1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. dron

dron Member

those arms is his biggest weakness but he can improve his jump he just gained a lot of weight for the past year or two.
    Put 20lbs weight on your shoulders and try to jump as much as u can lol

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

Post up skills, elite passing, outside shooting, rebounding, shot blocking, defense...sounds like Sabonis to me.

What are you talking about? Let me explain what I meant. What I'm saying is that DMo has weaknesses, but he really needs to focus on being great at the things he is good at in order to make them matter less. Kind of like Marc Gasol has been able to do. He simply is not going to be great at all of those aforementioned things. If he were, he would be Arvydas Sabonis.

3. dron

dron Member

and you forgot that referees call fouls all the time on DMo when he push his opponents for rebounds.
    Jesus christ.. not long time ago everyone was complaining that dmo problem was too many fouls. Now he dont foul, and everyone complain about rebounds.

4. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

The reason for the foul trouble is his poor fundamentals on defense... He has no problem with putting in the work ethic in on offense, but he has to do the same for defense..

You can try and make as many excuses as you want for him... He needs to but in a lot of work on the defensive end...

T_Man

5. dron

dron Member

lol no he wouldnt be even close to prime Arvydas. Believe me, there was only few basketball players in this whole world that you could compare to fricking PRIME Arvydas.

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Never mind, you really have not clue or understanding about what I'm saying if you think I'm comparing freaking DMo to Sabonis. They aren't in the same league and that was really the whole point.

7. cruwinas_lawona

Three point shooting:

Jason Terry - 1, James Harden -2, D-Mo -3.

October - November (1)31-76(40.78%) (2)39-115(33.91%) (3)6-26(23.07%)
    Since (1)66-177(37.29%) (2)122-309(39.48%) (3)35-86(40.70%)

Sorry, I wanted to provide data in a more visually pleasing way, didn't happen.

Anyway, if my math is correct, since December DMo is the most accurate shooter from this trio. Of course, the threes that Harden makes are on a different level of difficulty and importance, but as a mathematical numbers are concern - it's nuts. Ambidextrous 7 footer with crazy post moves is the best three point shooter :p

Don't take me too serious, but even I couldn't hope for such change. And funny thing is that for DMo it is easy to launch them (in terms of physical effort).

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

He's like Scola. Only dunks once every full moon.

9. cruwinas_lawona

DMo dunked 13 times this season. Man, I wished I could live on your planet :p

10. dron

dron Member

even if u would give Dmo all those things that u mentioned, even then he wouldn't be in the same league as prime Sabonis.

11. dron

dron Member

easy to launch, but i thing majority of Dmo 3 pointers was made when dmo was completely free. lol defenders let him shoot 3pt coz they thought he was bad shooter

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

For a majority of the season Motiejunas was one of the best positional defenders in the league. The stats backed it up as did his performance. Unfortunately certain posters have their own agendas and think a bad stretch of 5 games negates the majority of the season.

That's cute.

D-Mo has quite a few things to work on. And he's obviously not capable of anchoring a defense at this point in his career. What he's being asked to do on defense right now is a lot different than what he had to for the majority of the season.

I think the guy has proved himself. Most of your analysis is highly reactive and short sighted. He's played well an entire season. Calm down.

1 person likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Dmo has definitely put more of an arc in his shot and it's paying off.

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

3rd leg :rolleyes:

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I really like Motie, but he has definitely NOT been one of the best positional defenders all year. He had a good november, and since then has regressed each month, from average in Dec, to below avg in Jan, to poor in Feb, to horrible in Mar.

Having said that, i agree with most of the rest of what you said!

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He played pretty good defense last night. Saw him shut down drives to the basket many times.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Record it
    Remember it
    Savor it

Refer back to this memory from time to time when someone tries to claim white men can't jump. Relay this tale to your grand kids of how DMo once flew like an eagle high above the rim to dunk a ball into the basket. If you are afraid of the Eagles, don't go to the air.

Always Remember
    [​IMG]Think about it.

I think I need more coffee :p

18. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Not to take the credits from DMo, but he's threes are mostly uncontested open ones (or open 3s). :p While Terry and Harden take a lot of contested 3s with clock winding down.

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The fear of the 3 is often more important than actually making it.

If D-mo continues to knock them down, opposing big men will have to start respecting it, which means more space for the bearded wonder to operate.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Dmo needs to watch the TO's.