1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 3/30/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

MISSING U: Patrick Patterson :p

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

^^ CH faints.

Does McHale like TRob though?

3. onreego

onreego Member

Doesn't D12 hit a free throws at a high percentage in practice?

4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

looks like ariza had time to pass it to a wide open harden or terry on his second heave.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol don't put too much into this loss, we were missing Bev, TJones, Dwight and DMo and even Kpap...4 guys in our initial rotation and 1 guy who got some PT off d bench. With so many impt guys missing it was awesome the game was actually close.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Exactly they're practicing wrong. The pressure of the game should be reflected in practice. D12 has no pressure in practicing free throws in practice lol. It's tough on the nba level to get players to lock in the way you want them to. Popovich I'm pretty sure went through hell until he gained respect through success.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm coming around to seeing it like that but I think the reason I expect so much from this team is because I see how good they are and I know how scary good they could be if they sharpen up on a few areas team wise (free throws/turnovers.) The other scary thing is if we don't sharpen up on those areas plus coaching it could end up being an embarrassing losing outcome.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

that doesnt exist. practicing wrong lol

9. Houston79Astro

Yes our end of the bench frontline is way better then the entire starting frontline of Toronto... We were most likely not going to win this game, so the fact that we almost won is incredible. McHale didn't do the perfect job, so what.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

How many FT did we miss? That's the most frustrating part. And Smith bricked too much. The Raptors without Lowry is just not that good. If we are talking about Championship aspiration, this was the game we needed to win.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

needed to win? with dorsey and capella playing primary minutes as houston's bigs. looks like you definitely needed a reality check

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe src="http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/share.cgi?id=OVZQ9&output=iframe" width=1164 height=577 scrolling=auto>
    Report Created on <a href="http://www.basketball-reference.com/">Basketball-Reference.com</a>
    </iframe>

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Fair to say that the Rockets without Dwight Howard, Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas, and Patrick Beverley are vulnerable as well?

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Have you seen Kevin Mchale coach? He invented it.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

as it stands now 3rd best record in the league. yeah they're definitely practicing wrong. time to rebuild

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

See some of us Houstonians gotta wake up it's not specifically about who we are missing and blaming that on the loss... it's about preparing to gameplan well, make good decisions in close games and be on our game in general for playoffs. In the playoffs teams will be loaded with talent and the pressure will be at its highest but if Mchale gets severely outcoached and as a team we looked lost on plays in crunch time we will fail no doubt about it. Regardless of who is playing and who is out we should be looking like a well oiled machine going into the playoffs and not lost. We are playing for a championship right?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

not with a d-league player in capella or your last big on the bench in dorsey.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm specifically talking about free throw shooting our teams free throw shooting is not 3rd best in the league. If it was our record would look like Golden State's... eventhough we are talented enough to beat them.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

3/5ths of our starting lineup is in street clothes and people act like we should steam roll teams/.

Rocket River

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I guess San Antonio has to set the example again. I know Pop is better than Mchale but our team if they had played more disciplined and under better coaching that was a easy win over Toronto without Lowry they aren't that great dude.