1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Bump...

So just got my first game - NBA2K15.

Put in the disc, see there's a download required for it. It's just a few gigs. So I download the update and then nothing else happens. So, ok, I guess I can play the game. But when I try to play the game I can only play a ****ing demo of SAS/MIA. I can't do anything else. Dafuq.

So I figure there's more to download. I go back to the PS4 main menu and go to Notifications > Downloads to see if there's something else... but... no. There's nothing. Wtf. What in the ****. I can't even play the game and the download that's apparently supposed to happen isn't happening.

Why? And how do I force it through?

Please help me CF. I'm getting unreasonably pissed off about this. I've been messing with it for over an hour and can't get it to work.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You literally have to play the whole game to advance to the actual menu.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I fixed the issue myself.

Step 1: Whine about it on the internet
    Step 2: Whine about it to your wife
    Step 3: Angrily eat Cap'n Crunch (with Berries)
    Step 4: Try it again... and boom, for no ****ing reason at all, it works this time.

4. MFG16

MFG16 Member

I had the same problem with MLB 15 the show. The demo that comes on at the beginning of the game is made to give you something to do while the game fully downloads and installs. You do not have to play the whole game but if you do and still nothing then an error occurred in the download process. The notifications page doesn't fully give you the full download rate and if you click options over the game from the main menu you can bring up how much longer it needs to download. To fix the show I had to delete it and re-install it fully before playing.

You can already play 2k but for future reference I hope this helps.

5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

I had the same issue, turns out it was still downloading.

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Just started the Witcher 3. First time really playing a Witcher game. Quality is just oozing out of this game and the graphics are top notch. Only issue is it usually takes a second press of the X button for context sensitive stuff. Loving it so far tho. I like quest heavy games

7. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Anyone else picking up Ultra Street Fighter 4? Wasn't planning to, since I already owned two copies on PS3, but it only cost me about $15 since I had credit sitting in my account for awhile.

8. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

I really want to like it, but so far the movement and combat annoy the crap out of me. With movement there is nothing between slow walk and jogging... very frustrating since it makes just moving around the world a chore (especially picking up items and interacting with NPCs). As for the combat -- I love deep and difficult combat like Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Monster Hunter, but to me the combat in this game doesn't seem all that well-designed, plus there are control issues (in particular, switching lock-on targets is extremely unreliable... oftentimes it just doesn't work when you need it to). I put it on the hardest difficulty because I like hard games and tried to fight tactically, but sadly I find myself doing better just mashing the attack button than actually taking my time with it.

Maybe I'll feel differently if/when I put more time into it. But right now I ain't feelin' it, which is too bad, because this is usually the sort of game I like.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The suspend/resume feature that they added a couple of months ago is so useful. I don't know how I lived without it before.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I know it's on other consoles and it's been out but I just came around... Shovel Knight goes surprisingly hard.

11. chow_yun_fat

I want to buy the escapists, but it's $20 for a indie game. When it's $10 I'll jump.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I know it's unrelated, but since we're talking here -- I have Arkham Knight preordered. Can't wait.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I don't know why I keep forgettingthat comes out in two weeks. Probably cuz I've been enjoying the Witcher. I'm excited to see what we get out of E3

And has anyone checked out the video for the remake of Ratchet and Clank on PS4. It looks beautiful and approaching Pixar level of quality. And for $40 I'll bit on getting it since I'll get that GCU discount anyway. I'll post the trailer for it when I get home so yall can check it out.

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Wish this was coming out this year
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iU3sU2WMcPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

**Request for a game recommendation**

So I like an action (third-person) RPG with fantasy aspects to it. On my old 360 I played Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning a dozen times. On my XBox I played Fable 1 and 2 a dozen times. I just love that crap. Where you can create a character and build them up, build up their whole world, and choose what type of person/fighter they would be - and, most importantly, where the fighting is actually fun. Being a badass in one of those games and taking on a dozen baddies was just really fun. I get very little out of games where the fighting/killing isn't very fun. (FWIW, I did not like Skyrim at all.)

So, any recommendations? It doesn't have to be brand new, in fact I prefer that it's not brand new because I'd rather spend $20 on a used game than buy a new one for $60.

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Did you ever play Darksiders? The Definitive edition of Darksiders 2 is coming out(this fall?) and it might be what you're looking for. Lots of action with RPG elements. Think Zelda but you're playing as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

17. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

18. chow_yun_fat

Does anyone play MLB 14 or MLB 15? Everytime I hit the ball, it's always a high hit and the fielders always catch it. Seldom I'll get a low hit and it'll go straight to the in fielders and they'll throw me out at first.

Basically, how the eff do you get consistent hits in this game that gets you on base?? From my noobs view of playing, there's only three buttons you can click on to hit the ball and that's it?>

19. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Does anyone happen to have an extra beta code for Black Ops 3?? Please PM me. Thank you!

20. YourSecretLover

check your profile. I left a code in there.