1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kristaps Porzingis

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets2012, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

On the spectrum of "dominant player" to "bust" I would have him closer to bust.

2. omgTHEpotential

Sorry to disappoint you but he's not going to be a bust. The skills he has and the physical tools already puts his floor way above the likes of Darko Milicic and the others. The question is whether he's going to be only an average NBA player (his floor) or a star.

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

Or foul prone who ends up bust because couldn't stay on the floor.

4. omgTHEpotential

Now you're just spouting non-sense. You can literally make sh like this up for any prospect in the draft. Yeah, Porzingis needs to get stronger, and he will. I just hope they do that gradually instead of forcing him to bulk up quickly. The guy has both offensive and defensive potentials to become a solid (or even a star) two-way player.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

I thought I just add another possibility to your non-sense. Average player or a star? Tell me more...

6. omgTHEpotential

I like how these online boards are full of expert self-proclaimed "scouts" who think they know better than actual NBA execs & scouts.

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

Every single player may turn out a bust and you proclaiming that this skinny euro, foul prone in Europe would definately turn out a star or at least average player (what does that even mean?) in NBA is non-sense in all regards.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

To clarify: he's more likely to be a bust than a star, IMO. Wasn't disparaging the guy.

When it comes to euro players I just support whatever ironariza says. So if he likes Kristaps then I'm sold.

9. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

10. ironariza

ironariza Member

No matter how you feel about Porzingis the prospect, it’s clear that he’s played the pre-draft process about as well as you can for a kid with the weight of a million busts on his shoulders. He’s done so by tapping into a time-tested formula to driving this kind of hype.

11. ironariza

ironariza Member

1 person likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More on Portland: From multiple league sources, Blazers have internally discussed options to acquire Kristaps Porzinigs since his ASM proday</p>&mdash; Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/614087444707868672">June 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

How? Only way I see it happening is a S&T with Aldridge or dumping Lillard for the pick

14. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

LOL.

Best case scenario for the Knicks is that this clip wouldn't make sense to people 10 years from now.

15. Buck Turgidson

Sounds like something I'd order at a Mediterranean deli...I'll have the porzingis, and a side of kristaps.

To go.

16. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Kid is going to be a star and all these whiney Knicks fans can crawl back into their caves.

He WILL be better than Melo. Mark my words. :cool:

17. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

I watched full game videos of him playing, and what I found most amazing is that there were times he would run past multiple screens set by his teammates to catch and shoot. I never seen a 7 footer do that before. If he lives up to his potential, then the Knicks have something special. We all know Mello isn't.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Can he finger roll the basketball into the net?

19. nobie

nobie Member

This is what annoys me, he is very mobile for 7'1, and given his size and athleticism he can hold his own against any PF in the league defensively, yet these Knicks fans are already yelling that he needs to put on major weight, i mean do they understand what they are talking? Porzings game is based around him being mobile, he plays like SF offensively. He will naturally grow weight as he gets older. Do they want him to get ruined same way Bargnani was?
    Anyone remember how Bargnani was before his extra weight? He was similar as Porzings albeit way less atheltic but he had SF skills.

20. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Those "Knicks fans" were dip**** trust-funders from the suburbs who came in to be on the show and had cameras right in front of them and were expected to "boo." It's all become a very bad farce and was unfair to Porzingis, who more than any other draftee had been saying very nice things about the Knicks. Being a foreigner, he may have taken it a bit more personally than an American kid who would have been wise to it all. I've been clear for the last month that Porzingis is a sensational talent who, along with Hezonja, was the 4th-5th best prospect in this draft. In fact, I like what Sactown did as well, so I guess the top 6 picks were all spot-on.