1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN really thought the Clippers would win!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sajan, May 15, 2015.

1. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Haberstroh was right; the clippers only missed 23.

2. J Hard

J Hard Member

I don't blame them though, the Rockets hadn't done anything to warrant any other response.

BUT, even if we played them tough game in and game out, these clowns still would've said these exact comments, so that's where the lulzzz come into effect.

3. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Change "thought" to "hoped" and the title of this thread is correct.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Won game 5 by 20+?

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Spurs would've swept the Rockets.</p>&mdash; Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/599273159624372224">May 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Anyone know of any well-trafficked LA Clippers message boards?

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

No. And no need for you to be "that guy."

Let's just keep rollin' with uncle "mo" to "Yallcansuckittown"

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What guy? I would like to know what the die-hard Clippers fans are saying about this. Wouldn't you?

10. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Yes, I wish Jon, Royce, Pippen would go to Singapore and get caned. Obviously, Royce would take a boat.

11. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Lmao, Did anyone see NBATV twitter page post "One quarter away from going to the WCF." Then deleted it. Jackass.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I wish there were an ESPN for people with brains.</p>&mdash; Kelly Scaletta (@KellyScaletta) <a href="https://twitter.com/KellyScaletta/status/599279799132008448">May 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Nah, I know what they're saying, just browse comments on any of the national articles. Don't blame ya for that, we just don't need to be rubbing salt in the wound on a rival site was all I meant.

Let's finish this series off at home with a convincing W, a handshake, and a "good game" and take our class with us to the next round.

1 person likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, and had the Rockets beat Portland last season they would have beat the Spurs :rolleyes:

Annoying and we getting 0 credit from him.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't hold anything against the media. They had every reason to believe this would be a laugher with the Clippers planning for Game 1 on Sunday. Not game 7.

We were done. We had no right coming back from 19 points and blowing out the Clippers in the 4th QTR like that. That was just weird. How can you be mad at those who would not see it.

It's like thinking the bad news bears were going to win. I mean in real life. In the movie sure, but does anyone expected us to win down 19? Let me tell you, I bet no one would make any kind of significant bet.

16. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Why are you seeking credit from a babbling moron? We could put local high school daily news casters on espn and they would come up with a better product.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

You haven't given the Rockets a chance throughout the series. I'm surprised you actually watched the game last night.

1 person likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not seeking anything, I'm commenting on his comment is all.

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Can you really blame them? I didn't think the Rockets would win, either. I have to say, it's nice feeling stupid and happy rather than stupid and sad like these guys, though.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao bitter old fool