1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Who said it was a test. And the Timberwolves are a professional basketball team with some great young talent. Wiggins will be the truth next season.

No they are not, they were trying to win that game against us.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Why are the Rockets reluctant to tell why is Donatas out for at least 1-2 weeks?
    Low back pain is a vague term with no proper medical terminology. What is the medical treatment plan?
    If it is something potentially dangerous, the fans have the right to know what is going on.

I sure hope he will be well soon along with Jones, Bev, and K-Pap.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Just terrible injury luck this season, how can a guy go from having a fantastic game one night in NO to being out 1 to 2 weeks the next day? Unreal.

4. okeezie

okeezie Member

Actually you don't. It's called HIPAA and it applies to every patient whether you play sports or not. If D Mo says he doesnt want any info released then the info cannot be released. You as a fan have a right to nothing. I'm sure in your personal life you would like your health infromation protected as well. And if I was treating you and released your personal info without your consent i could be terminated on the spot. Think about these things when you are getting yourself worked up. The only thing you have the right to know is he aint playing. Anything else is optional and gravy. Period.

PS: As a physical therapist, most referrals I receive from doctors only have a diagnosis of low back pain. Unless you have had an MRI that shows something specific that's all we get. So if low back pain is sufficient enough for a PT, it should be sufficient enough for you as well. If it went into more detail you wouldn't understand it anyway and that was proven when everybody jumped off the ledge about Dwight. There was plenty of detail there and that didn't stop the doom and gloom.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks, I forgot about HIPAA. I used to work as a physician in the US quite a few years ago, myself. The fan came out of me, and marred my thinking process.

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Terence Jones' planned return is at Home vs Kings (1st April), in the first game of Back to back...

...but if we don't blow out the Wizards & give Dwight plenty of rest, there is a possibility of TJ returning on second game of Back2Back vs Toronto on the 30th March to give Dwight his mandatory rest.

Big Papa could surprise us with a return against the Mavs, 2nd April, but my mail is both he & D-Mo will be good to go against OKC on 5th April, getting ready for our possible 1st round opponent The Spurs, on the 8th & 10th.

Beverley is still about seven days away from having his wrist 're-evaluated'...
    Rockets are hoping surgery can be put off until after the season to fix his wrist.

Plan is, God willing, we will be 100% rested, recovered & ready for the Playoffs.

#Pursuit

7. delishman

delishman Member

You've sure had a pulse in the know lately.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The Rockets have played as well without Dwight Howard this season as with him, based on wins and losses.

Now that Dwight is back and Motiejunas is out, will Howard be able to fill the gap that Motiejunas has left by being out? In terms of wins and losses, that is.

9. omgTHEpotential

I know you're trying to be cheeky here, but it's not Dwights job to fill that gap. It's on other PFs in our rotation.

10. nolenium

nolenium Member

I know you didn't mean to imply or outright state that DMo is anywhere near as valuable or productive as Dwight Howard has the current capability to be...

Yesterday's game almost brought tears of joy to my eyes, because we almost started my picks for an amazing starting rotation, regardless of injury (Prgioni, Harden, Ariza, Smith, Howard).

Watching the seamless play between DH and Smith, on both ends of the court, was a thing of beauty at times.

DMo is what he is for now, and hopefully will be played as such in the playoffs - a really excellent backup PF that will scare the bejesus out of any comers. Great post moves, wonderful hook shot, crisp passing ability, mediocre defensive rotations and defensive IQ, subpar rebounding and nonexistent rim protection.

Basketball is a 2-way street. Harden figured it out. Smith and Howard exemplify that. Ariza is the personification of the idea.

11. PeppermintCandy

Really glad to hear Smith and Howard showed good chemistry together.

My ideal front-court rotation would be Smith/Howard starting with Jones/Dmo coming off the bench, and Dorsey as a defensive option. That's as good as this team can offer, IMO.

12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Our point differential is around+5 in the games Dwight has played, and +2 in the games he hasn't. His net rating when he's on the court is 7.7, which is actually higher than Harden. The Rockets are significantly better with Dwight Howard. Kind of amazing that someone even has to say that.

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Howard is a defensive monster. But offensively he has been a bit of a distraction and at times even a bit of a black hole.

Motiejunas plays great team basketball. If Dwight Howard will do the same from now on at the offensive end of the court, then I expect you are right. Otherwise, Howard could be the one that causes this team's demise in the playoffs.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That's what I was thinking when we first signed Smith, but now that he's been playing so well off the bench, it'll probably end up being Jones/Howard with Smith/DMo.

15. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Thanks for the updates!

16. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Thnx ID

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Will DMo play tomorrow

With Howard out. . .we need him or jones to play

Rocket River

18. omgTHEpotential

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thanks for your support and messages. Will be back on court after a couple of weeks. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ROCKETS?src=hash">#ROCKETS</a> <a href="http://t.co/u2ZV23mZJk">pic.twitter.com/u2ZV23mZJk</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/581905354503663616">March 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Wow!
    Well .. get rest and be ready for the Playoffs

Rocket River

20. reliableman

reliableman Member

Puffy face! Dude must've hit the bar with Harden the night before.