1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spanish Radio] Sergio Llull close to deciding to join the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Llull put up very mediocre numbers in the Euroleague. He can penetrate and playmake but doesn't do much else very well. He can play the 1 or the 2. Commentators remark that his style of play and combo status would conflict with Harden.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

I can't imagine a more complimentary style to Harden than Llull. Based on a tweet from a few years ago, Morey himself believes Llull is a great fit.

3. Egemen

Egemen Member

Have you ever watch Euroleague?

Andrew Goudelock is SG, nowhere near the PG.
    V-Span is better player than Rodriguez but if you look for pure PG Rodriguez is your guy not V-Span.
    İf you think Zisis and Jackson are better than Rodriguez, you don't know anything about Euroleague.
    Llull is top PG in the Euroleague but S-Rod is better than him.(slow margin)

Let me repeat what i say.

In EUROPE gamestyle, Rodriguez is better than Llull. Rodriguez is better passer than Llull. And other things you said about Rodriguez completely false. Being a starter in Europe isn't the same as being the starter in the Nba. Europe teams generally has a deeper rotations comparing to the Nba teams and since the game's dynamics is much more different in Europe, Europe teams can start their best players in the bench.

If you watch Madrid closely this year(you clearly didn't),you see that Rodriguez is floor general in the offense and one of the leader of Madrid.(Rodriguez,Rudy,Llull) Also Rodriguez was fantastic in Final4. He had a vital role in that team.

As a said earlier, i pick Llull over Rodriguez for us too. Because Llull's gamestyle is more suitable and he will be better partner for Harden.
    But i didn't change the fact. Rodriguez is better than Llull. It's all about get in to the Nba style and Llull has a advantage in that matter.

4. anchel

anchel Member

Egemen, I don't understand your perseverance at trying to establish Rodriguez's level above Llull's at european basketball. It looks at the least like a presumptuous statement. His own coach disagrees with you, cause not only Llull is his starting PG, but the one who in the end plays more minutes and always finishes the games (either as PG either as SG next to Rodriguez -depending on how well Rodriguez has played along the game).

You can talk to Real Madrid fans. They'll recognize you that Rodriguez is a vital part of their team offense but will give Llull a same or higher amount of global importance/impact on their team.

And by the way, stats from the Euroleague F4, since you named it: Rodriguez 12 points, 5.5 assists. Llull 12 points, 6.5 assists (and that's suffering foul trouble at the finals game).

PS: You're speaking with a big time fan of Spanish chocolate here. I follow him since he was 12-13 cause I personally played against him at that age, so that's when I discovered him. He's always been too cool to watch, since he was a kid he used to do some passes and moves that you wouldn't see at proffesional basketball games. Big fan of him here, but the dude has also his weaknesses and limitations. He had a tremendous Euroleague last year, being the MVP averaging only 22 minutes per game, but Llull was also very important, and deserves same amount of recognition if not more for this year's team success.

1 person likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What did Rodriguez do that is makes him so ineligible for the NBA?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What did Rodriguez do that makes him so ineligible for the NBA?

7. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

After the much anticipated Papalinkousnous? and seeing how dominant he was last year, I can't wait for another Europlayer...YAY

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Some of you really can't evaluate a player on any level. It was always clear that K-Pap had a lack of athleticism that would hurt him in the NBA, it was known he's dependent on ball-iq, effort and his shot. He really struggled with his shot last season, so we have to wait and see how he improves in that regard. I think everybody could see that he'd be a decent rotation player if his shot falls at a good rate.

If you ever expected him to be a starter or saviour, you obviously didn't know anything about him and never watched him.

Now back to the point, what's up with this idiotic thinking many people here have? "One Euro player didn't deliver the way we expected=every Euro player sucks".

Llull and him have completely different games and physical tools, where K-Pap failed because of athleticism, everyone can see that Llull has NBA-level athleticism and a great skillset that translate to this league very well.

I guarantee it, if Llull would be a black guy from the USA that had this exactly Dame season in Europe, he'd be claimed to be all-star potential in this league. The negativity when judging Euro players is sickening, it's incredible how arrogant many US fans are.

2 people like this.
  9. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Great all around points until the ad hominem attack. Let's not take one persons ignorant posts and pretend they represent a giant population.

That's intellectually dishonest and almost exactly what the poster you are criticizing just did.

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

He will make you eat your words.. Llull see!

2 people like this.
  11. miggue

miggue Member

Llull's exhibition right now in the finals against Barcelona.

12. OpenLayup-Why3?

Pap was top 10 rookie prior to injury/lost minutes. We don't have a single bad/bust Euro on this team right now.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's got to get his grip on the NBA game and he was there prior to injury. Llull is nice and all but it's an attempt to get a serious ball handler to take the pressure off Harden. I think Pap needs a couple of runs to get back to where he was prior to injury if he's still here during the early regular season to prove himself again.

14. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Update on game 2:

Sergio Llull scored 24 points (8/11 FG, 6/8 3PT, 2/2 FT):eek:, 5 assists in Real Madrid's game 2 win over Barcelona (100-80)

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Bring out the brooms!

16. Misigns

Misigns Member

15pts (5/5 3PT) in the first quarter.

[youtube]ukR4CiRHQG8[/youtube]

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I said "many", if you read threads about European players you'll definitely see a tendency. I think it isn't incorrect in any way to say that many US basketball fans only watch NBA and have a very negative image of European basketball.

Wasn't a shot at the general population or good fans, "many US fans" was just an observation.

18. Egemen

Egemen Member

Don't get me wrong. I think Llull is very very important for Madrid.I just think Rodriguez is a little better than him(for european game). It doesn't mean Rodriguez will be more succesfull than Llull in the NBA. I repeat myself again; Llull will be better than Rodriguez in NBA.

BTW, Llull was fantasic against Barcelona today.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I guess you didn't see Kpap play in the beginning of the season when his shot was falling, dude was like having Parsons off the bench who actually hustled and played D.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

By this logic, because Ty Lawson sucked in Europe, European fans can assume LeBron James would suck over there too, correct? Same logic.