1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

790 was actually shaming callers for attempting to call in and talk about the NFL schedule release after last night's exciting win. They all ganged up in a diatribe on people who care about the NFL schedule release. Good.

Morey interview was great today, btw.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

When I listening there were callers wanting to talk about the rockets, but lance was like next segment we will talk about the schedule.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Listening to KUHF this morning, which is not really the go-to station for sports. But, they do a quick 10-second sports news break to report the score of the Astros game. The Astros game. Nevermind the Rockets just won an exciting Game 2 in the playoffs.

4. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

I've Tuned n to 790 a few times in the Last few days and they haven't been talking once about the rockets

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just wrong times then because they've definitely been hitting on the Rockets a lot the last few days.

Morey was on this morning.

6. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

at least it's baseball season right now.
    plus the astros had a late game and came from behind to win.
    definitely worth a mention on the sports shows.

but enough with NFL offseason tomfoolery.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm not sure when you're turning it on. I listen typically in the afternoons and it's been probably 80 - 90% Rockets.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I won't complain about them this morning.

Plenty of Rockets talk by Lance standards but I should not be surprised coming off a big win. Anything less would be disappointing

9. bmd

bmd Member

The NFL is purposely releasing information over the past week to steal some thunder from the NBA. The NFL knows the NBA is going to dominate the sports landscape for the next 2 months, and the NFL wants to cut in on that.

10. plee

plee Member

610 is the Texans radio station and also the Rocket's switched to 790 so they rarely talk Rockets. For better or worst, 790 is the only station that has any coverage. 1560 and 610 are pretty much Texans oriented since they have former players/coaches on most of the shows...

11. bmd

bmd Member

How is it "racist" to impersonate someone in a joking manner?

People think everything is racist now-a-days.

12. hakeemthagreat

The problem i have with nfl/college football is they talk too much about "prospects" and coaches "systems". Its less about players specific abilities. Like they find stupid little sub-topics to make the conversation seem interesting. One day they spent a whole portion of the day talking about quarterback wonderlic scores smh. Wonderlic scores? An imaginary score that absolutely means nothing. In the NBA its more about specific players and matchups. Football talk imo sounds like a bunch over analyzed hogwash with too much unnecessary name dropping (John McClain: rolleyes:). I enjoy watching football more than listening too somebody talk about it

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The NFL draft gets more exposure and attention on a national level than anything that will happen in the NBA playoffs.

The NFL is basically a year-round monster that doesn't care about the other sports. The NBA needs the playoffs to be as exciting as possible to survive, and its not doing a great job so far with all the series being 2-0 with not a single "close" game.

14. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

I'm pretty sure the NFL cares about other sports. If not the next 10-20 years could see it decline in relation to the NBA and European Football

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure... but that would likely be due to them over-stretching/over-exposing/over-saturating themselves... not because the other sports did something to take fans away from them.

The NFL simply needs to be worried about themselves. There isn't another league that's going to come close to cutting into their revenues/viewers.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm listen to Dallas sports talk because they take talking about the series more than Houston. Sad.

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

there is as much italian influence as there is spanish influence in argentina

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Argentinians ont eat with Italian accents. There is no excuse for ignorance. Lance knows what high school a 5 round NFL draft pick came from.

19. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

they need to push the draft back to april.. this is crazy

all we hear is the same crap everyday, jameis winston and his character concerns, mariota and chip kelly. Its turning me off to the NFL really fast

20. Airdough

Airdough Member

Lance doesn't nail every impersonation but he's not doing it from a place of hate.