1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HUBIE BROWN is a pathetic commentator

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NBAandNFLFan, Apr 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Craig Ackerman is the best.

2. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

BazingA !!!

3. Fantasma Negro

Hubie brown he's got all the moves LoL

4. TheresTheDagger

I honestly don't get all the Hubie "hate". He is most certainly not a Rockets hater. About the worst thing you can say about Hubie is he falls in love with players who just made a good play.

I would much rather hear him as color guy than MANY other announcers out there.

5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Hubie is good at breaking down plays but I can't think of too many commentators they give much insight these days (maybe SVG). I think with all the data at your hands you can quickly come to your own conclusions that are probably better informed than the eye test commentary we often get on ESPN/TNT. But Hubie ain't so bad - you can do a LOT worse.

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I meant JVG but you guys probably already knew that

7. RESINator

RESINator Member

Ehh... you guys would rather listen to Bill Worrell?

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Agree. He just annoys me.

9. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

meh dont really have an issue with him hes just old

11. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Thought ESPN was fine tonight as they weren't trying to drive a story; unusual for them. Tirico and Hubie were very balanced and fair which is all you can ask for. Hubie tends to talk too much at times, but he has some insights...liked the one where he said that what Cuban (or others) say doesn't matter inside the locker room and he called out Dirk as another poster said for "acting."

Kind of surprising really and a nice change of pace from ESPN.

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

what's wrong with you people

13. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

He's better than almost everyone in the business besides maybe JVG. Can't complain

14. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

I laughed when Hubie was saying the Rockets miss DMOs reboundin.

15. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

He's always been like that. But it's like he's cheering/coaching against the Rockets.

16. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

i was somewhat annoyed by his comments. seemed to be against us most times.

17. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Coach of the Year two times, 26 years differential.

ABA champion

Stop bulls****ing people. Amare stepped on the floor in second quarter with one goal: win the position inside Rockets paint - receive the ball - find a way to force Dwight's 3rd PF to change the culture of this game & he did in just two minutes. Achievement unlocked, Dallas made a comeback, so he did well

18. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Hubie groaned out loud everytime we hit a 3 or when Dallas committed a turnover...if you think he was unbiased tonight you need to gtfo of this bbs. You people are idiots.

Bill Worrell is allowed to be biased towards the Rockets; he works for them. These espn commentators are not supposed to openly root for either team and everytime Dallas would make a comeback you could blatently hear him say "There ya GO!" Its ridiculous.

19. knowidea

knowidea Member

so white knight after you watch the ESPN broadcast instead of jumping to conclusions about people's comments

I get being impartial, but he just sounds like someone going off memorized scripts of commentary from the years. Awhile back, I noticed he give pseudo-compliments. Its like he doesn't even watch games and just goes off something he was told or read, pregame.

I recall a few times in the past he stated how Dorsey was a great ball handler down low and can something something. I forget all what he said, but it was something about him having good hands. Then a few other times he was making praises which made absolutely no sense, and I was like, 'has this guy even watched us?' He doesn't do it all the time, but often. And I'm sure when he is accurate, its just the stats he goes off of.

20. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

I dont think he has watched alot of us...he said that we had two good trades when we traded for Brewer and when we traded for Josh Smith :confused: