1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amick: JaVale McGee freed from Philly, Houston among potential destinations?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 1, 2015.

1. basketballholic

Bynum is bowling.
    Blatche is blowing smoke and beating a babe somewhere.
    McGee is Shaqt'n up with his mamma.

2. knucklehead3321

Ha...sounds about right, do you know if the 15th is the day playoff rosters are set? I read it somewhere about mcgee when he was waived, but cant find the article for the life of me. Or any other info on the deadline for that matter. If so we only have 2 days and we can put this thread to rest.

3. basketballholic

Gotta be on the roster last day of the regular season to be playoff eligible.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dwight is not enough. Javale is not enough. We need both AND Jesus Shuttleworth.

Rockets are really struggling with the 3 ball, need another shooter and the best available by far is Ray Allen. Anyone think he would play for vet min if he had another shot at a ring? Allen starting alongside Harden would be deadly. That allows Bev to play fewer minutes to keep him (and Terry) fresh. Our 8 man rotation has worn the living heck out of this team.

5. MONON

MONON Member

While I agree with you:)eek:), I would really like McGee for the playoff run. We'll need his rim protection & rebounding for the playoffs. However, from what I hear about him; I don't think he'll come here for a contract that DM will offer him.

6. basketballholic

I have no problem with adding McGee if nothing better comes up. But I hate eating one cent of Dorsey's deal.

7. knucklehead3321

Okay, so I was right about the 15th just not the month. Say we sign him would he have had to have played at least 1 game with us before the playoffs, or he can just be on the team for the playoffs? The longer this drags out the more likely he signs with some playoff team, to try and showcase for a longer contract this summer, but then again it is mcgee so he might just sign with the Lakers.

D-rock allen would be nice but he's already said he wont be back "this year"

MONON he has to know some $ is better than no $ all hes gotta do is play decent for playoffs and in the summer some teams will throw $$$ at him plus hes still getting paid from philly. He'd stand to get a larger contract in the summer if he signed already and showcased himself, I'm stating to think his agent is as birdbrained as him. If mcgee even has an agent, with it being mcgee it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

8. knucklehead3321

Same here, but if we waive him we could stretch it, hinkie would probably grab him on waivers im pretty sure just to do morey a solid, its not like the 76ers are having $ problems or attractimg free agents for the near future.

9. basketballholic

If Hinkie will pick up Dorsey, then get 'er done.

10. basketballholic

I think it is most likely that any final roster adjustments will happen the week of April 15th. The talent pool could grow somewhat with the conclusion of most the the Euroleague season except the Final Four.

I'm watching several players over there (and China) that I think Morey may be interested in. One name you might want to remember...Boban Marjanovic.

#490 basketballholic, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  11. knucklehead3321

Yeah, heard of him hes a big dude like 7'4 300lbs right, but not much of a shotblocker from what I recall even in the euro league. I dont know who we would dump but david stockton, john stocktons son has been playing insane in NBDL avg. Like 40 pnts. 16assts 5 rebs 5 stls on over 50% shooting this last couple weeks. I realize its NBDL, but thats hard to do even in high school ball. I despise john stockton, but I think david is going to be a very solid PG in the NBA. I wouldn't mind looking at him too, if we decide to pick up a PG.

12. basketballholic

Definitely intrigued by Stockton. Seen him play. He's small. But highly skilled. Unfortunately, I don't think anything much is going to happen at the PG spot unless somebody gets hurt. I think Prigs is here for the season. You'd have to drop either him or Nick Johnson to add Stockton. Just don't see that happening. And even if it were possible, I question the fit here. While I think we need a secondary playmaker to Harden...I think we're waiting on this mythical 6'5" PG with long arms and the ability to nail the 3-ball to appear on the scene. A major component of our strategy is to defend the 3-ball line and force opponents into low percentage 3-ball shots and drive down the volume of 3-ball shots...period. I don't see Stockton as a fit in that scheme. So, I would doubt we ever get serious about adding him. Even though I agree with you, he's an NBA player waiting to happen.

I could see us possibly dropping Dorsey for a big big. Yes, Marjanovic is slower and he's not athletic. But he has loads of size, very good hands, a 9'7" standing reach which will cause bigs that bang on him to have to fade considerably to hit shots. I think he can play in the NBA.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Marjanovic will not help this season. Guy is a project. A huge unathletic one, but a project nonetheless.

14. knucklehead3321

Your right about us not adressing the PG, unless one of our 40yr old pgs get hurt. I disagree about stockton fitting, while he is small he can create shots for himself, others, and hit the 3 and open shot consistently...I dont know much about his defending the 3 ball but, I know he gets a lot of steals but we do have bev for D. I got some stats on this marjanovich guy hes is huge but has never averaged even 1 block a game I'm sure hed alter alot of shots... I just think he's too much of a project to help in the playoffs I'd rather take my chances with capela than eat dorseys contract. For a guy who could be good or could just be a stiff. In the offseason I'd definitely want to look more into him.

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I think it is too late for McGee. He didnt get a buyout until after March 1st

16. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

False. It was right before the deadline, last day I believe, so he is eligible to play in the playoffs.

17. knucklehead3321

Right, it was down to the last hour... just about, but hes eligible.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

So why the F is he not on a team yet:confused: WTF:confused:

19. knucklehead3321

He got a birdbrain...and wants a player option for next season, he should just sign for the remainder of the season and showcase himself for a longer contract this summer. Someone his size and age there will be a few teams willing to pay him long, and good .The longer this drags out, the better for us because he will likely sign with a playoff team. Which would give us a 1 in 15 chance to sign him. I can NOT see Poppavich putting up with his antics.

1 person likes this.
  20. Victorious

Victorious Member

LOL yeah I'm sure Morey is going to bring a guy over from overseas and play him in the playoffs. McHale can't wait!