1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 5/8/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2015.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You can play with all the heart you want to but if you keep going under screens and leaving Redick and Rivers open, they will continue to make shots. No matter how hard you play you have to play smart. Playing smart beats playing hard.

Motivating the troops is part of the coaches job too. Obviously when the Clippers blew it open the team lost a bit of their will, that's natural. It should have NEVER came to that though. Should have regrouped the team at all costs, even if it took sitting players and hacking Deandre...you have to do something there and not just watch your team flail out there and give up a playoff game.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Way to show a sense of urgency, James. And when you don't win on Sunday, then what?

"Well, we're still alive. It's not over yet. We still get to go home for Game 5."

3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

And this makes my point EXACTLY....casual attitude. Talk is cheap...you have to actually PLAY. We have played ONE HALF in this series...maybe 3 qtrs. We are a 3 point team that is not hitting shots. Inside game...if it's not PNR say with Smith to Dwight...NOT happening. Post game...uhhh no !

4. moose

moose Member

this team loves playing from behind this series.

5. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

I think rockets are going to win the next game and lose the next two. Clippers in six.

6. AuburnRocket

Effort, something I've seen LITTLE of, will overcome a lot of mistakes. Is DJ better than Dwight ? Nope...but he damn sure got offensive rebound after offensive rebound. Why ? Because he WANTED the ball more than Dwight. 3's by Redick and Rivers ? A lot easier when they are open shots...hello effort. Griiffin going down the middle for slams....hello effort....wide open paint. I respect your take...and McHale is suspect but he is NOT why we have lost 2 of 3 in CONVINCING fashion. Again, it's just opinions..different ones at that.My case is bolstered by 2 of 3 absolute blow out games.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Just a terribly coached team with another embarrassing effort for the 2nd time already this round. We had the same record as this team this season, we should not be getting blown out in these games. Just pathetic and disappointing.

Oh you KNOW I'm rooting for the winner of the Warriors/Grizzlies series next round, I want the Clippers to get obliterated.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Rockets are giving up a whopping 116 points per game to the Clippers in this series. Gross.</p>&mdash; Daniel Gotera (@DTGoteraKHOU) <a href="https://twitter.com/DTGoteraKHOU/status/596917198519545856">May 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Rockets are 27 of 92 (29%) from 3 pt range this series. Game 1 (11-33), Game 2 (5-26), Game 3 (11-33). Live by the 3...well, you know...</p>&mdash; Daniel Gotera (@DTGoteraKHOU) <a href="https://twitter.com/DTGoteraKHOU/status/596918924182036480">May 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard: &quot;We laid an egg tonight.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/596922108707373056">May 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

9. AuburnRocket

This is what I see as regards our Rockets also. I do have a gut that Memphis beats GS though.

10. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

The rockets have to win game 4...
    Ariza on Paul
    Brewer on redick
    .. Let Johnson take some minutes .. I think he can guard rivers.
    Put Dorsey in for hack a Jordan
    These type of adjustments got to be made.
    I don't tgink mchale know what he is doing. He is doing the same **** since game 1

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah man Deandre Jordan is one of the best rebounders in the NBA. Him and Dwight were going head to head all night and many times he just edged out. He jumps higher than Dwight, some times Dwight gets the better of him and vice versa.

3s by anyone was the same exact thing. Bad rotations and going under the screen over and over again. No amount of effort will overcome that mistake because it's a mistake in the first place and puts the player in the wrong position to even contest the shot. Our defense had no shot tonight.

Also, motivating is part of a coach's job too. Want to know my prime example? The Warriors last year and the Warriors this year. In fact Curry credited Kerr for always keeping them focused and motivated. It was a skill of Phil Jackson.

You never see a JVG/Thibs coached defense slack off. You may get that under 10 times per year. That's not a coincidence that well coached teams always play hard too.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

James Harden's fire or heart are the reasons for this, or I mean so I hear.

13. houseofglass21

Reddick is the Barea of the Clippers...annoying little white guy who torches us

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

What if they do win. Stfu. Get off his nuts

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Talk is cheap? He was answering a question not tweeting u fool.

16. AuburnRocket

With all due respect, tell me how many screens we went under in game 1 ? Truth is 50/50 balls have gone to DJ. Think I'm kidding ? Go back and look. Dwight had 12 rebounds at half and I think 14 pts....how many rebounds did he end with ? Let's be honest...Dwight couldn't buy a rebound (especially defensive end). Jordan rammed it down his throat most times.

Coaches don't make players QUIT playing.My prime example is getting our ass handed to us in 2 games. Averaging giving up 116 pts. I think I saw. We can't put our foot on a team's throat and make them want to quit...yet they can us. Mark this somewhere and we''ll see if tis is repeated. If you quit once, you'll quit again. I hate saying it but it's true I'm afraid.

17. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

We really let Austin Rivers go for 10-13.

18. AuburnRocket

A post game Q/A is "talk" ...people talk audibly. Fool...really. Let's let you go on record..what happens in Game 4 ? Don't tweet...talk here. Don't understand the need for calling me a fool but I'll hang up and listen here.

19. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Even worse than the game is people still deabting with AuburnRocket hahahaha

20. AuburnRocket

I don't know this for a fact but I'm betting you were on the debate team..right ?