1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict the Warriors next 5 games..

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tochiee22, Mar 17, 2015.

1. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

5 games in 7 nights and Warriors went 5-0. Very nicely done.

2. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Talk about being a mutha Effin jinx..

Fml : (

3. lalala902102001

The Warriors have been the best team this season hands down. This winning streak has been very impressive.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe they are just a team of destiny. Seems more lucky to me than anything.

They got Atlanta without Korver. They are 0-3 since he went down.

They got Pelicans without Anthony Davis.

They got Blazers without Lamarcus Aldrige, and Nic Batum...

Rockets without Harden could win those three games.

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Still not convinced the warriors make it out of the west. I want to see how they do in a 7 game series against an elite team like Spurs where they have an entire series to break you down and adjust. Yes they have the best record in the league but that's because you have teams like the Spurs who don't care about record and are focused on the playoffs, they also have a history of success and NBA finals. They are still the favorites in my eyes, the Warriors are experiencing their first year of real elite success, I don't think they are favorites to win unless they been there before and have proved to be a team that can make it deep in the play offs. Playing great in the regular season and doesn't always mean success in the play offs.

6. tochiee22

I wish the rockets had a lil luck like that... Instead we're on the other end getting bodies taking from us and are forced to play harden till he collapses!!
    Dam you basketball gods!! Dams yous all to helllllllll

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The Warriors are the best team without questions.

8. JazzLakerHater

I've been wanting to put them down all season long, but at some point you just have to tip your cap to them. Teams with that large of a point differential have historically won the title. I mean seriously, I'm surprised when I see the Warriors play a close game.

9. xaos

xaos Member

Awwwwww Tarter Sauce

[​IMG]

10. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

I'm still amazed how they will win 60+. They didn't really impress me in all of the games other then just making a lot of shots. Nobody seems to miss and that's crazy with the personel they have: Speights, Barbosa, Lee, Iggy & Barnes. They are all not known for great shooting, Barbosa used to be one but nobody could see coming that he had a 2nd wind in him. Splash brothers are always going to shoot a lot and make a lot, but the role players are very impressive.

By the way, Curry with 38 points, 8/12 threes and 10 assists in only 34 minutes. That is just amazing, this may indeed go down to the wire though I don't think crazy shooting should matter. The 50 point game for Harden shouldn't, the 44 game, the other 30+, none of that. It's about how well they play all facets of the game on a constant basis and how much that helps the team win. Leadership and importance to the team are also factors imo, so injuries and team record definitely should count.

11. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

You have to be blind not to see this, the Warriors are in a class by themselves right now, no other teams come even close.

Can they win the title? Maybe, maybe not. But they are certainly the most favorite. I compare them to the Phoenix team which lost to the Spurs in 7 games, but with superior defense. I just don't see any team good enough to beat them in a 7 game series this year.

Curry is hands down MVP in my book. No one in this league demands more defensive attention than this guy because of his unlimited shooting range and passing ability. He is always picked up by defense right across the half court, half of the teams double him up to the mid-court to take the ball out of his hands. The reason all those other Warriors have career year was largely due to the defensive attention paid to him.

#51 daoshi, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  12. tochiee22

I missed the days when we used to own them. I loved the small rivalry we had against them because I had confidence on our team to outplay them. Most deff loved that game we tied the record for most threes in a game but got stopped from breaking the record by that foul in the last minutes. Sob.

But it seems like no ones is able to stop them right now. They're a team that is now set to be a top 5 team for the next several years. They have what it takes to win it all this year and moving foward. Great players (splash girls) good role players (everyone not h splash bros) and a great coach imo.

I still hate them with a passion but I wont be surprised if they only lose a couple games to close out the season

13. BleedsRocketRed

If they finish out the season as song as they have been these last few days, Curry will have the MVP locked down. I just cant see the media giving it to anyone else but the darlings of the NBA. Record and all, you can argue with results especially considering they just blew out Memphis on the road.

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Warriors are currently on a 9 game winning streak...

15. tksense

tksense Member

Oh and 14 with regular starters.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'll be absolutely stunned if they don't win the title. As much as I hate to say it, they're just on another level than everybody else.

17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I'm actually foreseeing a first round exit by the Warriors. Would be insane if my sixth sense is actually correct! ;)

18. tksense

tksense Member

There's a chance the players will crack under pressure in face of a more experienced team. But I think they derive a lot of confidence from Steve Kerr and his r#ings... How many has he got?

I think he will have a calming influence and there's a good chance this will overcome the virgin factor. It all starts from the top. Kerr, then steph. We will soon see what Curry is made of, right as he freshly enters his prime without much of playoff baptisms yet.

19. tksense

tksense Member

Yeah you can keep calling it luck. But they don't need luck to win these. Over the 14 games the winning margin is +16. The starters play like barely over 30min - the Spurs way, without being old. They're fresh for a reason, no one does too much or tries too hard, by design.

And curry is still dropping numbers, the kind of numbers that elevate teammates, as mentioned a few posts up, and not the kind of number Westbrook gets (by hogging). The kind of number is manifested in 60Ws so far.

Yes I'm saying if Harden or Westbrook knows how to share duties more,mother team will win more because everybody will perform better. Role players "on a good day" will become the norm.

20. tksense

tksense Member

Lol at auto correct.

Mother team makes sense tho. Can't argue. If the best player knows how to maximize team play, and all players are put in position to help each other perform at capacity, then the team will perform at maximum level in all games.

That is what we are seeing with the Warriors right now. You can say Tim and Ginobli was important for the Spurs in this way too. It's not just the numbers, as the box score doesn't differentiate this.

For example in the last game, I think Harden should've given up the dunk at the end and drop it off to Ariza as a reward for his defense and getting way up the court first. It's a customary act of teamwork.

Usually point guards are all aware of this effect of rewarding a teammate for defense. Harden is the point guard here too, he can use less ISO and let the team do more things. I guarantee the team record will improve.