1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/14/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2015.

1. krouchchocolate

just gotta come out hot in the 3rd quarter

2. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

McHale starts hacking, Clutchfans response: 'STUPID MCHALE WHY ARE YOU HACKING GIVING UP THE LEAD?'

McHale doesn't hack, Clutchfans response: 'STOP THEIR MOMENTUM DUMB COACH MCHALE START HACKING DJ!'

2 people like this.
  3. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I wanted him to hack but when u hack with 2 min left keep howard out and play small so they can't do the same....also don't just hack jordan once cuz he hit both freebies its a percentage game he was bound to start missing he's the worst Ft shooter in the Nba....but no way can mchale think passed one situation because he has the brain of a ****in rat when it comes to basketball

4. Nook

Nook Member

Well that is enough for me.

The Rockets played about as well as one could hope offensively in the first half and are losing. I already saw the Clippers making adjustments to what the Rockets were doing.

I hope I am wrong but based on what I saw, it is likely the Clippers pull away in the third. The Rockets will not keep shooting this well, the defense is poor and the adjustments by LAC already started to show just in the last few minutes.

I hope I am wrong but I doubt it. This reminds me a lot of game 4. The Rockets are not guarding the perimeter like in game 5.

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Can't shoot a FT either. Maybe if he didn't collect 2 fouls in the first qtr. of every game,he could be a bigger asset. SOS every game.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's also incredibly stupid because your star player said it takes him out of the rhythm of the game.

So why are you hampering your own player? The player that is most of your offense? Why are you doing that? I just don't understand it.

On top of that we use Capela to foul him and Capela is actually a very useful player.

7. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

At least Dwight won't be such a liability next season .. Worst part about that first half is that the free throw misses are in Dwight's head now and DeAndre has 4-4 on his mind

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Well let's hope McHale got the hack a crap out of the way now.
    Just have to play a little better D and Sunday is guaranteed.

9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Ya know what annoys the hell out of me?

LAC always gets the last possession shot, always. I mean yes, we may get the last 2 or 3 secs, but I swear they always ALWAYS ALWAYS get to setup for the final real possession of every stinking quarter.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

honestly the thought the clippers played well in the first half. took care of the ball, scored in transition...blake and paul playing well...

rockets had dumb turn overs, not getting back on defense, harden not shooting well...

and we're only down 2 on the road!

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

man, the thing about that hacking was that the clips were kinda quieting down...we gave them life....**** me...

12. TimRox

TimRox Member

We are fighting hard tonight. That's what matters the most.

13. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

annoyed about the end of the half but over all we are in a decent position. If we want it it is there for the taking

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah Wtf was that ****, he's like "we shouldn't do it, it hurt our rhythm before", "okay guys foul DJ!! "

15. Marteen

Marteen Member

2 point game! Hang on to your butts!!

16. i3artow i3aller

Time to open up the Banana Bread beers in anticipation of the 2nd half [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

what happened with Pablo and the chair?

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

A truly unfathomable decision that I would not be surprised if it lost us the game. Hard to find coaching decisions that absolutely and completely swing the game like that. I'm furious.

19. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A good half on offense but a wretched one on defense. Way too many open looks for the Clips and Brewer gets beat off the dribble by JJ Redick. And how many times can Jones lose track of the ball and/or his man? Both those guys need to be gone next season (along with Smith) - maybe the sum of them can get us a smart PF in a trade.

Harden is giving a great effort and Dwights been effective, though he needs to pull it together at the FT line. A little defense and we might have a chance.

20. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

i thought it was a good time for it also, i really blame dwight in that situation..how can u miss 4 in a row then clown around like the villiage idiot in game 6