1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Morey: Get me help at guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2015.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What part don't you like?

Lawson is a seriously underrated player. 3rd in assists, second in assist/to, can create offense for himself, isn't a high usage player despite all that, and isn't a bad defender despite his size - a good pickpocket at least.

Dwight is great, but aging, overpaid and handcuffing the team salary cap wise, and its unclear his impact on the W/L performance of the team.

The Rockets have run out of assets to pick up a player like Lawson. You either have to trade Dwight or Ariza. Dwight is better than Ariza... BUT Ariza has more value, since he only gets paid $8 million next year to Dwights $22

2. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Maybe he's talking about depth at the guard spot.

Ariza/brewer/jones/smith/DMo/Capella/howard is a pretty good big man depth

Harden/brewer/Terry/prigs is not

I always felt like harden liked bev. I just think he is tired of playing so many minutes with 2 40yr olds in the second unit

3. malakas

malakas Member

If he can be as he was this season with no improvement but good health he will. Hes lucky becoz he offers exactly what is on high demand right now : playmaking forward. After his max he shoukd send flowers to green.
    Its thesame as was with the rim protecting bigs who got overpaid even if they were zero offensively. Gms are like that..always overpayimg for the new trend.

If u want go to grantland and read lowes article on the return of the post up. I would posta link but cant from here.

4. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

We need a PG? Really
    Glad Harden said something.

Now we will see how important Hardens input is to Les and Daryl Morey.
    If lebron says this.......a pg would be traded for in a heartbeat.

But watch Morey strike out at getting a good pg.
    He will not part with his beloved assets.

He will resign Bev and sell the injuries to him and Dmo as the reason we didn't win the championship.

Even when Beverley was healthy we still needed a PG lol

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How do we get from someone might pay him that to him commanding?

DMo will be coveted, and teams are KNOWN to overpay - all the folks saying he won't get XXX were the same ignoramuses saying Parson's wouldn't get it either.

It only takes one person to overpay.

DD

#205 DaDakota, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
  6. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

You're Crazy thinking we are going to trade Dwight lol
    It's not happening, the guy is the one that shows up every game during the playoffs, he changes everything defensively. Dumb dumb dumb idea all around. Lawson can be attained easily with Jones and pick, plus future I'm sure.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No guard help is going to help him and the Rockets if he is slamming bottles at a strip club a night before a big game

8. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bro, are you serious? Dwight's impact on our W/L is unclear?

Without Dwight Howard, we may not even beat the Mavs in the playoffs.

Playoff Howard is a top 15 player in the NBA. No doubt about that.

16.4 pts, 14 rebs, 2.3 blks per game in 33 minutes.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

green is a beast defensively and on the boards, while being able to stick the 3 and put the ball on the floor. hopefully dmo can improve his 3pt shooting this offseason. but if he has a duplicate of this past season, i still don't think any team will offer him the max. too inconsistent from game to game and too unreliable securing rebounds. i hope he improves enough to get it though.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The Rockets were basically as good in the regular season with Dwight as without him.

They are clearly better with Dwight, and he was important in the playoffs.

But they just got beat by a team whose starting center did 5 points, 8 boards, 1.9 blocks per game in the playoffs...

So... I'm just thinking big picture. Clearly they need a defensive center. The question is, is the team better, by moving Dwight while getting valuable assets in return? That obviously depends on the deal offered/presented... I just think the answer is yes.

But it's not going to happen... so I'll stop now!

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Nobody gives a crap about your opinions.

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

We should just convince Westbrook and KD to come here.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Handling the ball and expected to make a play ever single time is both tiresome and makes the offense predictable. James just verifying what CFans already knew!

14. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Watch Morey bring Jeremy Lin back and LOH's flip out.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Green on the other hand is extremely undersized. 7 footers have a premium price let alone if they can playmake.

Would u pay dmo 12 per? Do u think one of the other 29 teams who will have ALL capspace would? Thats the right question. Becoz "max" is 12 per in only a few years after signed.
    if u answer one of these questions as yes then dmo will get his max.

16. Normalus

Normalus Member

Pretty much this.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I think most people would not be happy with bringing Lin back, including Lin himself. You are definitely a LOF if you don't recognize how terribly he played last postseason. No one denied when Harden struggled but if Lin had an equivalently bad game the majority of his fans would deny it and make excuses.

Not only does Lin provide nothing for our team, his fans are devoid of rational thought. The quality of posts here falls exponentially when Lin fans are present.

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I saw a player who took a lottery team to the two seed. He played every game but one, played through injuries, relentlessly attacked the basket and was basically the only playmaker on the team. His defense and playoff performance improved. Harden has played beyond expectations for the Rockets this year and beyond. I think you are not giving him his due.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

The more I look at this, the more I'm convinced that SERGIO LLULL is the right answer for us. Every other option requires us to use a pick, make a significant trade, or clear salary to sign a free agent. Llull would only cost us the majority of the MLE....pennies compared to what Lowry or Lawson would demand.

As far as Llull the player:

1) He pushes the fast break. Go watch any of his highlight films and this stands out.
    2) Does NOT turn the ball over. Under 1 TO per game with an average of 27 minutes played. That's phenomenal for a guy that also averages almost 6 assists.
    3) Can shoot. 38% from 3 this year.
    4) Can finish. Career 53% from inside the arc. Was an amazing 61% last season.
    5) Has the clutch gene. Has hit several big time buzzer beaters throughout his career.
    6) Plays with passion. Fans would instantly love him in the same way they did Scola.

There is another cost to Llull.......Beverley would likely be gone. Llull may want assurances that he will get the starting job, and Beverley may not be willing to move to the bench. I'm ok with that.....Nick is the heir apparent to Bev's role, and even if he doesn't work out, we can find a reasonable replacement with or for a 2nd round pick.

Regarding the "which needs a bigger upgrade: PG or PF" question, it seems pretty obvious to me......DMo/Smith/Jones is a much better rotation than Beverley/Terry. Go compare those two groups to the rest of the league. Our PFs are probably in the middle of the pack, while PG is at the very end.

Llull / Terry / Johnson
    Harden / McDaniels
    Ariza / Brewer
    DMo / Smith / TJones
    Howard / Capela

Then you have the NOP 1st. You might consider packaging the NYK 2nd and TJones together to move up in the draft. I could really get behind Booker, as we desperately need more shooting on this team.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what?