1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors favored to win the series -1100

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bizzy045, May 18, 2015.

1. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Bovada would be the easiest and they payout within a week. Great customer service as well. There's also 5dimes.

1 person likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get why so many people are getting worked up that the Warriors are favored. They won 67 games and beat the Rockets 4-0 this season. Objectively they should be favored.

Personally I would rather be in the underdog position than be the overwhelming favorite. It's a great motivator and makes the victory all that sweeter.

3. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

This means nothing about the actual money put in the game. Maybe casual bettors were more prone to pick Clippers but the lines are made to get even money on the games so this likely just means the smart and big money bets were on Houston.

4. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

We match up really good with them , now we have less pressure on our bigs to defend a low post presence , its more of defending the pick and roll , under or over screens and just staying on curry and thompson.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The Spurs won the season series against us, 5-1, in 1994-1995 too.......

6. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

thank you good sir, couldnt find where to place a bet for this series so i just went ahead on bovada and placed a bet for them to win the whole thing since this series is pretty much the championship. :cool:

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If we learned anything from being down 3-1, we need the extra motivation from wherever we can take it. Keep disrespecting us, it's cool.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The thing that really gets me is not that the Warriors are heavy favorites. I can understand that. It's that the freakin' Atlanta Hawks are more favored to win a championship than we are. The Hawks!

To be champions, we have the beat the Warriors and the Cavs. That's a tough road. For the Hawks to be champions, they have to beat the Cavs and the Warriors. People seriously think the Hawks have a better shot at the same 2 teams than the Rockets do? That ain't right.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think it's more the order of events, obviously houston is disrespected, but Atlanta has to go through Cleveland first and then the winner of our series. I bet the odds would change if houston and Atlanta swapped conferences.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I mean maybe not a crazy amount or something, but just looking at ATL/Cleveland series and lines are a lot closer (at least earlier).

11. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Crazy odds for a conference finals.

12. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Steve Kerr and the warriors about to be EXPOSED

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Why do I keep believing that we can beat them? I know James probably shouldn't have said it...but he wasn't wrong. "They aren't that good."

1 person likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

To be honest i'd be a happy camper with just 2 wins and a hard fought series in which we don't embarrass our selves at this point. Of course i'd love for us to win it all, but the Rockets have easily surpassed my expectations already and i'm very happy with our season as a whole.

Lets remembers EVERYBODY expected us to struggle just to make the playoffs this year, most (including me) thought our team took a step back from last year, well we didn't we took a huge step forward in every way.

Defense has been much improved this season
    Harden was MVP caliber
    Bench Band Brothers have been awesome
    Despite major injuries we came out and won 56 games
    Got 2nd seed, won division
    Beat down Mavericks in 1st round 4-1
    Made the amazing comeback against the Clippers to get to the conference finals.

I'm content with our season, everything from now on is gravy. I'm just happy I get to watch 4 more games this season.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I really believe Houston can do this, I felt the same way about the clippers series. And I think big game experience (the rockets have) combined with a team gsw hasn't seen before could change everything. Houston might have finally realized how good they can be. Can't wait for Tuesday!

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Everybody that has remotely followed the rockets the last decade knows that we have been a hated team...and that posting about it is like beating a dead horse. Given that, with what they just accomplished I just can't believe that the hate they are getting is far worse. To people really cheer that hard for us to lose?!?!

17. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

Going in as underdogs, we have nothing to lose but so much to gain. As a fan of the Rockets I'm definitely pulling for them but as a fan of the NBA I usually pull for the underdogs so again Rockets.

This team has proven a lot of people wrong so why stop here? Let's come out focus and ready to play. I'm bleeding ROCKETS RED!!!!!!

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think it's really that. I think it doesn't make logical, mathematical sense to think the Rockets have a harder path to the championship than the Hawks do simply because they meet the Warriors earlier. I think -- much like the betting on Game 7 against the Clippers -- there's a lot of irrational psychology going on. The one data-point of legitimate advantage for the Hawks over the Rockets is that if the 2 were to meet (against all odds) in the Finals, the Hawks would have homecourt advantage. They also have HCA against the Cavs but aren't favored to win, and they wouldn't have HCA over the Warriors. I'm not a gambler, but if I was I'd bet on the Rockets not just out of homerism, but because I think the market price is too low to pass up.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Westgate is just one book. Total number of bets in all of Vegas was pretty even iirc.
    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/matchups/matchups.cfm/date/05-17-15
    [​IMG]

And as for Tuesday night's game, 2 out of 3 bets are on Rockets +10, and 85 out of 100 bets are on Rockets to win.
    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/matchups/matchups.cfm/date/05-19-15
    [​IMG]

ESPN in general, is really bad at explaining gambling stuff, even though they've ramped up the gambling related articles over the past couple of years.

#39 Kim, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Good points I was thinking about this after I posted... definitely agree. I mean people were actually picking dallas over us, I mean when's the last time a 7th seed beat a 2nd seed? I know the West is tight, but people kept going back to the whole Dallas/SAS series, and Dallas wasn't even the same team compared to last year.

I even read in the ESPN article about these stupid bets "In Game 6, the Clippers led by 19 late in the third quarter and at one point were minus-7,500 to win the game in live betting at William Hill's Nevada sport book. One bettor risked $488.90 to win $6.52 on the Clippers' prevailing and lost. The Rockets outscored the Clippers 40-15 in the fourth quarter and won 119-107."... Wtf, I understand that it was all but guarteened that clippers should have won at that point, but who in their right mind risks 500 for 6?!?!?! It's like sure you'd win 6 probably 99+% of the time, but if you're not even close to 50% or hell at even money... Why place that bet??? I know it's gambling but that's just a ****ty bet, would have been better payout doing it before the game... - 7500?!?! Hahahhah, wish I would have thought to bet on the Rockets... Obviously it's gambling but don't need to place as much...