1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE TREVOR ARIZA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StonesRunIt, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Long 2s are one thing, but long 2s off the dribble early in the shot clock? Come on, Ariza. I expect better from you.

Also, as I'm sure everyone has noticed throughout the year, Ariza is a surprisingly poor finisher. So when he's missing layups and taking bad shots, his defense needs to be AMAZING to make up for it.

2. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Ariza has been okay so far, but defense is definitely not up to par but that goes for the whole team. Just awful, not mentally prepared.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Honestly.. He's been better than I expected this season...

But he's a frustrating player to watch,his drives always look so awkward. And his bricks...

4. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

disappointing so far. i can live with the miss threes, but blown layups, r****ded long 2's early in the clock (or at any point really) and bad defense. horrible.

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

He was useless last night. When he is bricking he usually makes up for it with solid D but Monta has been running roughshod on him the last two games as well. Ariza kind of looked like he was there in body only last night. He looked pretty embarrassed in locker room interview last night so hopefully he will come out with a better effort tomorrow night.

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Arica never had the body conrtol to finish hard. It's all about confidence. He is tall, strong and athletic enough to do it. Brewer finishes stronger because he got that swag. That's about my only reservation with Ariza at this time.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Ditto. Ariza was one of many that played like s***. Only Josh Smith came to play. Harden was awful. Same with Dwight, Pridge, Terry, Brewer, Jones. The whole team played like they weren't ready. Hopefully they've learned to take the playoffs seriously. There are no bad teams, there are no days off. Just win.

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

Hopefully the film review and coaches will tell him to just shoot the wide-open 3 in rhythm, without hesitation.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm less upset at his offense and more upset that his defense has been lacking this series.

10. SachaShakur

SachaShakur Member

seriously, you realise where we would be without Ariza ?
    He's definitely a huge upgrade over Parsons...

11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Wtf Brewer played great. Smith was awful until the 4th Q. Even still, he got over confident with the 3s.

12. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Why does this thread even exist? It's such a disgrace for what he has done this season for this team. He is NOT one of our two Superstars, so to expect him to play like one all the time is ridiculous. He has good games, a few great ones and of course some bad ones as well. That's why we only pay him 8 million a year instead of 15 to 22 million a year.

13. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Going back I wish we would've signed Paul Pierce instead of Ariza at SF for the Rockets. He's playing on another level for the Wizards and hitting almost 60% for 3s.

14. onreego

onreego Member

To be fair, he's been caught defending out of position a lot.

I was more irritated with him running the break and not passing it off earlier. His shooting with the exception of the beginning of game 1 has been terrible.

15. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I agree. He hadn't even missed yet and he was second guessing whether to shoot or not. Weird. I wonder if he had a bad warm-up.

16. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Harden and Pierce guarding the twos and threes of this league...

:rolleyes: we're much better off with Threeza. He just has to hit his open shots, which he has proven the ability to do on the biggest stage before

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

He's having a nice run, but there is no way in hell we finish 2nd in the west with Pierce at the 3 and our injuries. Dude was mediocre during the regular season.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

When Josh Smith is the only one who came to play, we have a lil problem.

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

oh man no

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

When Ariza starts bricking he can build a skyscraper, because keeps bricking, and keeps bricking....