1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both Adelman and JVG were better coaches... both were let go and McHale is the savior.

2. hoopball

hoopball Member

This. I've never heard McHale give any insightful and detailed analysis as to why we lost in the post game interviews, or in any interviews for that matter. It's all just vague generalities and excuses that even a casual 15 year old basketball fan can come up with. Having him as our head coach is a sheer tragedy.

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Momentum, man. Momentum.

We're still in the Clippers' momentum. LMAO

4. BAM

BAM Member

hire scott brooks
    he needs to come home!

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

You are kidding right?

6. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Sorry, dude ...

[​IMG]

7. hoopball

hoopball Member

McFail is not qualified enough to coach a high school basketball team, let alone a NBA one.

8. ibm

ibm Member

i dont really care because i dont know much inside stuff of the coaching staff.

one thing puzzled me in the past 2 games tho. where was the 'pressure chris paul and make him work' part while he's on the court in the game plan? dude got like 12 assists last night.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

All right. I'm on board. I can't defend McHale any longer. last night was the straw that broke the camels back. To lose exactly the same way 2 games in a row is unacceptable. There were no adjustments other than starting the stupid hacking early in the 1st quarter. And when it was clearly hurting his own team, he continued it.

I appreciate what he's done up to this point. He out-coached Carlisle in the first round. But it's now painfully obvious to me that this is as far as he can take them.

I don't know that he'll get fired. I'd be surprised if they did. I also don't know who you bring in that will do better. But it's time to move on.

10. adoo

adoo Member

yip

nope; it's just that Rox has a much better roster

11. torocan

torocan Member

The Mavs were imploding from Rondo drama, and Parsons was injured and out of the line up. And once Rondo was suspended, they came out with a much more competitive game.

They weren't out-coached, they were fighting a 2-front war. One against the Rockets, the other against Rondo.

12. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

<iframe src='http://streamable.com/e/ol3q' width='560' height='300' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling='no'></iframe>

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Enough with blaming Le$ for McHale's shortcomings

Yes Le$ is cheap but this is all ON MOREY

McFail was Morey's hand picked choice to begin with and Morey decided to give him an extension because he is a puppet head coach who will roll out Morey dysfunctional Moreyball offense.

Morey has batted for McHale several times during his tenure as COY blah blah blah when the knowledgeable fans here know regular season is fools gold and zero indictment of McHale as a coach.

We are the joke of the NBA.

1 person likes this.
  14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I never have agreed with this thread until now. McHale and the entire coaching staff deserves to be fired.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Morey hired McHale because he considered him a "leader of men". It seems Morey's vision of a coaching staff is the head coach is a CEO/leader type, and I'm guessing the assistants take care of the Xs and Os.

Assuming this, the big issue with the coaching then are the assistants. They are responsible for the in-game strategy/adjustments and clearly they are letting us down.

Let's face it, Les won't fire McHale 6 months after getting him an extension. It'll be an egg on the Rockets' organization's face.

Morey needs to throw a bunch of money at the best available assistants out on the market.

I don't think Doc Rivers is particularly strong as an in-game coach either, but his assistant staff is massive. There might be something to that.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The embarrassment of firing a coach after handing him a 3-year extension is frankly nothing compared to the embarrassment of the Rockets' performance in this series. I would hope Les and Morey share that sentiment.

As for this "hiring better assistants" plan, well they tried that last summer and no one wanted to come here. Most assistants who are really good at coaching tend to hold out for head coaching gigs. We ended up striking out all offseason and winding up with T.R. Dunn.

IMO that's a bandaid for a shotgun wound. If it's clear that McHale is so inept that he needs a team of a great assistant coaches to make up for his shortcomings, then he's probably not the right guy for head coach.

17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

After 2 years of having harden and howard, mchale hasn't drawn up plays to counter doc of zoning harden. have players cutting and backdoor on clippers or at least have some type of movement. the players are always stationary and we repeat the play of harden doing the PNR and the defensive player helping doesn't respect his man and doubles harden every single time. it's absurd that we have had no adjustment. why do we always switch a small onto a big when the opposing teams run PNR? it leads to points almost every single time. our players run behind screens and instead of over and reddick is taking advantage. it makes no sense on how we have had no adjustments over the last couple of years and in this playoff series.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This series has gone so bad that drastic changes need to be made starting with letting McHale go. This team just has no direction. Morey needs to also do a better job of putting a team together or he needs to be gone too but the first move is getting rid of McHale and getting some direction to this team.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Morey does deserve a lot of heat. As much as McHale sucks, it's not his fault he's been saddled with a team designed to score on the fastbreak, get to the foul line, and shoot 3-pointers....that has a roster with only one playmaker, 4 horrible foul shooters and 2 mediocre ones, and no pure shooters.

You have 2 ways of winning in the NBA. Either design a system around the talent you've got. Or acquire players who fit the system you want to implement. Morey's trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Something needs to be done. This team is too far away from being a contender; "organic growth" won't cut it.

McHale won't be fired, even if we lose game 5 by 70 points. So it will have to be something else that's changed.

1 person likes this.