1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Melo will consider Rockets, Bulls and Mavs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 11, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

No, you let him sleep in his bed.

Rockets were his 4th or 5th choice at best anyways.

1 person likes this.
  2. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Exactly. He chased the money, and now he has to pay for it. He should have pulled a LeBron and signed multiple one year deals to control the organization.

3. Raven

Raven Member

I don't think he leaves the East unless it's to LA, and I seriously doubt he wants to be second fiddle to Harden.

4. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Going to have a nice paycheck.. but messed up not moving to Houston or Chicago.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sounds like SAS speaking on behalf of players again as if he's the voice of the almighty.

Seriously... what would Carmelo expect? Was there some great offer out there for 2 superstars in their prime that was being offered that Phil passed on?

Its the freaking draft. You draft talent. You don't draft ready made superstars like Knicks fans, SAS, and Melo want. It just shows how idiotic fans like SAS are, and how dumb the Knicks are for paying Phil Jackson 60+ million dollars basically to call in draft picks.

I thought the Knicks actually had a great draft to get Kris & Grant where they did.

But yes, they absolutely should trade Melo, and I don't blame either Phil or Melo for resigning there last Summer. Melo got to get the most money, and Phil got to retain an asset they could trade later.

It is what it is. Somebody will trade for Melo. Its just that it wont be the Rockets most likely. If the Lakers miss out on Love/LMA they are a possibility. Maybe Dallas is able to move Parsons and get Melo. I dunno but he's a good player. Someone will trade for him.

6. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Rockets loose time waiting for him, and Lowry finally resign in Toronto.
    :mad:

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Knicks have made move after move trying to win now, and that's why they suck. Porzingis was a good call because he represents the Knicks trying to be forward thinking for a change. Even if he doesn't pan out, at least they're rationally thinking, which is something that can't be said for the Knicks lately.

Melo shouldn't have resigned if he wanted to win now. At least he's got his money.

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Melo.... We would welcome you with open arms.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much.

This was a good pick by the Knicks. Sure it was a risk, but that's what relying on the draft is. Karl Towns could bust out and this guy whose name I won't try to spell could become a perennial all-star. They both could bust or both become great. You never know...

But they could have done the bad thing yesterday. They could have traded this pick for Bledsoe or Lawson or some other win-now move which probably makes them a Eastern playoff team and nothing more.

10. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

No we will not. He is a money hungry lime light seeker.

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

My thoughts too. Not sure he'd be ok with not being the first option anyway. Do not want. Guy has a ton of talent, but is too selfish. Imo Carmelo could have been a much better player than he has become.

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I always felt like Melo resigned with NY for the money and would force a trade once he had the contract in place. Otherwise his whole I want to win statements are utter bull ****.

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Its funny how a team of melo, jr smith and shumpert couldnt win a game to save that utter disgrace of a franchise's life. Pair those guys with lebron and they look halfway decent. Funny how that works.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He is worth a go on expiring contracts, but seeing as how we cant make a legal trade without giving up young talent, its not realistic right now.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Melo would be great here, legitimate low post threat that can hit an open shot.

16. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

FIFY.

:grin:

17. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

So, has Melo ever had played with another Superstar?

No one can predict how he would turn out.

When I say superstar... I don't mean a washed up AI coached by Karl.

I personally think he would buy in.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'd rather watch Dwight post up for 48 mins a game than have Carmelo on this team.

19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure some... If not most would welcome him.

Good to know you wouldn't.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It's not always about the most talent. Melo would not fit on this team. There are just not enough basketballs. Ariza is a better fit both chemistry wise and defensive talent. Melo is a primadonna who shuts it down when he doesn't get his way. It's not his team and he is not Lebron who can singlehandedly carry his team to the playoffs. He hasn't done anything in the playoffs. Just a prolific scorer who makes no one better around him.