1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

classy

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

McHale should have went small when they did.

Howard can't take advantage of smaller players which creates issues for us.

3. Oakland Fan

Oakland Fan Member

Man, you guys are really harsh. I have suffered for decades rooting for a losing team. They are actually decent this year which is great!

The Rockets are, in my opinion, a team that is really really good and between good teams, anything can happen. I won't call for heads to roll if the Warriors lose the series because the Rockets and Harden are amazing!

I hope that Howard is 100% for the next game because I enjoy watching the flow of two good teams playing.

I hope the people who are hoping for injuries or deaths to Warriors players are just joking.

4. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Totally avoided ESPN today....I'm in a much better mood...

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

LMAO Relax man.

6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Ditto. I'm sure the rhetoric today is beyond ridiculous, even though the Rockets clearly win that game with a healthy Dwight. GS is the only team in the NBA that will make me pull hard for LeBron in the finals. They're such a fraud IMO. Biggest beneficiary of injuries in years, both on their side and on their opponent's side. Let's see what happens if they lose Curry or Thompson.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol no.
    People don't deserve to die over a game.

Maybe instead of death, the whole team comes down with the flu. That would be great.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

F espn. I have avoided them too.

9. dream2franchise

http://espn.go.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/3443/stephen-curry-wins-worthy-battle-on-style-points

10. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

agreed, same here

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

12. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Even though it may not work, I'll say don't let it bother you. The media will always ride the story of the moment, in this case its Steph Curry. Plus, the general public never respects Houston Sports anyways. This kind of "article" reminds me of how Engadget used to write about Apple products, can clearly do no wrong.

13. Flop

Flop Member

Where you at? You still think those were not "legit playoff fouls" committed on Harden?

So he flopped his beard so hard you could hear the smack all throughout Oracle Arena? The 24 second call should not have been made period. A set defense forced the Rockets to burn a timeout. What if they made a three in transition? 2 point game with ~40 seconds left.

Also, Thompson should have fouled out. He gets away with much more than he gets called for. I think he is the biggest cheater on the Warriors. I'm not gonna lie, he is smart and he knows what he can get away with. It's Kerr's strategy to keep fouling, but he executes it the best.

The way Bogut was playing in the first half one could argue him sitting early helped the Warriors. They made their run when they were forced to go small.

14. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

so GS gets to play game 2 of the WCF with us missing 3 starters

never seen a luckier GD team

15. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Go back to being warriors fan!!

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

A lot of Lin fans are warrior fans. Sigh.

17. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

*shrug* If knuckleheads like Adande and those other national media types want to bury the Rockets while showering the Warriors with praise, that's fine. At the end of the day, a lot of those guys predicted the Rockets were a long shot to even make the playoffs, nevermind be in the conference finals. No matter what happens on the court, the Rockets have already defeated the media.

18. TexansUSMC0311

I hope Capela goes ape wall on the Warriors!

19. Flop

Flop Member

Rockets FTs:
    Ariza: 4/4 - great
    Smith: 3/4 - great for Smith
    Howard: 1/4 - 1 away from his average (might have been the knee)
    Harden: 5/6 - missed 1, it happens
    Terry: 2/2 - great
    Jones: 1/4 - he had a poor game all around. He is young (23) and nervous. I can't blame him if he is not ready for the big stage.
    Capela: 1/2 - at this stage, I will take it. The kid has a bright future
    Brewer: 3/4 - above his season average

So Dwight and Jones didn't do well from the FT line possibly due to the knee and inexperience. Everyone else did a good job.

Finally, the Warriors shot worse from the FT line. You pretend as if nerves played no factor in game 1 of the WCF.

1 person likes this.
  20. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

I now know why for the last few years I have stopped reading ESPN articles. I know I am bias and we all are on here but the amount of American media that totally disrespects the Rockets is truly astounding.
    Listening to the lockdown podcast, they honestly had nothing good to say about the Rockets. It was all "well the Warriors were just too good", "they made the stops they always make".
    Honestly seemed like I was watching a different game to them. I know we were down most of the second half but that game was totally winnable.
    Makes me proud to support this team showing the fight they have in these playoffs.
    Like Harden said they keep doubting us and have all season, I don't see that changing now but it sure would be sweet to get through this Warriors team. the STFU to the media would be well worth it alone.