1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chandler Parsons said he will have surgery. He will find it details on what the surgery will entail next week.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/591310260121513986">April 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Parsons said there is no tear or structural damage to his knee but that's it not getting better and will require surgical repair.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/591310490074222593">April 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Parsons said that if it hadn't been again the Rockets, he would not have played in Game 1.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/591316040941993984">April 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chandler Parsons said he would have had to have surgery on his right knee whether he played in Game 1 or not.</p>&mdash; Eddie Sefko (@ESefko) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/591310513038041088">April 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Still not sure exactly what kind of procedure, but no structural damage. Kind of a &quot;clean-out&quot; procedure, Parsons said.</p>&mdash; Eddie Sefko (@ESefko) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/591310632349212672">April 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No surgery date has been set yet for Chandler Parsons. And he doesn't know yet if he'll be ready for the start of training camp next season.</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/591312374004654082">April 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;I've tried every possible thing to try and play with rehab and rest and different treatments, and nothing's worked.&quot; -- Chandler Parsons</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/591313792161701890">April 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;I have a couple of options to go over with doctors next week and make a decision next week on what I'm going to do.'' -- Chandler Parsons</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/591314299840266240">April 23, 2015</a></blockquote>

#2621 J.R., Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Sounds like a huge mess, where CP has wayyy too much control. None of it makes ANY sense.

He says he played, knowing he needed surgery anyway? So he risked blowing out his knee and a future deal over it? His career? Is he really that stupid?

Mavs cleared him, after ONE successful practice because he basically lied about how he was feeling. Both were incredibly stupid there.

And how did he know he needed surgery before? He got all that checked on behind.their back? Or the Mavs knew AND still cleared him?

So now he's having surgery to fix something that they dont know of, when he has no structural damage? Really?

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

It definitely played a role.

Looking back at the time line, Parsons face was like a balloon when we saw those pictures he signed the contract with Cuban in the nightclub.

Then he proceed to play poorly in the USA team camp and got cut - that was after PG got hurt and even KD pulled out, obviously he was in very bad shape.

Then when the season started, RC called him fat and created a storm in Dallas and eventually RC had to say sorry to Cuban new favorite player.

When you get richer, has more other things to do, more entertainments and joys to spend your money, but on the other hand, the expectation and work responsibilities are getting bigger and bigger,

the result is hardly a surprise.

4. i3artow i3aller

5. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Darn.

Check out my signature.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I hate defending Parsons...but the guy was probably about 12-14% body fat, despite the weight gain. Hardly fat. He even posted that shirtless picture after RC's comments. He was working out throughout the off season, so I doubt he was really out of shape. More like, he wasn't able to move as quickly as when he weighed less, which affected his play. He has no post/inside game, so having the extra weight wasn't as helpful, as he thought he would be.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rushed back just to get 'petty payback'.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's embarrassing on his part

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Wishing the kid the best in his recovery. Never want to see a competitor not be able to play up to his standards. It wouldve been nicer to see a healthy Parsons get beat.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

In his head. Well done Toyota Center crowd.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

What a stupid, arrogant, little *****. I'm not sorry he got hurt. I would've been more than happy for him to get a good contract but he burned bridges by disrespecting the team and city who embraced the "diamond in the rough" find of the second round.

Parsons should enjoy the rest of his contract. He'll never got one as large with his broken down body.

[​IMG]

Someone photoshop Chandler's face over this.

#2631 Duncan McDonuts, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    2 people like this.
  12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Even though he's a douche, still feel bad for him, never wish injury on anyone.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Soooooo no one in organization knew he had damaged cartilage, needed surgery and should not have played? I call BS on that. If he has actual structural damage to his knee and somehow hid that from team doctors then the Mavs are more poorly run than I believe is possible.

Don't be shocked if he never has surgery. I smell a drama queen.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Anyone catch his latest blunder on FB last night? He's too proud for his own good.

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

what happened?

16. delta69er

delta69er Member

The picture he posted with Jordan spieth that he titled "still champs"?

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He posted this photo with the caption "still winning"

[​IMG]

Obviously, it was interpreted as him saying he's still "winning" despite losing in basketball. He deleted it and uploaded it again with the caption "champ"

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Don't keep us in suspense.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Who caaaaaaares about Parsons anymore?

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Look at my last post

LOL, he actually didn't even delete it, now that i see his album. He just uploaded it again.