1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Maybe, but I don't think so anymore.

Before this season, then I could see it happening because Dwight was trying to fit into everyone's expectations of him as a dominant post-up big man but after his injury and what he showed in the playoffs, I think Dwight is more concerned about winning than ever before.

When he came back from injury and in the playoffs, he stayed true to his word of being primarily focused on pick and rolls and being a defensive monster. I think he will realize that if we can add LMA/Love or any other player that is more capable than him on offense then he should take a back seat.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I hope by tonight Ty Lawson is wearing a Rox uni

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Unlikely. They'll have to get his measurements first then send the info to the team seamstress, and we all know you can't rush her.

4. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

I think Dwight would be ecstatic to have an additional star on the team like Aldridge or Love. He has already shown that's he's perfectly fine focusing on defense and rebounding when he needs to. I really think hejust wants to win now.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

anyone who follows the rockets close enough should know this by now. so comments about Dwight for some reason complaining about shots is untrue. he adjusts for the betterment of the team. that won't change.

6. BeardlyBeardman

Phil Jackson desperately needs to trade down. How about a package of our picks and T-Jones (would be great in the triangle) & Pappa (expiring deal) to move up to 4 ????

7. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

So many options. I'm like a kid in a toy shop.

Draft Night Options: Lawson? Lowry? Tyus Jones?

Free Agency Options: Llull? Aldridge? Love?

8. basketballholic

You have to have a player like Ariza to win a championship. No doubt about it. Gotta have that one guy on the perimeter that can lock down on the opponents best perimeter player.

But he's replaceable. And his salary is really an impediment to what we need to do (I've been saying this since last summer when we signed him). And defensive guys that can lock down opponents are cheaper to come by than premier top-notch offensive players.

The Sam Dekker rumors have legs big time. And that's one possible replacement for Ariza. I think Morey is going to try to get both Tyus Jones and Dekker while agreeing to a trade for Ariza to be executed after the deadline that can be filled out to either accomodate a sign-and-trade or to clear cap for an outright signing. If we've got a good replacement for Ariza and we've got a good PG in play (Jones), then we have the option of generating either a sign-and-trade or dip under the cap and sign the guy outright while still keeping DMo, Capela, Bev, McDaniels, plus our picks, Dwight, and Harden...and using the Room MLE for Smith after we sign our max free agent. That is if Smith wants to stick around.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Their biggest challenges will be the cap holds they have on Duncan, Ginobili, and Kawhi.

Like with Parsons last year, Kawhi could be an issue in free agency if he gets an offer too early that bumps up his cap hold immediately.

With Duncan and Manu, I think they will play along and sign for less, but we will see.

Even with Splitter they could theoretically create well over 20 mil in cap space its just about managing those cap holds, and working deals with Manu & Tim under the remainder of their cap space after the major signing.... oh and getting Kawhi to play along and hold off offers while they work other signings first... probably the biggest challenge they face which is why they probably want to trade Splitter first in order to have the security of being able to retain Manu & Timmy with cap space if Kawhi gets an early offer that ties up cap space so they can still get LMA/Gasol and then later have that additional cap space to resign Manu/Timmy with that 9 mil or whatever they have available.

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

And with the 4th pick of the 2015 NBA Draft, BeardlyBeardman selects ...

11. malakas

malakas Member

Will jones be traded regardless if we can land love or lma? And to where?

12. Convictedstupid

I think the writing is on the wall for Jones. I think he is gone regardless if another PF comes in.

13. malakas

malakas Member

He wants to trade down but not that down. And the rockets dont have the assets to get the 4# pick unless they trade howard.

14. BeardlyBeardman

a trade for Kyle Lowry. :grin:

15. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I'm thinking we get Budinger value for T Jones.

Bud to Minny for #18. So maybe a pick between #15-#25

16. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Hi, I'm with the NSA and we have Mr. Moreys phones tapped and what he is working on is so far from anything you guys propose that it is mind boggling. Can't give any clues due to national security concerns.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wherever the Rockets can get a higher pick. And I don't mean just a couple of spots up. Gonna be hard, to get it done.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Heh...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brandon Jennings says J Harden will be the 3rd best SG of all-time if he gets a ring. Agree? <a href="http://t.co/121a8Ms7jy">http://t.co/121a8Ms7jy</a> <a href="http://t.co/HyOW85BHyu">pic.twitter.com/HyOW85BHyu</a></p>&mdash; Ballislife.com (@Ballislife) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/614064263393579008">June 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He deleted it soon after

19. malakas

malakas Member

At least the fact that the pick is seriously and blatantly being shopped hours before the draft means that all the crap about the promise to tyus jones was lies/smokescreen.

20. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Oklahoma City, Houston and Boston appear to be the most aggressive teams trying to trade up right now. Atlanta also sniffing around I'm told</p>&mdash; Jonathan Givony (@DraftExpress) <a href="https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/614083856862461952">June 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.