1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malakas

malakas Member

Dunleavy will be renounced by the Bulls and Dudley hasn't decided yet if he picks up his PO or not but said even if he does he doesn't want to go to a contender but remain in MKE.
    And I think Portland will retain one of Wes and Afflalo. Prob Wes on a one year contract.

2. Mr Chuck Norris

Lol no

3. Mr Chuck Norris

Affalo fell off completely this year. I cross him off my wish list.

4. NateNate

NateNate Member

Nobody likes Middelton from the Bucks? Wouldn't be surprised if Daryl goes after him

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think he's the reason Bucks unloaded salary this trade deadline, no way he's leaving. Stud and perfect for their system.

6. NateNate

NateNate Member

I wanna say he's a URFA. Also, I don't know if he'd be in a rush to stay in Mil.

7. NateNate

NateNate Member

Looks like he played ball at Texas A&M too.. Hmmmm :)

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We'll see, but would only make sense if we trade away Ariza and some other player for a PG. He'll likely receive a very well-paid contract and we can't afford to spend everything on a position where we already have Ariza&Brewer.

Maybe send Ariza+picks and other assets for a top 8 pick (hearing some teams in that area are looking to trade their pick) to a team that would rather have a veteran wing and assets. Then draft a great PG asset.

PG rookie
    Harden
    Middleton
    Motiejunas/Smith
    Dwight

I'd like it.

9. NateNate

NateNate Member

Ok, I see. I don't know why I was thinking of him as a PF. I didn't realize he was only 6'7. Although, I see he did play some PF with the Bucks. Wonder how much money he would command?

10. theredbackpack

man idk about afflalo, i know he got hurt, but he didn't really "pass the eye test" for me in portland. seemed like a downgrade from will barton who did some nice things in denver. i mean we praised prigs' 3-point efficiency but we've all seen him pass up that shot a million times. i just think some numbers can be misleading. wouldn't afflalo's skills overlap with ariza's anyway?

11. malakas

malakas Member

Middleton is a RFA who will get the max in the offseason shares the same agent with the coach and has said publicly that he wants to remain in Milwaukee.
    The Rockets can't even pay him the 15per he will get.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He can play a bit of everything and could play PF in a small-ball line-up,but only at times. With the way he's been playing and the TV deal coming in two seasons, I'd expect him to be around the 12mil/year range now. If Milwaukee is serious maybe even little more. Trading away some serious assets this deadline makes me think so, they want him to be part of their core.

13. malakas

malakas Member

He is a SG. That's the position he played all year and shined in. Because as a SG he can utilise a post game and his superb defence. But he can also play SF and small ball PF even though he doesn't like it much. He did play PF in some lineups but that's because the Bucks have no C so they put a PF as C.
    The problem with him is his handles and he lacks elite athleticism. Otherwise he would be a star. Right now he's a third banana- sniper elite defender type of player.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ah I thought so, but thought Nate looked it up. Clarifies my first post, Milwaukee unloaded a lot in order to pay him big money this offseason. Maybe 14mil/year.

Dont know if offering them Ariza plus other picks and assets would be a consideration for them. Also would make it hard for us to get a point guard, which is likely the highest priority right now.

15. NateNate

NateNate Member

One website said he was unrestricted, but after checking another site, you are right sir.

Without having Bima Thug salary cap knowledge it's hard to really speculate haha.

16. malakas

malakas Member

I'm a Bucks fan dear people. I know everything about the Bucks salary situation. They will try to ask him to wait a bit to sign Robin Lopez before they match the offersheets he will get, which he will from multiple teams. He's one of the best wings on the market and only 23. He's the perfect fit for Kidd's system and there's no question they will match everything he will get offered.

For a bargain the Rox should look at a one deal to Wes Matthews. Give him a chance to prove he's back from his achilles. It's a risk but he will be cheap.

17. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I dont think Mathews will be cheap at all, but i would love if we did sign him to a one year prove it deal. A great two way player but still doesent offer us with what we need most, a playmaker.
    We lack two things in our Offense
    1. A secondary playmaker to not only take the load of harden but also give the offense more diversity we are too one dimensional.
    2.A Playmaker with that can take care of the ball, we have been at the top of the TO rankings for the past 3 years because we dont have a legit PG, which is why that should no doubt be our #1 priority this year.

I truly believe we are a legit PG away from being champions and i dont think that PG has to have elite defense, i just want him to have a good assist/to margin and to me lawson fits the bill.
    Iam not really sure if we could trade for lawson and have the cap space to sign mathews at the same time but that would really be a coup.

18. NateNate

NateNate Member

Just thinking out loud, but poor Portland. If Lopez; who was underrated and very good for Portland, Mathews and Aldridge leave, they have nothing left. Well, Lillard, but yeah.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Matthews will be cheap but that's because of a good reason. It's a big risk. Achilles injuries are like the death sentence for basketball carreers much more than ACLs and esp at his age.
    But Matthews is such a fighter and hard worker that maybe he will be one of the few to come back from this the same. He will have other suitors (NY, Portland maybe Celtics) but none of them will bid high on him.
    Before the injury he was a near max contract guy and now if he gets 5-6 per he will be lucky.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You sneaky, breh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.