1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/8/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2015.

1. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

You're saying talk is cheap when harden was asked a question? He is required to answer. What would you have him do in that situation? Sounds like you're kinda being an ass

2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Another one disagreeing with me, right...ZZZZ. But they didn't quit...he's not saying that. It's strictly about showing some pride.

3. Mattician

Mattician Member

I have very little interest in this series now.

This better not be the Rockets' core next year. Major off-season changes please.

4. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I would have him say we were embarrassed and played poorly and suggest he actually lead his team instead of being a casual observer. And just for the record, he is NOT required to answer...saw a coach 3 times tonight not answer a question and say next question. Don't know where that makes me an ass.Some people want to dish it but aren't very good on the receiving end.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Jay this is exactly what I was eluding to in another thread. Harden has to put this team on his shoulder by balling all out from the jump. Can't wait until the 2nd half because things can get a little to sticky. And guess what, it did exactly that. Got out of hand real quick.

Agreed Josh needs to hurry up and get out his funk. Jones needs to stop going up so weak. He missed a lot of point blank layups because he was intimidated by Jordans presence. We need Brewer to give up that spark he's giving us since we acquired him.
    Finally Mchale needs to really drive in his team heads DEFENSE. We are making it too easy for the Clippers. They are getting every shot they want out there.

6. dawesome

dawesome Member

Feel exactly the same.... i was feeling sad, angry, dissapointed, shocked....but now...numb:(

7. WestendMassive

An actual lights-out three point shooter would be nice. Not someone who used to be a gunner like Terry, but someone that is automatic from the arc is really needed.

8. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

If this will not get a coach fired, I don't know what will, just not adjustments made. Also, a lot of this is on the players, mainly Harden who just did not respect the outside shooters. Howard was also way off on his timing and let himself be taken out of the game, because they packed the lane and he just wasn't boxing out, only boxing, grabbing and jabbing with all their bigs. No leadership on this team, it's time to pack it in.

9. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

Do you really think that's reflective of how he played tonight? Be honest.

10. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I cannot explain how embarrassing it is that the Rockets have allowed Austin Rivers to go off on them in two of three games in this series so far. They're making this scrub look like an all-star, smh.

11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

AUSTINSANITY

12. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

But who's going to guard Austin GOAT Rivers?

13. hoopball

hoopball Member

it might sound crazy but my expectation has gotten so low to the point that all i want is for the Rockets to not lose in this blowout fashion. i don't even expect them to win, just don't get slaughtered, plz.

14. dianelo

dianelo Member

Has any team in the playoff history ever fired a coach in the middle of a series?

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This series was lost Game 1.

We had a chance to compensate for it with a Game 2 blowout win, but the opposite nearly happened.

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Sadly, true

It appears all Game 2 did was prevent the sweep.

17. rockets13champs

We still havent played rockets basketball all series

18. RyanB

RyanB Member

You mean all playoffs

Same old thing man

if Mc Fail is not fired after this series he'll never be fired

19. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

We need to play with some fire. This team looks like it's in the middle of the season, not fighting to make the western conference finals.

They haven't really played Rockets basketball this entire playoffs. The Mavs were a much inferior team, and although the Rockets played well in stretches, they gave up a ton of points and had stretches where they couldn't do anything offensively or defensively. However, they pulled it out in 5 with some good play when it mattered.

This series, let's face it - they've been atrocious. What has happened to our 3 point shooting? We aren't hitting any of our open shots that we hit all season. It's like I now assume they are going to miss as soon as they shoot it. No defensive fire besides Howard, but he can't do everything. And also Harden needs to be more aggressive. He should be carving up JJ Reddick. His stats look fine - 25 points 11 assists on 50% or whatever, but your team needs you more than ever, man. Put them on your back like the greats do..

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The Rockets are a top 8 team. Unfortunately, they are not a top 4 team.

That is just the way it is. it will take a bigger miracle than any in the past to win this series. They are simply outmatched.