1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Division title: can it be done?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Feb 28, 2015.

1. txn

txn Member

Rudy Gay :eek::eek::eek::eek: LMAO

We can have Shane Battier hold on the Rudy Gay. No worries. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'd be very impressed if Rudy Gay affected this game considering he's in Sacramento. ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's the TMac Toronto game curse.

4. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Both teams have lost one more than I predicted so far, so still very much possible. I had going 3-2 over the next 5 (losses to Spurs and Thunder), but I think with our injuries, it looks more like 2-3. Need to win tonight though!!

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

I think both teams will have 55 wins and we will be the 3rd seed due to the head to head series disadvantage to Memphis.

6. Play07

Play07 Member

Rockets and grizz have a lot of spotlight on them being up top most of the year but

clippers - are flying under the radar with upcoming games against, nuggets, lakers 1, lakers 2, grizzlies, nuggets, suns.

spurs - never know what's going to happen with them

Rockets - we should take everything one game at a time, a win tonight against dallas would be great! but a L could lead to panic mode. Its just so tight in the west

7. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

I'm pretty sure our head to head series is tied, so the tie breaker is division record

8. HTM

HTM Member

the series is 2-2 breh

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This logic is so silly. If Memphis was down 2 with 5 seconds left, do you really think they operate exactly the same as if it was tied? After blowing a 10-point lead with 5 minutes left? There's a damn good chance they look for a three, feeling like they're in trouble if the game goes to OT. The entire situation changes.

I don't think you "played like crap" if you're in a tie game in the final seconds with the team tied for the No. 2 spot in the loaded West. It was a good game, and an official failed to do his job by missing a point-blank call in the closing seconds.

Frankly, if you're a fan of the NBA product, you should hold the league to a high standard and not come up with excuses for why to let that incompetence slide.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

But he know what would have happened, so your point is mute.

11. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Expected a loss in my prediction then and today, just didn't believe it could happen and for a long time, it looked like we would lose. So glad we showed up, team effort and comeback win is always sweet!! Back in 2nd place :grin::cool:

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Still going to be tough to hang onto home court, let alone the division title--but it just got a bit easier tonight. Keep on rolling, Rox!

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The back to back with the Spurs should be interesting hoping for at least a split.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

If we take the game in OKC and one of the Spurs games we'll be in good shape. If we drop the next few games we may be in trouble for home court. That's just how tight the West is :eek:

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We can beat the Spurs in both games.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

55 wins oughta get it done for home court in the first round. The Rockets should be able to reach that number.

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Memphis has a better Western Conference record breh, therefore they would win the 2nd seed if we ended up with the same record.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Most of our games left are against the West though, so that could still change.

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

You're incorrect about this. The 2nd tie-breaker (after head to head) is your record against division opponents. We're currently ahead of them (they're 8-7, we're 7-6). If we end up with the same division record the tie-breaker will be conference record.

20. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

If I'm not mistaken, since Memphis is in our division, the tie breaker is on who has the better division record, not conference. We currently have 1 less loss, making the Dallas victory all the more important.