1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Beavis Stiffler

2. tigereye

tigereye Member

WWE got it right. They actually listened to their fans, the boos for Reigns, the cheers for Rollins and they found a way to give us the ending we wanted without Lesnar technically losing at WrestleMania.

Cant believe they got it right. Feels good. Cant wait for Monday Night and the fallout

3. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

Gotta give props to Scolalist. Dude kept saying this was a loaded card but I had my doubts. IMO this was a top 5 WM. I enjoyed it far more than last years. WWE really delivered.

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Great 'Mania, 10 bucks well spent.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Great ending. Rollins is going to be a great champ.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Lucky they pulled up just in time on the Reigns super push. One wise change improves everything.

This way Reigns hasn't won the belt yet, so they can rebuild him without having him get beaten clean. Dude's gonna be a star, but having him win the belt now was a bad idea, needs more seasoning. Lesnar still has his beast momentum, and looks extremely strong, but doesn't have the belt.

Rollins has been the best all year, to simply say he deserves this is an understatement. More importantly fans are happy with him on top, and he is there every week. It's been stupid having the belt off TV. Rumors are that Ambrose is next in line for the big push, him and Rollins at the top could be epic.

Kudos to the E, the build has been an embarrassment, but they pulled it off in the end.

7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

The Good:
    Fatal 4-Way tag match was actually decent. Double Tower-of-Doom spot was nice.

The IC Ladder match was a spot-fest but having D-Bry come out on top was great. Solid opening match with good spots. Bryan should bring prestige to the title, and having all those legends come to congratulate him was great

Divas match actually wasn't terrible. Who'd have thought? Decent for a womens match

Cena/Rusev was solid as well. The springboard stunner was a highlight. Rusev still comes off strong and Cena brings prestige to the US belt.

Wyatt/Taker: For an old dude and a guy wrestling with a ankle injury, this wasn't too bad. All about the psychology and both were great. Loved the sit-up/spider-walk spot. Bray came out looking good, sure to get the Taker rub. And the Deadman showed he still got it

Main Event: What can I say? I thought that WWE was going to do the worst thing possible but they saved it all. They kept the belt off Reigns, which will give him more time to develop/ Brock came off still looking hella strong. Rollins cashed in and stole the belt, becoming the new face of the WWE

The Meh:

Rollins/Orton was fairly run-of-the-mill but the finish was excellent. Felt like it needed more time.

Sting/HHH: I get that it was cool to have DX vs. NWO. But to have Sting lose his first and only match in WWE just seems...off. I shouldn't expect much from The King of Burying himself. Should've had Sting come out on top. Old guys wrestling but they did their best to entertain. Entrances were wack.

The Bad:

The Battle Royal. Itami was squashed. Ryback was squashed. Mizdow turned on Miz only to get thrown out by the Big Slow. I guess they were throwing him a bone but c'mon...it should be used to build on the future.

That 20-30 Minute garbage promo between the Authority and Rock/Rousey. The hell was the point? HHH completely no-sold the beating Sting gave him. Stephanie b****ed and moaned about? Rock came in why? Rousey had no charisma and didn't even put anybody in a armbar. This felt like a huge timewaster. Were they trying to kill time for the sun to set? They pushed back the title match/battle royal for this? Really?

This WM could've been a LOT worst but WWE did a good job turning things around. Nowhere as good as last years but it was definitely not the trainwreck I thought it'd be.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I was thinking they were trying to stall for sunset so that Bray/Taker could have better looking entrances. But Rousey with that Vegeta shirt and at least a dozen "do me" stares was worth it.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

To each their own, but I loved the Rousey segment, it was fun, and the crowd was really into it.

Boy did Rousey look good. She always cleans up well, but she looked particularly good at Mania. Plus The Rock is always fun, don't care how many times I've seen it.

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

SO happy I didn't buy this ****, nor will I download it.

Once RAW finished last week I knew in my gut HHH was going over. ****, if Sting was going to lose and they needed old guys to start a dog and pony show why not have him wrestle Undertaker?

Then the run-ins. Why would NWO save Sting? Why would Nash and Hall go against there best buddies?

I won't waste the gigabytes.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I just want 3 hours of Rousey and Nattie staring at each other on RAw tmrw

12. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

You guys are probably right about the segment. Killed time for sunset and did it's job of giving the fans a break and building up intrigue for a Rousey wrestling match. She was pretty hot but lacked charisma (but that wouldn't be anything new for a Diva lol)

13. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

This was my first wrestling PPV 15+ years. I had a blast! Cena/Rusev and the Divas match were aight, but even they were watchable. Everything else was very compelling.

I'll never forget seeing Ambrose getting power bombed into a ladder. I thought the dude was legit hurt!

I replayed the Rollins cash in a couple of times. Epic finish!

I was surprised Taker won. I thought this might be his last show with him putting Wyatt over big time on his way out. Wondering if they have more in store for Taker. Other than looking winded here/there, he looked strong.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

YAWN What a boring WWE. Rollins having it all is worthless. Dude is a dud with limited wrestling skills. Reigns is a beast.

15. SuraGotMadHops

Nattie has been smokin lately! She wasn't always this hot.

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The crowd was into the Rock segment and that's all that matters. I'm guessing this is also setting up a possible Rock vs HHH match at next Mania...which I plan to attend

17. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

When I saw how long that promo was, I was worried because I thought that the Wyatt/Taker match was called off due to Wyatt's ankle injury earlier that day and they would go from that promo to the main event.

18. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

The nWo helped Sting because he was a member of the nWo in WCW...

[​IMG]

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Lol.

There's really no reasonable explanation for how that match ended.

They should have left it too HHH and Sting, the match was going great

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Limited wrestling skills?

Ugh okay.

Keep cheering for your lame ass former egg ball playing wrestler, Roman Reigns.