1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Morey: Get me help at guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Lowry Hill Collison Jack.
    Less playmaking: green and bradley.

Most of those will have to be traded for at a price enticing to their teams because unlike Lawson their teams dont want to trade them away as a priority.

2. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Lowry, Collison, George Hill (maybe)

You can't expect perfect, though. Lawson and Jennings wouldn't fully fulfill that, but would be HUGE upgrades.

3. ibm

ibm Member

is hill a fa?

4. ibm

ibm Member

of all the names i've seen you guys mention, he's the most appealing one in my mind.

i am a spurs fan, too. i like many players on their roster or "graduated" from there. patty mills,,, is he up to a starting job? what's the consensus here on him?

5. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Always on the same page. Does Jack defend, though? Maybe I'm clouded by Brooklyn being a joke, but it seems like he's really declined On both sides of the ball.

6. malakas

malakas Member

If 2/3 is good enough for the backup Calathes is a fa who can playmkae and defend. He will be able to play alongside harden and from the bench.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We did him a big favor by not playing him, when we needed him in exchange for a scrub who we then dumped. Yes he went to Chicago but thats what free agents and assets do, they get traded or go to other team. Trading him again was a slap in the face. It was also pointless.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

George Hill had a pretty good year.

9. ibm

ibm Member

dont like him. used to be a high caliber athletic guy. from what i saw in this yr's playoffs, he aint the right answer for us.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Hes a back up caliber pg. Neither his playmaking or his defence is exceptional.

Hill is under contract u til 17 i think. Indy will have to be enticed to trade him. You are looking at about the same trading price as it would take for lowry and lawson to get bird to agree to trade him.
    jack can be had for lower price because brooklyn needs picks. The ny 2nd should be more than enough. Imo.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He got a contract this year because of the trade last year. He would have gotten nothing if he played behind Lin AND Bev. He went to Denver, got playing time and showed his worth. If you think he was mistreated then I'm not sure what world you're living in, but whatever world it is it isn't rooted in reality.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Trading price =/= real value. Teams will have to be overpaid and be offered a deal more than the real value to let players they need go.

13. conquistador#11

morley wasn't kidding when he said howard and harden are the real gms of the organization.

14. malakas

malakas Member

If ariza is on the table jrue holiday can be had maybe. I wouldnt touch jennings with a 10 feet pole. Rarely players come back from achilles esp someone as depending as him on speed. If he has lost 50% of his speed he will be ...bad.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yes he was mistreated because we put him behind Jeremy Lin and gave him no playing time when we clearly could have used him. I'm living in a world where a team decides not to play a fan favorite who was playing well and was our best three point shooter on a team that mainly SHOOTS THREE'S.

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Collison would be a reasonable target if Lawson is reunited with Karl in Sacramento. He has a great contract.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You don't pay Lin $8 mil a year to put him behind Bev and AB. You try as best as you can to make him live up to that contract. As a Duck and a Rockets fan I love AB, but you can't honestly tell me he was better on D than Lin or Bev. AB also was roughly as effective at shooting as those two as well, albeit AB has a better stroke at the three. AB just wasn't going to crack in the rotation ahead of those two, deservedly so. I still cheer for AB, but if you sign Lin to that deal you do your best to resurrect Linsanity before replacing him with your second chair.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm not interested in getting into a pissing contest. What I said was the truth, we didn't give him playing time when he played well and we traded him for crap. We could have really used AB this year. It was shortsighted to trade him and I said that at the time. However I respect that you disagree.

19. basketballholic

Jarrett Jack

1. Plays D
    2. Can shoot it.
    3. Can dish it.

4. Very favorable contract that is basically all non-guaranteed save for $500,000 in 2016-17.

Jarrett Jack

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SvB7-pg0U-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TfzKk1XGrUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/01oY84ZIRPo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/45VYkwsiHTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#399 basketballholic, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yes, a b/u. But has been a good one, not so much this season. Very attainable, I read. Heck, JJ & MP/Papa & TJo? I'd consider that if I'm both teams.

Bird? Trade? Reluctant to push the button, I'd say. But with PG coming back there may be some backcourt changes there.

Lowry? Strong possibility IMO. Lawson? Low possibility IMO.