1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider] Roster Reload: Rockets should chase Love or Aldridge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Broford, May 27, 2015.

1. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Love would be awesome. A true stretch 4. Nobody is guarding Terrence Jones and Josh Smith out there to spread the floor.

And we would never lose the rebounding battle. Dwight trying to outrebound the whole Warriors team just wasn't fair.

2. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

That and a decent playmaking PG, hopefully one that doesn't suck at defense, and I think we might be there. First and foremost we need another playmaker. If we bring one in that isn't a good to very good defender it would nice if we had someone to bring off the bench that is.

Pat's going to have a pretty hard time finding a good contract or adding real value in a trade with his lackluster season and injury history. He's an elite defensive player that didn't play elite defense this year. I expect that had a lot to do with his health but it's bad news for him because there really isn't much else to distinguish him. He's not special as a shooter or scorer and he's probably in the bottom percentiles in assists for PG's in the history of the league because he's not a playmaker. At all.

I'm still a great fan of his tenacious D though and I think all his bad luck will result in him being easy for the Rockets to re-sign with Bird rights after they've made their other moves. I would LOVE to have him off the bench. Regardless of his deficiencies he's the kind of guy you love to root for.

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I really struggle over Smith. He was basically a freebie this year and he definitely exceeded expectations. But I don't believe he will ever get right with his free throws again. And as great as he and Dwight play together, a team with Dwight on it can't afford to have another major contributor that can't shoot FT's. I would love for him to prove me wrong and I love having him on our team. But we can't put field any reasonable group of 5 without exposing ourselves to the hack. The closest you can come is to field Brewer and he is almost as reliably bad from the line as Howard or Smith. That makes 3 rotation players (leaving Dorsey out of it) that any team can and will hack to stop our runs. And our team, more a lot of others, really needs to run. We can't come back next year with this many hackable guys.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You guys are crazy if you don't want Love! Everyone talked about this as a down year for him and he averaged like 18 and 13. He'd be the perfect fit with Harden.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL. Agree.

7. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

If we got Aldridge or Horford we win all the championships. No joke.

If we could maintain these guys on a roster

Harden
    Howard
    Horford/Aldridge
    Terry
    Smith
    Dmo
    Beverley
    Capela

And find some guys to fill the rest of the rest of the roster. Holy crap what a team. I can't even think of a weakness.

I would love to bring back Brewer if the salary allows it.

8. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Man. I agree that he is a great player but I don't think he's a player who should be paid max money. He was a notorious stat padder on the Timberwolves. Great player but I don't want him due to him taking away potential value. If he's the best option then of course I want him though.

9. malakas

malakas Member

point guard

10. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

We would get blitzed at the guard spot and run Harden into the ground.

11. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Just switch Kerr with Mchale,we'll get tile this year. SMH

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Ariza anchors our defense outside of Dwight. He is a competitor. Mchale and everyone trusts him.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The LA Lakers have the capspace to throw big contracts to Love, ALdridge and who else. Kobe will be gone by next season.

I don't know if our roster is attractive enough.

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

*I mean ... after next season

15. baubo

baubo Member

They can't replace 100% of Ariza. but they can replace 70% of him through trade or MLE. Adding Aldridge or Love over Jones/DMo will boost a hell of a lot more than whatever we lose from Ariza to his replacement.

16. Jamers

Jamers Member

i seriously think Pau Gasol is a lot better fit than Aldridge or Love... it will also improve defense but... injuries :eek:

17. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

I would give both my nuts to have Kyle Lowry back at pg. :(

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Kevin Love is soft mental midget garbage.

Adding him to this team is not the answer.

19. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

No superstar is going to put up with Harden ball hogging.

20. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I guess Ariza will be forever involved in trade talks on this team, being the best trade chip the Rockets have currently on the team. I think it's the end for Ariza if we trade him a second time.

As a fan, it's hard to watch and follow a team when the players get traded so often. It would be Ariza's second time with the team and he's finally contributing. The problem isn't Ariza it's the team's effort night in and night out. We've shown that we can beat the Clippers and Warriors (or at least hang with them) in this year's play off run. If we can get the whole cast to buy into our system we're pretty set for next year.

We definitely need healthy players next year though, I think that's the first important step. Don't know if getting Love would make us a way better team or not, I definitely think getting Alridge (if possible) would be a way better fit.