1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Morey: Get me help at guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

The reports I have ready is that it is at a minimum adequate and there are some that believe it can be above average at the NBA level. I have watched a fair number of games and other than extreme match ups he showed no physical limitations defensively. Take all comments with a grain of salt as the game over there is vastly different than the game here.

2. Allegro

Allegro Member

No, the punishment is the loss of a championship. When Lin was running the offense (late December 2012 to early January 2013), we had the most potent offense in the league. We threw that away -- and you're happy about it! Winston Churchill was right about you too.

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Nate Robinson

4. malakas

malakas Member

The ones he has to defend in Europe are much slower and less athletic than the NBA. He certainly is not someone u can label "defence first" pg.
    But its fine because if he comes over he will cost only MLE money. Which can be a bargain. Or a bust. But without much risk.

5. malakas

malakas Member

yes yes. The Rox commited the terrible hybris of trading Lin and the basketball gods punished them with a "humiliating" loss in the wc finals. Forget that with Lin in the team the Rockets hadnt passed the first round.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. Allegro

Allegro Member

One more time. When Lin was making the plays (late December 2012 to early January 2013), we were easily scoring 120+ points per game against the best defenses in the league at the time (MEM and CHI), and 125 points against the defending champions (LAL). You don't want the Rockets to have the most potent offense in the league and win a championship? You prefer to be humiliated again?

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

So Llull starting w/ Bev behind him (presuming he stays) could work in theory, then? Locating a couple of full Real Madrid games is on my to do list.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Yup. I prefer not to have the best offence for two months in a regular season but reach the western conference finals.

9. Allegro

Allegro Member

It seems you're determined to misunderstand. By strangling Lin's playmaking game, the Rockets wrecked the best offense in the league. And probably lost a championship. That was utterly stupid.

10. Allegro

Allegro Member

No, what you prefer is to not win a championship, not if Lin is running your team.

11. malakas

malakas Member

More stupid is to strangle someone like Lins game or someone like Hardens game?
    If Lin was such a good pg who can lead teams to a championship then why his team this year was one of the worst and he got outplayed by a second round pick rookie?
    It must be a league wide conspiracy to strangle Lins game and not let him lead teams to championships right?

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Clippers had the best offensive rating this season. What happened to them and their championship ring? Lin humiliated the Rockets, he is a disgrace.

13. malakas

malakas Member

He can play alongside Bev and Harden. But with Harden I will be cautious of the defence. Hes not like Eliis or anything but he will be a rookie who is not used to the athleticism of the NBA and is not a superbly gifted defender in Europe anyway.
    But for the MLE ofc u get that chance if possible. The problem is he looks like he doesnt want to come over.

Btw Fener just lost their multimillion pockets Ulker. Madrid is safe for now but it can be the beggining of an influx of euros in the Nba. Esp as the Mle looks to be increased in the next years.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm convinced Allegro is just trolling everybody because it's not physically possible to be this dumb. Lin fans amaze me.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

They're baaaaack.

[​IMG]

16. malakas

malakas Member

No. What i prefer is enjoying the runner up mvps game leading the team to wins in the playoffs than watchung Lin monopolising the ball and leading to losses in the first round.

What has Churchill to say about that?

17. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

lol are we still talking about Lin in here.

18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Lol dude please. On his good days, Lin was a treat to watch and yes, ASSISTED Harden in HARDEN'S role of running the offense. However, on his bad days, and there were a lot of them, Lin was embarrassing to watch and was a total liability to us.

Inconsistency and Jeremy Lin got married a few years back and I see no reason for a divorce.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

20. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO I foolishly thought all the Koolade drinkers had been banned, left on their own or moved on to some other absurdity. Nope... 15 years from now there will still be someone just like you attempting to rewrite history.

It is simple, Jeremy Lin was and is not a good NBA player. The Rockets dumped him and made the Western Conference Finals and were arguably the second best team in the NBA. With Lin the Rockets lost in the first round.

Jeremy Lin isn't coming back and it is because the Rockets don't want him back. His own teammates lost faith in him in Houston. His inability to even dribble a basketball under pressure, coupled with a lack of any basketball IQ was enough to wear out his welcome.

Lin couldn't get fun with the last place Lakers... He isn't getting run with the Rockets. He needs to pack up his passive aggressive loser mentality and go to the Chinese Basketball League where his in ability to rotate won't matter and where his usage rate can make Kobe Bryant blush.