1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He was never a "choir boy"... and just because he wasn't vocal in interviews, doesn't mean he refrained from voicing concerns over his contract and sometimes rubbed people the wrong way with his antics.

2. MystikArkitect

Kinda thought that when Obrien threw out all of the "individual awards" and made the locker room more team-centric it put Andre off. Kinda selfish of him honestly. Seems like he cared more about everyone knowing his legacy as a Texan than actual winning.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The Texans are 0-14 at Indy over the last 14 years right? I would be hilarious if this was the year the Texans actually broke that streak with AJ now on their team.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even more so if it was an Andre Johnson fumble that set up the win for the Texans.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

They're overrated yet you only refute them with last year's SB participants.

Colts will be a Top 2 AFC favorite and rightfully so. They played in the conference championship game and likely improved their squad since then.

Luck isn't overrated. He's easily a top 5 QB. It's foolish to suggest otherwise

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They'll be a favorite, but that's evidence as to how overrated they are. They probably win the division, but they are a deeply flawed team and I wouldn't be shocked if they lost their very first playoff game if they manage to get a bye.

7. Indaface

Indaface Member

This might be a completely out of left field wrong "hot take", but I feel like if part of Dre's hurt has to do with seeing how incredibly loved JJ Watt is around the city.

Dre was "the franchise" before Watt and although he was beloved, Watt's attention/love/endorsements are waaaay beyond anything Dre got.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think there's something to that, actually. Andre had been "Mr Texan" since the day he was drafted, but that all changed forever once JJ intercepted that pass in the playoffs.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If Andre puts together 2-3 good years with the Colts and grabs a ring, he'll be their Clyde Drexler.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Eh....maybe if you were talking about the Dolphins instead of the colts. Or if Andre went to Notre Dame instead of Miami.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Or if Andre ends up being a really horrible color commentator for the local Colts broadcast.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man you guys overreact much around these parts. You Allow Your feelings to sway your opinion too much. I'm a diehard fan as well but I'm not going to down play what Andre did here in Houston because he what happened in his last 2 seasons here. Have you ever been on a job you started off loving and enjoying what you did. But after being there for so many years you grew to become disgruntled and tired of working there. You get offered another job with another company and ended up feeling refreshed and reformed full of energy . Bobbythegreat that's the same thing here brother. Andre is revived and feeling great about his chance of reaching his ultimate goal. I hope our Texans throw a block party to his dreams but I wouldn't be mad if he do finally win a Super Bowl with the Colts.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No no and heck no. That man just wanted to win and that's all. He was not Butt hurt because of JJ Watts popularity growing larger than the State of Texas itself. Lol come on man

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

FIFY

You wouldn't be shocked if they re-made the CC and advanced to the SuperBowl either...... unless your feelings have clowded your opinion.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would actually be pretty surprised if they made it to the Super Bowl, they don't have much of a defense to speak of and they still have a weak O line protecting Luck. They'll win their share of games despite their flaws, but I don't think they are built to win playoff games.

They are an Andrew Luck injury away from being one of the worst teams in the AFC.

16. Remii

Remii Member

A team that's winning games and making the playoffs every year is not overrated... The overrated term is an appropriate debate for teams that people think will make the playoffs who hover around .500 and don't make the playoffs regularly.

And New England lost their defensive secondary and can't cheat anymore, and Manning looks old with a brand new head coach who many in Houston thinks sucks... There's not even a debate here.

If someone feels like a scorned lover the venom in their blood will always burn... And if AJ would have went to Miami ---> this would actually be a AJ Appreciation thread instead of a Byt#h About AJ thread. People may only be complaining because he went to Indy.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

My boy Remii it's been a hot minute. I agree with both of your stances. But Ole Bobbythegreat is different. Even if AJ did go to Miami, dude still would be cutting him up. He stands firmly on his stance ask T. Jones. Hahaha

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, Dre and T.Jones......a prima donna has been and a never was.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This thread in this forum is so facking annoying. Seriously, as soon as I see the title from the front page, I 'x' clutchfans tab.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It should have been closed long ago honestly. Andre Johnson news isn't related to the Texans anymore and shouldn't be in this forum.