1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers or Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 28, 2015.

?

Who would you rather play in the 2nd round?

1. LA Clippers

276 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. SA Spurs

322 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Lol ignorant poster

2. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

Spurs are looking scary. I'll take the Clips, please.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well said, I do not see anyone beat those Spurs easily. Darn it.

They peek at the right time, close out at the right time, do not get injured at the right time, outcoach at the right time.....

Realized I hate them that much

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

FIXED....

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Spurs ain't losing. We'll be facing them. Better practice up our free throws...

6. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Duncan has the most defensive win shares ever career wise. The fact he never won DPOY is a joke.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Both teams have matchup advantages and disadvantages with us. I honestly don't think it matters who we play.

8. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Play the Spurs Cause Rockets match up better.

CP3 would kill us all day long and its yet to be seen if Jones can Guard Blake

9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Still 101-104...closest vote I've seen on here in awhile

10. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Clippers due to their free throw difficulties so we can atleast pay it forward on the hack a whoever.

11. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

It's impossible to calculate those percentages accurately.

12. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Two things I didn't factor in when I voted Spurs. 1) Doc Rivers is the 2nd worst coach remaining in playoffs behind Wittman and 2) the Clippers are huge chokers. Please God let us play the Clippers.

13. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Dude. GTFO out the Rockets forum.

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

Clippers or Spurs?
    I feel like the Rockets have matched up better against the Spurs the past two or three years. We have played them much better than we have against the Clippers. That makes me feel like I would rather play the Spurs. But the Spurs in the playoffs, with Popavich, are a completely different animal. Plus we know that Pop would hack-a-rocket and there is nothing I hate more than watching that. So then I feel like I would rather us play the Clippers. But the Clippers flop and whine and complain so much. And their two best positions (PG and PF) are probably our two worst positions. We haven't played very well against them and they just really annoy me.

Neither one of them is a very good choice.

So I don't think I really care. I hope that they go all the way to game 7 and that they wear each other out over the next couple of games. Then I hope that we beat which ever one we do end up playing- in 5 games again!

15. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Damn this series will only go 6 games now.

16. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

You think they should just give the guy a DPOY out of pity? If the dude is consistently 2nd or 3rd or heck even top 10 in the league then he will definitely end up with great career numbers but doesn't mean he is the best overall defensive player of the year

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Exactly this.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It kind of works when the shooter you're hacking is as bad as DeAndre Jordan (~40% is when it starts to become effective, especially when you're as efficient offensively as the Clippers).

... But it will not work on the Rockets. Not as long as Dorsey isn't in the game, at least. Pop can hack Smith and Dwight as much as he wants. In fact, I really HOPE he does. They'll miss plenty, but they'll make more than enough to make it ineffective. Not to mention all the other consequences of the strategy.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>
    Shhhhhh.
    Just close your eyes. It will all be over soon.</p>&mdash; Gregory Popovich (@FakeCoachPop) <a href="https://twitter.com/FakeCoachPop/status/593290470588952577">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

If you thought Aminu did a good job? Green/Leonard will do just as good, if not better on Harden.
    Parker/Mills/Joseph will run circles around whoever Houston trots out. [Sorry, can't switch Ariza or Brewer here as you might, like say against LAC]
    Howard vs. Duncan? LOL Okay.
    Pop will hack the hell out of Howard/Smith/Capella/Jones
    But hey, go get it! :)