1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets making Terrence Jones, 18th pick available in trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 25, 2015.

1. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

I move DMo for nobody available right now.

Morey doesn't either.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Then we could easily just cut Dorsey (he's guaranteed but I don't see who's going to trade for him) and keep Papanikolaou instead. Basically same scenario though, and we can always deal Jones or Motie at the trade deadline, we don't have to force them out before the season starts.

But it is possible to keep Smith actually, if he takes the early bird rights deal for 2.5 million, then a trade would probably be necessary due a major log jam in the front court (likely Jones being odd man out). But that's only IF, Smith accepts the 2.5 mill offer.

If that scenario where to play out, we simply could cut Dorsey and Prigs, then trade Jones for a future pick or euro rights.

PG: Beverley / Llull
    SG: Harden / Terry / Johnson
    SF: Ariza / Brewer / Papa
    PF: Motie / Smith
    C : Howard / Capela / Scola

D-League: Dekker, Harrell

So right now, those 2 scenario's is how I see our off season playing off potentially. I'm doubtful of any huge Aldridge/Love thing happening or Lowry/Lawson trade.

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

No way can Morey go into the season like this, This still puts so much pressure on Harden to create for everybody and i doubt Llull comes over to sit behind beverley after just winning a title

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Who says Llull won't be a starter?

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why would Llull, a rookie get an automatic start over Beverley? Maybe 20 games into the season once Llull has the hang of things can Llull get the opportunity to earn the starting position.

Secondly, there's no guarantee we pull off a big trade or free agency signing, Morey being able to keep all of our free agents and bring over Llull will be a successful off season within its self.

1 person likes this.
  6. omgTHEpotential

Not even Porzingis?

7. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Jones, Dekker, Papa, Prigioni...with picks and exception, could it be enough to have a good shot at Lawson?

8. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

FINALLY...bye bye Jones

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

Small-ball with DMo? At least we have someone to guard LeBron like players or throw him against Warriors small lineup.

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Shoots a good percentage from the elbows in College.

More athletic Brandon Bass, but ceiling of Green/Faried.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not so fast... He survived another day. :grin:

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No matter what Morey says, I think it's highly unlikely Brewer is back. He is going to look for multiple guaranteed years and I just don't see him as the type of player that More would commit that to.

13. malakas

malakas Member

I personally dont think theres much of a chance Smith stays for only 2.5 per. But we will see soon. Also jones / dmo better get traded now because at the trade deadlin unless they have a contract year perfomance their value will plummet as it happens with most rfa to be.
    i think also the scenario about lowry should put to rest. Theres no way uijiri trades him now and if he does he will ask for the moon and the stars. Also Llull/ bev is not enough pg depth considering how often bev gets hurt. We need another guard.

14. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Why would you release Papa or Prigs or renounce Smith and McDaniels? And we have no BAE, so either Harrell comes on a non guaranteed or he fits into some of the MLE or cap room.

Way, way off with the cap situation and likely scenarios.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Clutch and media have only said positive things about Smith returning for 2.5 mill, but we will see as i'm not banking on it either. The thing is though, If Smith doesn't re-sign how could we afford to loose either Motie or Jones?

I don't see how we can afford to loose Brewer, we have basically no backup for our wing positions. Sure we have Papa, Terry, Dekker, Johnson, but that's a bunch of nothing. Papa, Johnson couldn't crack the rotation, Terry is another year older, and Dekker is a rookie who we can't bank on. We'd be taking a big hit by loosing Brewer, I don't see us not matching unless he gets offered something ridiculous, we'll see.

Thanks for informing me about the BAE, i'm not to savvy about the exceptions.

Also, say Llull comes over, full MLE is used, Smith won't accept 2.5 mill, KJ won't sign for min, where does that put us besides renouncing them? Then with Papa and Prigs, their non guaranteed contracts and not big contributes, there's only 15 roster spots. I could see us cutting Dorsey to keep Papa's contract, but I don't see much reason to keep Prigs around if it takes away a roster position from better vets like Terry or Scola.

16. OpenLayup-Why3?

Just red this story on reddit:

I went to middle school all 3 years with Terrance Jones. He was a complete bully to the kids that were unpopular. I specifically remember this time he ripped on this handicap kid that had a limp wrist in front of the whole class. I wasn't surprised when he stomped that homeless guy in downtown portland...

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Typical enforcer... would have preferred it on the court

18. JazzLakerHater

19. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

I'm guessing he'll try to find a cheaper alternative. The Rockets front office should be very aware how limited Brewer is on both ends. They won't be able to replace his transition game, but they can find a better shooter and defender in free agency.

20. Airdough

Airdough Member

He's a poor mans elden campbell in that he has turned into a guy who has small bursts of looking like he could be an all star followed by consistently playing like the dumbest man alive.