1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Morey: Get me help at guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2015.

1. vpyingyang

vpyingyang Member

The PG, who best compliment with Harden, is George Hill IMO.

TJ + Kostas for George Hill.

2. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Harden plays street ball not professional basketball.

3. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Well he's right you know, Olajuwon couldn't do it without the ability of Max, Kenny, Sam & Horry to create.

4. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

I think Dmo will have as much value if not more in the future as Gordon Heyward and Chandler Parsons so...why is it not reasonable for him to get a max.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Lowry and Conley would be the best fits at PG, but neither seem attainable. Lawson isn't as good as either, but would still be an overall upgrade and is apparently trying to force his way out. With all the good PGs in the league today, I trust Morey to shore up the position by training camp. His offseason shopping list is much less ambitious this year than last.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Because what you think does not matter.

7. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I was thinking something along the lines in the draft of either drafting a point or only Devin Booker. The problem with DB is that his stocks rising. If Harden does continue to play point, then add a dead eye shooter at the PG/SG position. Defense will clearly have to be accommodated for, but the offensive fire power will really be taking a boost.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Wow you don't say... man this makes us look stupid. Of course you need help at guard I could have told you that after the Portland series last year. Why even talk to Morey everyone in the world already knows this. Are these two guys just now realizing this...

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

Find me a team who won an nba title without a serviceable PG.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Go away.

11. MystikArkitect

Hot take right there. Didnt know Harden's checks came from playing in a street ball league.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Teams have won the title with a bad NBA but they could almost always shoot open 3's. (See Derrick Fisher, although technically a backup - Steve Kerr, Kenny Smith, Old Jason Kidd, Mario Chalmers)

These were all pretty mediocre to meh PG's in comparison to their competition, but what did they all have in common that contributed to a title.... you guessed it.

The sad thing is, Terry kind of fits that mold. However he only shot 35% from 3 in the playoffs this year, and just wasn't getting enough open looks to have an opportunity to kill the other teams. The team also had many other deficiencies that led to them not advancing in the finals such as on the defensive end, and on the glass.

I'm not saying the Rockets should rely on Terry next year because they shouldn't, but I am saying that the Rockets technically could have won it all this year with him as their PG if he was shooting what he's capable of, and they win a split in the first two games, and win it in seven. Easier said than done, but they were still somewhat close.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Yes. Max is % of cap but once a contract signed the amount of $ remains the same even if the cap jumps up. So i.e a rookiemax of 16 this summer will be the equivalent of 10mil per in two years.

14. Mr Chuck Norris

How does anyone say no to Lawson. Why the hell is conleys name even brought up smh...

15. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

[​IMG]

16. Man

Man Contributing Member

One question on Lawson is his 3 pt shooting. All right, here's the list:

Kyle Lowry
    Ty Lawson
    Patrick Beverley
    Terry Rozier
    Ramon Sessions
    Brandon Knight
    Jameer Nelson
    [Sergio Lull]
    Mario Chalmers
    Avery Bradley
    Jarrett Jack
    George Hill
    Rajon Rondo
    Mo Williams
    Patty Mills
    JJ Barea
    Steve Blake
    Aaron Brooks
    Kirk Hinrich

Sounds like we need to get Bev back.

17. ibm

ibm Member

so those are all free agents, restricted and unrestricted?

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Or hire an offensive coordinator. Take the ball out of Harden's hands. Let DMo initiate the offense at the high post. Have everybody including Harden moving and cutting.

19. pass_to_Hakeem

It's probably time to move on from the whole Llull infatuation. I doubt he will ever touch down in HOU!! would be nice but he is happy and content as is

20. Man

Man Contributing Member

No, just hypothetical guys to target. We'd have to look more carefully at each.