1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Dallas] Mavericks hope to face Rockets in first round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Apr 3, 2015.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't say people say its meaningless, it just might feel like it if you flame out and don't show up when it matters. I seriously don't know what I'll say if the rockets get booted as a 2nd seed...those type of scenarios make the RS hype feel worse.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Definitely don't disagree with you at all. The Rockets have to perform in the playoffs if they want to ever be taken seriously. Not sure where it'd rank in terms of disappointment with the Rockets, but it sure would be up there.

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

10,000+ views in a day... wow. You crazy Dallas fans be up on our forum. GTFO.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The best road map to the finals. We stay at the 2 seed. Status quo for everybody. We bear Dallas. Memphis beats the Spurs. We beat Memphis. Winner of Houston vs. GS plays the Cleveland in the finals.

5. Dreamshake_34

Dreamshake_34 Member

I'd rather not see kawhi leonard vs harden match up.

6. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

this is the best scenario we can hope for, except I would much rather play Atlanta in the finals than Cleveland. We played the hawks very close in both games and I believe one was without Harden...and honestly, we should have won both of those games.

I don't know how we would fare against a fully healthy Cleveland team with the subtraction of Beverley to guard Kyrie, we could be in a lot of trouble. Last time we played them (they were without Kyrie and LeBron had a terrible game) we barely won the game.

7. TheGoldenGreek

I don't think you're being totally fair in your analysis. While it's true Cleveland was down Kyrie, the Rockets won without Dwight. I can see the concern matching up with Kyrie without Bev but that is offset by us having a hopefully healthy Dwight back by then. Also Ariza deserves a lot of the credit for LeBron's "terrible game." LeBron has also historically not performed well in Houston for whatever reason. Not to mention we are 2-0 against them this year.

8. arubato

arubato Member

No. Spurs should go 5th and face the Warriors in the 2nd round. The Spurs might beat GSW and we have a better chance against the Spurs than the Warriors.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You are correct in that Atlanta would be the preferable match up in the finals, but odds makers probably have the Cavaliers to make it out of the east.

10. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Why not? If Harden is who we think he is he'll rise to the occasion. If not he'll fold. Nothing to be afraid of. I've seen Harden abuse some of the best defenders in this league. Will Kawhii lock him up at times? Yes. But I'm not afraid of that matchup. In fact I want to see it.

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

Only reason I don't want to play Dallas is if we somehow lose, I hate the idea of Parsons getting out of the 1st round beating us, hearing from Mavs fans, and how the GARM will be.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

This matchup just got better for us if Rondo is forced to miss some games with that hyperextended knee.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'd actually rather face Rondo. Basically 4 on 5 on defense.

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Be careful what you wish for.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well at least ESPN is consistent.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

They'll beat us in six if we don't take em to seven? What in the world...

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

same with the other matchups except the GS series.

19. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

home court advantage. i don't find anything shocking from these percentages/predictions.

20. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Don't sleep on SA and Dallas may end up with them anyway, especially if San Antonio beats us twice and ends up in 1st place in our division.

However, I would love playing this version of the Mavericks. Put the broke down 37 yr old Dirk in a pick n roll on D and let James cook him! Let Rondo shoot as much as he wants, jumpers that is.

Revene is a dish best served cold!!!