1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Mar 26, 2013.

1. TheJet

TheJet Member

I totally understand that not everyone reacts the same way to certain things. But damn, the stuff people get offended at sometimes baffles me. I spent years watching Wile E. Coyote getting anvils dropped on him, and Elmer Fudd getting blasted with his own shotgun. Are those cartoons considered poor taste now? I get that Dallas fans were ticked off at the loss and were probably looking to lash out but people outside the immediate rivalry with complaints are just silly.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Smh. No need for that kind of stupidity. Whoever made that tweet needs to get suspended pronto. Its not their personal twitter, its a representation of the entire organization and all of its employees.

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Good thing Capela wasn't shooting the gun from the free throw line or the horse would still be alive.

Those free throw attempts were offensive.

4. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Usually I'm a champion of the "grow up and stop being offended at everything" mentality. I wasn't offended by that tweet, but admittedly my first thought was "ummmmmmm...this may be a mistake".

5. TheJet

TheJet Member

I totally get that. It might have been on the wrong side of unprofessional but the backlash sounded like people were watching that scene in the Godfather.

Which, come to think of it, might have been a good tweet for me last night :eek::grin:

6. Victorious

Victorious Member

i hate how PC we are now that a Sports Basketball team can't poke fun at each other with cartoon symbols!!!! Even though I hate that they did, they had to apologize and take it back because of a certain group of people who have nothing better to do than to find stuff to get fake angry about.

What a bunch on miserable and uptight a-holes

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I thought it was funny. Nothing insensitive about it.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

probably true, but a video of prison ass rape would have definitely been overboard

or do people think we respect them more than the tweet indicates? interesting theory.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Rockets org apologized, that is enough, and shows they care enough to issue an apology and delete it.

DD

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i would have liked to see 'my little pony' with a fishing rod between the hoofs

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Anyone who was offended by a couple of emojis on a basketball team's twitter needs to GTFO of this country.

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@HoustonRockets</a> Not very classy but we still wish you guys the best of luck in the next round.</p>&mdash; Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) <a href="https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/593246832295182337">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IT was totally classy when Cuban said 'That's not a very good team over there' . you get stomped and then you ask for sportsmanship Dallas? Go **** yourselves.
    <iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

2 people like this.
  13. Nero

Nero Member

There's a difference between being offensive and being unprofessional. They are not necessarily one and the same, and it is disingenuous of people to conflate the two.

Was the tweet 'offensive'? Yes, but on a scale of 1 - 10, it was pretty low, like maybe a 2.

However, was it 'unprofessional'? Absolutely.

And it was definitely classless.

There were about a million other things which would have been better to tweet on the *Official Twitter Account of the Houston Rockets Organization*. And I'm sure that as soon as Morey or whoever else in charge saw it, they jumped on a phone and told the drunk twitter/blogger/whatever dude to delete it immediately.

Because it was beneath the club, it was beneath the players, it was beneath the city of Houston, and it was beneath MOST of the Rockets fans.

I say MOST, but yeah, special kudos to the mensa member running around leaving anonymous rep messages of '*** off' when anyone criticized the tweet.

You stay classy, anonymous internet warrior.

14. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

This is freaking hilarious. I understand why they took it down but it was hilarious. If Cuban wouldn't have made those comments and it wasn't the freaking Mavericks I would have a problem with it.

15. likestohypeguy

Without those emojis it could have been interpreted with a whole different meaning, and would have taken more than an apology tweet to fix.

16. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

It's twitter....

17. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

JUST LOOK AT THE FLOWERS MAVS...JUST LOOK AT THE FLOWERS!

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Ha I think we're thinking of the same thing. If i didn't see the emojis either I took it for something completely different and worse.

19. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>
    Shhhhhh.
    Just close your eyes. It will all be over soon.</p>&mdash; Gregory Popovich (@FakeCoachPop) <a href="https://twitter.com/FakeCoachPop/status/593290470588952577">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dallas will never get to tend the rabbits.