1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eastern Conference Finals: (1)Atlanta vs. (2)Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 15, 2015.

?

(1)Atlanta vs. (2)Cleveland

Poll closed May 20, 2015.
  1. Hawks in 4

0.9%
  2. Hawks in 5

0.9%
  3. Hawks in 6

8.5%
  4. Hawks in 7

22.6%
  5. Cavs in 7

5.7%
  6. Cavs in 6

48.1%
  7. Cavs in 5

12.3%
  8. Cavs in 4

0.9%
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

For his position, Harden is bigger and stronger and faster than all of his peers. He's not Lebron, but he's a physically gifted player.

What Harden needs to work on to elevate his game is this type of mental perseverance. You won't always shoot well, but you can still impact games.

I want Harden to start guarding the best player more so he stays involved defensively. I want Harden to post up more so it gives the team another interior presence. There are a lot of things Harden can do better that don't involve scoring more points for the team.

Lebron is the best player in the league not b/c he's the best scorer, but he's an all-around player on both ends.

2. lalala902102001

Harden is not nearly as physically dominant as Lebron has been. The knock on Harden coming into the league was that he was undersized and not athletic enough to play the wing position in the NBA. Harden has adapted well but still his game relies more on his crafts and skills than his athleticism. Harden's lack of athleticism is the main reason why he's not an elite defender (I agree that he has mental lapses at times but that is not the main reason why he's not great defensively).

Lebron has the same elite skill level as Harden does but his otherworldly athletic ability is what makes him an all time great (Harden still has a long way to go to reach that). Now as Lebron ages and his athleticism declines he relies more than his experience and savvy to win. This is the stage of his career that I believe will truly be special. I look forward to seeing what Lebron will bring in the Finals. This is probably the first time when he's the underdog in the NBA Finals since he last worn a Cavs uniform in the Finals.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I think OKC was favored, and possibly SAS one of the two times...

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hobbling Irving is still a force

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Hawks may have lost, but this is how you respond to adversity.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

You mean like coming back from a 3-1 series deficit. Try harder

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Rockets 9th team in league history to come back from 3-1 against a mostly healthy Clippers team.
    Rockets just don't match up well against the Warriors. We haven't beat them in a single game all season. It is what it is.

8. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

He can't be serious? The Cavs are playing without love or Irving. Someone tell me he's not serious!

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The Rockets weren't missing two all-stars and had a third starter playing on one leg. What happened against the Clippers was a miracle. If you're going to keep relying on miracles, you're going to be disappointed because, as you just noted, they don't happen too often. The Hawks showed much more resolve tonight than the Rockets did yesterday. They fought, competed, and should have won this game on the road, but the Rockets were just humiliated on their own home-court by 35 pts.

#509 Kwame, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
  10. t_mac1

Bayless is a notorious Lebron hater.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

The overreaction on the Dellavedova incidents are quite annoying

12. t_mac1

Courtesy of Reggie Miller.

13. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Wow Della deja vu and not getting anything but a technical and twice the other gets thrown out? Way to go NBA! Lebron still crazy good though and while I hate JR Smith, wouldn't mind him on my team. You know him and Shumpert deliver every game with at least 10 points, while Brewer, Prigioni, Terry, Josh and Jones are all way too inconsistent.

14. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Not trying to say he's all of a sudden a dirty player and while he has a punchable face and looks indeed like a serial killer, I would take him on the Rockets. He hustles and dives for lose balls, gets in there like Beverley. We could've used that, I haven't our guys fight like that dude does. Maybe Ariza and occasionally another, but not consistently.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

When has harden been considered undersized? He was the no 3 pick in the draft. He is not curry who was more of an underdog.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Reggie Miller might just be teetering near the top of the totem pole of worst commentators in the entire league.

I just sat there dumbfounded as he tried to argue that Del was deliberately aiming for players' knees and ankles as he was in instance A) diving for the ball at the same time as Korver, and in instance B) pulled down by Horford and tripped over Carol on the ground.

This guy is a legit joke of a broadcaster.

Apparently Matt Barnes should be emulated according to Reggie for his idiotic fake tough guy/dirty acts on the basketball court.

Yet on the other hand a guy who was no reputation whatsoever for being dirty - suddenly is because it one freakish accident and Horford's brainsnap today?

I honestly don't know what I'd do if I was given the choice of losing JVG from commentary, if it also meant losing Reggie.

17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Dellavadova is dirty player, scum of the earth

with that being said if they do indeed meet the Warriors i dont have a problem with him hurting them

100% srs

18. Vienna Calling

The Hawks might not win the series anymore but I hope they send someone who takes out that little b**** Dellavedova in Game 4.

1 person likes this.
  19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

O lawd.

Tell me more how Dellavadova was considered a dirty player all throughout College, and throughout this season - before Reggie Miller opened his mouth.

20. adobo

adobo Member

Regarding Delly.....yes he was reckless, but i this "dirty" player tag is going way overboard.

I believe that moving screen by Draymond on Ariza and then falling on him was waaaay more severe..it was just lucky that he didnt fall on his leg.

I hope Delly does not change his game too much....just probably need to be more aware when he is diving or falling.