1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] X-Factor: The Impact of Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GBRocket, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

Please change it to: ''X-Factor - Chandler Parsons.

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Did not have a good night. Needs to show up Friday and the rest of the season and post-season.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nice 2 year bump. :)

The X-Factor before the X-Factor?! :eek::p

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Nice bump lol.

And yea he might be the X factor now. Howard playing well, Smith playing decently but you know what you're gonna get from him, good all-around stats with some totally boneheaded plays.

We need to get more than 2 points and 0 rebounds from Terrence Jones in most games to win, let alone the playoffs.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dang, I had high hope for Jones with DMo out. Hope he bounces back on Friday.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

X- as in no-show, missing in action.

May still not be 100%

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This was quite possibly the worst game Jones has played this year. Hope he bounces back.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he's been awful since he came back from injury, which makes me think he didn't come back entirely healthy

9. basketballholic

X-Posed.

Again.

Not big enough to bang with bigs.

Not skilled enough to be a difference maker in half-court.

Nothing has changed here.

The Spurs are a deep team. They know how to handle the rock. Their second unit doesn't go nervous nelly and turn the ball over. Our second unit, consisting of Smoove/Jones at the big spots predicates its success on getting turnovers and runouts. As you clearly saw last night, when they don't get turnovers/bad shots and can't get out in transition they are very, very bad.

Jones was flat overpowered by Diaw and the rest of the Spurs bigs and Splitter didn't even play. He is overmatched. Make all sorts of excuses about him being hurt. It's not going to change the fact that he's undersized and not skilled enough in the half-court game come playoff time.

Didn't you see them try to bait him into taking 3-pointers? Didn't you see them just fade off him and pack the paint when he was dribbling around outside? Guys, that kills our spacing. And spacing is vital to our success, ESPECIALLY the success of the starting unit.

Jones hurts this team in half-court basketball. If we don't turn the opponent over and get out in transition he has no value. He can't rebound his position nor defend his position effectively against playoff/championship contenders. He cannot effectively create space offensively against championship contenders.

Nothing has changed from last year. Except X-Posed. More teams know the deal with him. He'll have an even worse playoffs this year unless he gets transition opportunities.

#129 basketballholic, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

W-Factor

11. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Jones had very good games against Spurs last year, so this is all bs

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ssshhhhhh . . .let him have it. . . .he has been waiting patiently for a bad game so he can unload

Go on . . ballaholic. . . . . let it all out

Rocket River

13. basketballholic

Nothing to let out. The truth is staring you right in the face. Go ahead. There's not a pink elephant. He's the second best player on the team. We're gonna win a championship anyway, right?

14. basketballholic

Yeah I think we swept them too, didn't we? How did I miss that parade?

Talk about bs. This line of reasoning is bs.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Without question. It is like he didn't play.

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Do not listen to _asketballhollic period.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What line of reasoning?

He has had good games against the Spurs in the past... it's factual.

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

dude, DMo is out for the season. there's no one else to play.

19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Yeah. Classic example of a "fan" that would rather be right than win. He has mostly been a double-double since coming back as a starter but let's focus on his one really bad game. Let's call all those good or great ones a fluke and the one really bad one the truth. Go basketballholic, er, I mean Rockets.

20. basketballholic

That is r****ded batman. I'd much rather be wrong and win.
    You are ignoring facts. He's had multiple poor to non-difference making outings. I simply chose not to point it out. I did point out that most of his numbers are accumulated against lottery teams when he has a favorable match up against a backup smaller player. Like Carl Landry for instance. (But that was only because somebody was trying to show I'm wrong about him. I complemented him in that post too.) But you can't extrapolate playoff success from numbers he put up against Sacramento when he's matched against Landry.

The other reason I haven't said anything until now is because he was coming off the bench in tandem with Smith and together with Brewer those guys were creating defensive havoc matched up against other teams benches.

But that's no longer the case with DMO done. Now we've got to start him (instead of using him situationally against opponent reserves that he has the physical advantage over) and he's got to match up against bigger, longer, stronger, and more highly skilled power forwards.

Dude you'd have to be blind to not be able to see he was toast last night. And you'd have to be basketball ignorant not to understand why.

Take all that crap and flush it. My posts are strictly about what it takes to win a championship. I don't care who we have to change out on this roster and I don't have any player preferences on this team other than having players in the right roles for this team to win. It's guys like you that blindly trumpet Terrence's numbers to us every time he puts up a double digit stat that are living for Terrence's success over the teams success. Get off the Terrence bandwagon and get on the Championship Team bandwagon.

#140 basketballholic, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015