Booey

I am still at the beginning of the game.

Suspending disbelief has nothing to do with game mechanics that a player finds unfun. That's my opinion and it ain't going to change. The Batmobile has left nothing but a foul taste in my mouth.

I don't know how else to put it. I bought Batman for the melee action, and the devs decided to crowbar in an unnecessary vehicle. It was a dreadful decision, IN MY OPINION.

14. mario_v

mario_v Member

Just encountered Man-Bat for the first time. Scared the **** out of me.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah me too LOL

Trying to chase his ass down was kind of fun though.

16. Svpernaut

Ditto, and I'm not easily frightened... but I encountered him at like 2:00AM on Saturday morning and nearly **** myself.

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Man eff that first time you encounter Man Bat. Had the volume way high smdh

18. delta69er

delta69er Member

Is it worth paying full price?

19. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

It definitely is man! Please don't let the Batmobile and perceived abundance of usage derail you from getting this game. It is amazing and the story is enthralling.

and yes Man Bat scared the ish out of me! That really made me feel immersed in the game. Buy it for real!

20. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Thanks for the spoiler